+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Re: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Cooper had a decent reputation for working with young players, and attracted some quality loan signings.

If City had appointed any of the decent available candidates like Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they’d have attracted decent players based on what they’ve achieved, and players believing in them.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings. Our better players will leave, to be replaced with journeyman, whereby we become a team competing in the bottom third of the division.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot of him, the supporters hated the football. Granted they had a rubbish squad, with arguably only two really decent players. But Rowatt transformed them, with good coaching.

Harris was a cheap option, and the club will go backwards under him.
    We've already gone forward with him. From 14th place to 5th. And the quality of football has improved.

Absolute dross, no passion or desire whatsoever, it was embarrassing.

First 20 minutes apart, this was like a training game for Fulham who hardly had to get out of first gear, and deserved the win.

This was a Fulham side that struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and were without the divisions top scorer.

How can we play such an important game at home, and after going one down, not even force the opposition keeper to make a save in the next 44 minutes? As soon as Fulham scored, their heads went down, there was no passion, fight or desire to make a game of it.

I don’t rate Harris at all, and I can’t understand some supporters or the media’s, love in with him.

I can’t respect a manager who described Ralls as a ‘Superstar’, and Glatzel ‘one of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’

Harris is no miracle worker, as he and some of the media try to paint him. Regardless of a couple of poor signings by Warnock, this was a squad easily good enough to make the Playoffs, in a poor quality division. Just look at our bench tonight, around £20 million of players, most of who would get in to other Championship starting sides.

If you want to see managers who’ve genuinely done fantastic jobs on limited resources in the Championship, look at Cooper at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall. Both have been exceptional.

Rowatt took a dire Millwall team that Harris left in a relegation fight, and transformed them to Playoff contenders, up to the last week.

Cooper saw Swansea sell their better players like McBurnie and James, a whole stack of injuries, but still took them in to the Playoffs. He had to stick a couple of young players on the bench, last night.

In the window Cooper added decent loan players who made an impact, in Gallagher and Brewster. Harris added err, Smith and Sanderson.

The local media rarely ask a challenging question. But I wish one of them has the balls to ask Harris why he picked such a negative side, and started Pack?

The improved form post break was based on Pack being dropped, and Vaulks replacing him. Since then Vaulks has been one of our better players, offering far more energy and attacking contribution around the pitch.

Pack is slow, one paced and offers nothing. He was playing deeper at times tonight, than Morrison.

He let Onomah walk around him for the opening goal, and offered nothing all game. Even worse, as terrible as he was, Harris left him on to play the whole game!

Personally, I’d like to never to see Glatzel and Pack, in a City shirt again.

A half decent centre forward would have had one, or even two goals in the first half.

Time and time again, we’ve seen that Glatzel isn’t physically strong enough at this level, and isn’t a decent finisher. We will never get our money back on him, when he leaves.

Throw in Harris’s cringeable Landaan barrow boy interviews and some of the crap he comes out with, and he makes me want to give my season ticket a miss next season.

One man to blame for that shite tonite, Neil Harris.
    Making a bit of a tit of yourself here mate

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And the quality of football has improved.
    Did you watch tonight’s game?

We didn’t have a shot on target for the 44 minutes, after they scored their first goal.

As for our football, or rather lack of, it was beyond dire.

But even worse, gutless, and devoid of any passion or fight.

We meekly laid down and rolled over, at home.

Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

You're taking the piss right? Pulis, Hughes and Hughton attracting players with their fantastic styles of play?

Also, if Rowett transformed Millwall by taking them from 18th to 8th then surely Harris has also transformed us by taking us from 14th to 5th?
    I know it’s hard for you to grasp, but Harris inherited a squad with £20 million of players on the bench tonight. I doubt the whole Millwall team is worth that.

So yes, Rowatt did a far superior job.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings.
    That isnt how it works. You are a moron

I know it’s hard for you to grasp, but Harris inherited a squad with £20 million of players on the bench tonight. I doubt the whole Millwall team is worth that.

So yes, Rowatt did a far superior job.
    £20m? Just because Warnock overpaid for duds doesn't make them worth it. Although I'm sure the genius that is Tony Pulis would have had them playing some slick incisive football reminiscent of Guardiola's Barcelona side

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    £20m? Just because Warnock overpaid for duds doesn't make them worth it. Although I'm sure the genius that is Tony Pulis would have had them playing some slick incisive football reminiscent of Guardiola's Barcelona side

Imagine sitting next to this kent at home games

Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Imagine sitting next to this kent at home games

Nightmare
    Doubt you'd find him anywhere near the ground just a WUM

First 20 minutes apart, this was like a training game for Fulham who hardly had to get out of first gear, and deserved the win.

