+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok ........who the feck do we think we are ?

Ok ........who the feck do we think we are ?

Some of the moaning on here tonight , the slating of the manager , gutless blah blah blah is something you hear from some idiot in a man united top in a pub in fecking Surrey

Warnock did a fantastic job in stabilising us and getting us promoted

With a little bit of luck and some better signings we could have stated up

But it wasnt to be

So , quite understandably the owner was clearly not going to throw the cash around , nor will he next season

We have a young manager in harris who has , whatever the outcome of the game at fulham , brought us from 14th to 5th

That is a success .......winning 7 out of our last ten games

We are not ......thank feck ......man united , liverpool , arsenal , chelsea , spurs etc

We are a mid placed championship side and like watford , burnley , palace etc have had the chance to spend a few years in the top flight and sadly blown it .

It is what it is . Far bigger clubs than us like derby , forest and wednesday are scrapping around .

Do people think we are suddenly going to spend a load of money like man united do every time they lose a game ?

Now I would want nothing more than ccfc to do a Bournemouth and spend five years in the top flight , mostly because if we out stayed that first season I believe we would be far better equipped for a long spell than the likes of bournemouth

I have no idea how the game v fulham will go but I think neil harris and most of this squad deserves a chance next season

Are there better managers out there ? Of course

Are some of our players not good enough ? No doubt about it

Do we need to sort out our scouting system and bring on young local players ?......too right we do

But if you want to support a successful team and have a moan every time we get done on the pitch I think the south wales branches of the liverpool and man united supporters clubs would welcome your 30 quid yearly subs

We are cardiff city , this is our team , every day I wake up and thank the lord CCFC is my team

Cobblers to throwing our toys out of the pram , let the fake fans of the big clubs do that

We are better than that , we are cardiff

Re: Ok ........who the feck do we think we are ?

You like making threads don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You like making threads don't you.
    You have to make a stand against the forces of darkness

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have to make a stand against the forces of darkness
    I agree people are ott.

Spose you could've said that as a comment in another thread. Hence my response about you loving a thread :)

Some of the moaning on here tonight , the slating of the manager , gutless blah blah blah is something you hear from some idiot in a man united top in a pub in fecking Surrey

But it wasnt to be

So , quite understandably the owner was clearly not going to throw the cash around , nor will he next season

We have a young manager in harris who has , whatever the outcome of the game at fulham , brought us from 14th to 5th

We are not ......thank feck ......man united , liverpool , arsenal , chelsea , spurs etc

We are a mid placed championship side and like watford , burnley , palace etc have had the chance to spend a few years in the top flight and sadly blown it .

It is what it is . Far bigger clubs than us like derby , forest and wednesday are scrapping around .

Do people think we are suddenly going to spend a load of money like man united do every time they lose a game ?

Now I would want nothing more than ccfc to do a Bournemouth and spend five years in the top flight , mostly because if we out stayed that first season I believe we would be far better equipped for a long spell than the likes of bournemouth

I have no idea how the game v fulham will go but I think neil harris and most of this squad deserves a chance next season

Do we need to sort out our scouting system and bring on young local players ?......too right we do

But if you want to support a successful team and have a moan every time we get done on the pitch I think the south wales branches of the liverpool and man united supporters clubs would welcome your 30 quid yearly subs

We are cardiff city , this is our team , every day I wake up and thank the lord CCFC is my team

Cobblers to throwing our toys out of the pram , let the fake fans of the big clubs do that

...Great post SLUDGE.
    Being a City supporter is not about sustained success..you take the highs with the lows.
    On an Easter monday many years ago , I ' treated ' a couple of mates..one Everton and the other Chelsea , to a trip from sunny Hertfordshire to watch the Bluebirds in a top of the 4th division game against Cheaterfield..the 3.3 game.
    We stood in the Bob bank and they couldn't believe the noise we were making..think it was a ' full house '..possibly 13000 at the time ?
    And when we scored and everybody went nuts they were staggered by our excitement..one of them commented..' you lot like a goal down here '..
    I told him that we never take any success for granted and ride the highs because the lows are always just around the corner...
    That's being a City fan..always has been..always will be..wouldn't want it any other way.
    Blooooobirds!!

But it wasnt to be

Sludge, things that are being posted on here mirror what I've been reading and been sent on social media.

When the side performs as badly as it did last night in such a high profile and important game, fans are rightly going to be pissed off and want to vent some steam. They are going to question what went wrong and make observations.

