Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
I would add that having followed City for quite some time I find the message boards quite a fair representation of the fan base.

From the nutter to the quiet fella who walks home after a game not saying a lot.

Give me passion and feeling, even if it comes out a bit raw sometimes, over reasoned and quiet acceptance of a bad performance every time. That is just me and my take on it. I'm not going to tell fans how they should feel or react any time soon.

Your reasoned 'Ah we lost but did well' and turn over the telly is a lot more like what you would expect from the fans of the big clubs if you think about it because they don't feel it like real fans do. Passion and emotion are not what I would associate with the Sky Sports Season ticket holders with crisp replica shirt thinking they embody the Spirit of Shankly. They just turn over the TV and don't really care all that much.

Passion in all its forms over quiet acceptance every time for me.
Nice and reflective of how I feel...

Perhaps TLG has the right approach and ambivalence would make things easier......Unfortunately I can’t get the City out of my blood so it’s always gonna hurt.... but the upsides are definitely worth it