This was a Fulham side that struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and were without the divisions top scorer.

How can we play such an important game at home, and after going one down, not even force the opposition keeper to make a save in the next 44 minutes? As soon as Fulham scored, their heads went down, there was no passion, fight or desire to make a game of it.

I don’t rate Harris at all, and I can’t understand some supporters or the media’s, love in with him.

I can’t respect a manager who described Ralls as a ‘Superstar’, and Glatzel ‘one of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’

Harris is no miracle worker, as he and some of the media try to paint him. Regardless of a couple of poor signings by Warnock, this was a squad easily good enough to make the Playoffs, in a poor quality division. Just look at our bench tonight, around £20 million of players, most of who would get in to other Championship starting sides.

If you want to see managers who’ve genuinely done fantastic jobs on limited resources in the Championship, look at Cooper at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall. Both have been exceptional.

Rowatt took a dire Millwall team that Harris left in a relegation fight, and transformed them to Playoff contenders, up to the last week.

Cooper saw Swansea sell their better players like McBurnie and James, a whole stack of injuries, but still took them in to the Playoffs. He had to stick a couple of young players on the bench, last night.

In the window Cooper added decent loan players who made an impact, in Gallagher and Brewster. Harris added err, Smith and Sanderson.

The local media rarely ask a challenging question. But I wish one of them has the balls to ask Harris why he picked such a negative side, and started Pack?

The improved form post break was based on Pack being dropped, and Vaulks replacing him. Since then Vaulks has been one of our better players, offering far more energy and attacking contribution around the pitch.

Pack is slow, one paced and offers nothing. He was playing deeper at times tonight, than Morrison.

He let Onomah walk around him for the opening goal, and offered nothing all game. Even worse, as terrible as he was, Harris left him on to play the whole game!

A half decent centre forward would have had one, or even two goals in the first half.

Time and time again, we’ve seen that Glatzel isn’t physically strong enough at this level, and isn’t a decent finisher. We will never get our money back on him, when he leaves.

Throw in Harris’s cringeable Landaan barrow boy interviews and some of the crap he comes out with, and he makes me want to give my season ticket a miss next season.

I’m wasn’t overly enamoured with the appointment of Harris but ****ing hell take a beta blocker or something?

I thought City done alright first half. I’m not sure why they appeared to concede another 10 yards in trying to keep their defensive shape from the second half which inevitably led them to being ragged but Fulham were better in all areas. That’s football butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But there is a fair bit of truth in what he says......
    No theres not.

Agree with most of that, except Harris is playing with the cards he's been dealt. Apart from Tomlin there's not a single City player in the squad who can receive the ball and pass it on in one move. There are many clubs below us in this division who I consider having better potential than us. Harris has tried to change the way City play, and yesterday - for about 15 minutes [!] - we did pass the ball well, but it was a fleeting moment and our players were truly humbled. Comparisons with Swansea however are valid. There's no structural, geographical or financial reason for them to have consistently better footballers and stronger squads than us. It just goes down to history and the way they have done things since the Martinez early days..t

Did you watch tonight’s game?

We didn’t have a shot on target for the 44 minutes, after they scored their first goal.

As for our football, or rather lack of, it was beyond dire.

But even worse, gutless, and devoid of any passion or fight.

We meekly laid down and rolled over, at home.

Embarrassing.
    We got outplayed, by a better team. It happens. If we had taken our chances in the first half it might have been different, but we didn't and it wasn't. I saw nothing to be embarrassed about yesterday. Except maybe the £5.5M Warnock paid for Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We got outplayed, by a better team. It happens. If we had taken our chances in the first half it might have been different, but we didn't and it wasn't. I saw nothing to be embarrassed about yesterday. Except maybe the £5.5M Warnock paid for Glatzel.
    You and I don't always see eye to eye but at least we chat about football. Bluebird23 just wants to troll.

so what does that make Warnock? He took us down to 14th

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hughes and Pulis

Mate, you've over trolled there.
    The OP is a very poor effort, so transparent, then hes massively overcooked it by throwing Pulis in there.

I know hes trolling but I cant see any other Harris thread so ima say my two penneth here.

Hes done a fantastic job thus far, far better than anyone prediced he would. We had no business making the play-offs from where we were when he took us over and the feeling around the football club at that time.

His wasnt an exciting appointment but over time the style has got more pleasing on the eye and certainly since the restart weve scored some fantastic goals from open play.