Do you think a Northampton message board would have been different to ours after they lost to Cheltenham?

I remember this board after we lost 3-0 to Reading. It was rather hostile. Last night there was virtually no in-fighting between fans and I thought there was a fair and healthy discussion about the game.

If people are slating Harris all of a sudden after last night they are not real fans. He’s done a decent job without signing any players of his own. It’s a poisoned chalice going up anyway, we need to build a youth system and have a conveybelt of them coming through to have a chance. Let him build

Play off final Aug 4th. New season starts 12th September.

Not a lot of time to turn an average championship squad into one that could avoid humiliation at the next level. As someone else said, imagine Pack v Salah, Nelson v Aguero or Glatzel v Van Dijk.

Last night could be a blessing in disguise. The manager has done a lot better than anyone expected and another season at this level could be better for us in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If people are slating Harris all of a sudden after last night they are not real fans. He’s done a decent job without signing any players of his own. It’s a poisoned chalice going up anyway, we need to build a youth system and have a conveybelt of them coming through to have a chance. Let him build
    How can you say they are not real fans? They are slating the manager and team because they are hurt, feeling let down, gutted etc.... we have probably all woken up this morning feeling a little less pissed off.
    Fulham were better than us but after all the build up of the wins against Leeds, Bristol etc the prospect of getting to the Premier league in a season we had probably all thought would be a mid table finish, we are gutted.
    We'll get over it, and get behind the team and manager again, but let us vent some feelings elevate some stress and disappointment ffs.

I for one think Harris is a great manager, I want him here for the long term, we've got some great players too but i was pissed off last night, gutted with the performance and the team selection. Does that make me not a real fan? Shall I return my season ticket? No, don't be daft. This is a forum for Cardiff fans, to express their opinions that will probably differ to other fan opinions, a chance for people to have a debate.

There wasnt much outcry about team selection before the match.

Pack had a poor 2nd half. But he was there to get the ball off the back 4 and try to get us passing the ball. Glatzel takes his chances its a different game.

Now theres outcry because Vaulks didnt start. Vaulks has done well since he has come in but its not like we left out Pirlo. I think weve missed Bacuna in there more.

The other selection issue is up front.

Thats something we need to address in the next month.

Harris has done brilliantly.

Right back and striker needed.

Get 2 good ones and we are in with a good shout of a big challenge next season.

But it wasnt to be

I was firmly in the pi$$ed off camp last night. I still am today but to a lesser extent.

It wasn't the defeat, it was the manner of defeat.

Do you think the fans of every club would not moan if they lost like that in a home play off leg? If you think that is only reserved for the big clubs and plastic fans then you are wrong.

Yes, we are Cardiff City. Yes, we have been average to shite for as long as most of us can remember barring a few cup finals and a few stints in the promised land but that still doesn't mean we have to congratulate the team for a very sub par performance. I don't buy that Fulham are all that great for one second. If they were that good they would have gone up in the autos in what was a very average Championship.
    It seems because we were shite you always have to cast memory back to that when the team play badly now. It isn't necessary.

People, including myself, have praised Harris and the squad for getting 5th spot and rightly so. He has done a very good job and was on a hiding to nothing when he came in.

Getting to 5th makes it all the more harder to stomach such a flat and passive performance though. Could we not have pressured Fulham more and give them more to think about like Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday did recently? Of course we could. Does questioning that mean we should go and support one of the big four rather than City? Not really.

To question fans support for the club because they are pissed off after a defeat is weird. It shows passion and that this team not being successful effects them. They could question why you're not a bit more pissed off by the loss.
    I find it odd when people can witness such a defeat and be almost unmoved by it. Each to their own. We all support City and react to losses in different ways.

I would add that having followed City for quite some time I find the message boards quite a fair representation of the fan base.

From the nutter to the quiet fella who walks home after a game not saying a lot.

Give me passion and feeling, even if it comes out a bit raw sometimes, over reasoned and quiet acceptance of a bad performance every time. That is just me and my take on it. I'm not going to tell fans how they should feel or react any time soon.

Your reasoned 'Ah we lost but did well' and turn over the telly is a lot more like what you would expect from the fans of the big clubs if you think about it because they don't feel it like real fans do. Passion and emotion are not what I would associate with the Sky Sports Season ticket holders with crisp replica shirt thinking they embody the Spirit of Shankly. They just turn over the TV and don't really care all that much.