He deserves credit for turning our season around and I certainly wont be turning on him because we were beaten by a side who lets be honest have better players. We needed them to be a little off their game and everyone on our game to get a result, like the Leeds game at the start of restart, but certainly after the 1st water break and 1st quarter of the 2nd half Fulham were bang on their game whilst we had too many players who were off the pace last night. NML and Hoilett were very poor and Reed did a job on Tomlin. Ironically the Mitrovic injury probably helped them more than it helped us. Morrison would have been preparing for a physical battle but instead Fulham played even more intricate football than they usually do.

It would have been nice to get promotion but our squad isnt good enough for the Premier League and would need major surgery just to be competitive so its not the end of the world that we are not going to go up this year. Let Harris bring 2/3 of his own players in and we can go again next year.

I look forward to next year in the Championship evolving further our style of play and winning more football matches than we will lose.

Neil Harris Barmy Army

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I know hes trolling but I cant see any other Harris thread so ima say my two penneth here.

Hes done a fantastic job thus far, far better than anyone prediced he would. We had no business making the play-offs from where we were when he took us over and the feeling around the football club at that time.

His wasnt an exciting appointment but over time the style has got more pleasing on the eye and certainly since the restart weve scored some fantastic goals from open play.

He deserves credit for turning our season around and I certainly wont be turning on him because we were beaten by a side who lets be honest have better players. We needed them to be a little off their game and everyone on our game to get a result, like the Leeds game at the start of restart, but certainly after the 1st water break and 1st quarter of the 2nd half Fulham were bang on their game whilst we had too many players who were off the pace last night. NML and Hoilett were very poor and Reed did a job on Tomlin. Ironically the Mitrovic injury probably helped them more than it helped us. Morrison would have been preparing for a physical battle but instead Fulham played even more intricate football than they usually do.

It would have been nice to get promotion but our squad isnt good enough for the Premier League and would need major surgery just to be competitive so its not the end of the world that we are not going to go up this year. Let Harris bring 2/3 of his own players in and we can go again next year.

I look forward to next year in the Championship evolving further our style of play and winning more football matches than we will lose.

Neil Harris Barmy Army
    Agree with this post, plus on a personal level I would rather us go up next season or season after when there is a guarantee crowds can return.

The OP is a very poor effort, so transparent, then hes massively overcooked it by throwing Pulis in there.

Yeah, that would be the same Pulis who took Stoke up, and established them in the Premier league.

And the same Pulis who was Premier League manager of the year in 2013-14, for the fantastic job he did at Palace.

Throw in the fact he’s a Newport lad who used to come and watch us as a boy, and I’d take that CV with someone who clearly has an affinity to the club, as opposed to the others, who just want a pay cheque.

AH another one that pop up only when we lose a game, been very quiet since the restart huh?

Neil Harris Barmy Army
    Fantastic job, no right to be in the Playoffs?

Harris inherited a large squad with many players who’d just played in the Premier league, and almost stayed up. We were one of the bookies favourites for promotion.

Every time we were on SKY, they’d mention we had arguably the strongest subs bench in the division. Last night circa £20 million, sat on it.

A fantastic job is what Cooper has done at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall, with little to no resources. Not what Harris has done with an expensive, big squad.

Harris isn’t a good manager, and for a club with supposed premier league ambitions, he’s not the maanger who’ll every take a team up.

Everything about him last night was a loser, compared to Parker.

The way he dressed, the way he conducts himself in interviews, his lack of tactical tactical acumen.

Last night we were at home to a side who struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and we made them look like Brazil. They were even without their best player, and we had just 22% possession second half, against an average side.

Losing I can handle. But the gutless, insipid performance with no heart or fight, I can’t.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot if him, and transformed their fortunes when he left.

I have no doubt, Warnock would have got us in the Playoffs.

I was one who was completely underwhelmed by Neil Harris' appointment and I still think the board has shown no ambition whatsoever. However, Harris has done a great job as far as I'm concerned with one hand tied behind his back.

Let's face it, apart from Tomlin, this squad is comprised of over valued journeymen and Fulham are way beyond us in terms of quality. Harris has done wonders to have even got us to the playoffs while slowly trying to improve a mediocre squad.

I definitely wouldn't have wanted Pulis here but I must admit I would have loved to have seen Jocanovic appointed but the board were always unlikely to have gone down that route because they knew he would have insisted on major funding for a complete overhaul. So in my opinion it's fair to criticize our dreadful board but Harris deserves a lot of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You and I don't always see eye to eye but at least we chat about football. Bluebird23 just wants to troll.

Yeah, that would be the same Pulis who took Stoke up, and established them in the Premier league.

And the same Pulis who was Premier League manager of the year in 2013-14, for the fantastic job he did at Palace.

Throw in the fact he’s a Newport lad who used to come and watch us as a boy, and I’d take that CV with someone who clearly has an affinity to the club, as opposed to the others, who just want a pay cheque.
    2/10. Must try harder.