Passion in all its forms over quiet acceptance every time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I would add that having followed City for quite some time I find the message boards quite a fair representation of the fan base.

From the nutter to the quiet fella who walks home after a game not saying a lot.

Give me passion and feeling, even if it comes out a bit raw sometimes, over reasoned and quiet acceptance of a bad performance every time. That is just me and my take on it. I'm not going to tell fans how they should feel or react any time soon.

Your reasoned 'Ah we lost but did well' and turn over the telly is a lot more like what you would expect from the fans of the big clubs if you think about it because they don't feel it like real fans do. Passion and emotion are not what I would associate with the Sky Sports Season ticket holders with crisp replica shirt thinking they embody the Spirit of Shankly. They just turn over the TV and don't really care all that much.

Excellent post!

Or the reasonable ones do feel disappointed or elated but also have a healthy sense of perspective and are able to put a defeat behind them quite quickly and be as objective as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Or the reasonable ones do feel disappointed or elated but also have a healthy sense of perspective and are able to put a defeat behind them quite quickly and be as objective as possible.
    As is their right but people can react to a defeat how they like surely?

Are we in the business of telling fans how they should react now?

Surely it is all about opinions. Some people think last night's performance was alright, others think it was awful and all the reactions in between. This will always happen. Asking fans to remember how bad we have been in the past doesn't change much. I reacted to the game that I had watched as did many others. Getting battered by Rochdale on a wet Tuesday night two decades ago didn't come into it.

If people can stay calm and keep things in check and put things behind them so quickly then well done to them. Not everybody is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    seconded

Nice and reflective of how I feel...

Perhaps TLG has the right approach and ambivalence would make things easier......Unfortunately I can’t get the City out of my blood so it’s always gonna hurt.... but the upsides are definitely worth it

As is their right but people can react to a defeat how they like surely?

Yeah, of course, but you suggested the more reasonable "ah well, never mind" response was not how a "real fan" would react, and was more akin to the armchair glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Yeah, of course, but you suggested the more reasonable "ah well, never mind" response was not how a "real fan" would react, and was more akin to the armchair glory hunter.
    It was more a reaction to being told an over the top reaction and moaning is what the top four fans do. I was just saying that for me it is the opposite. Fans of the big clubs who watch them on TV aren't really passionate to any great extent when they lose.

For me react how you feel is right, within reason. There are much worse things to do than have a bit of a rant on a message board or in the pub afterwards. Football fans have done that in one way or another for years. From the reasoned man in the corner to the ranty man who people think is going over the top. People react differently to different events and always have.

For what it's worth I wish that I could be more reasoned in the immediate aftermath of a defeat or not let it get to me as much as it does. It just does though.

It doesn't mean I'm taking my eye off the bigger picture, just that I felt that performance wasn't what it should have been.

It was more a reaction to being told an over the top reaction and moaning is what the top four fans do. I was just saying that for me it is the opposite. Fans of the big clubs who watch them on TV aren't really passionate to any great extent when they lose.

For me react how you feel is right, within reason. There are much worse things to do than have a bit of a rant on a message board or in the pub afterwards. Football fans have done that in one way or another for years. From the reasoned man in the corner to the ranty man who people think is going over the top. People react differently to different events and always have.
    Fair enough, yeah, to say getting irate is a glory hunter thing is also wide of the mark; I should've taken that into account.

There is and always has been a bullying , moaning , hyper critical side to cardiff city supporters and it goes back years

Paul Bodin , only a lad at the time , used to get dreadful abuse from the bob bank , as did nigel Vaughan

Pat heard

Steve Mcphail .......half the crowd would moan when he got the ball , most people realise now what a gifted player he was

I think cardiff City fans whilst maybe not being the worst can be appalling in the way managers and players representing ccfc are treated

Its no good saying this is only a message board........managers and players read this.......the continual championship manager computer game criticism goes on verbally at the ground and has done for years

Josh low was just a kid on the wing for us up at merthyr in a pre season friendly and a group of so called city fans continually barracked him throughout the game , what does that do for a players confidence

If last nights game was open to the public I would not want to have been sat next to some of the people making comments on the match last night

Pack......rubbish !.......well we know he's an on off player but he's a bluebird

Morrison ......carthorse ! This is the same mozzarella who has been superb most of this season

Glazier.........looks like a iffy signing .......gets a few goals ......confidence rises .......fluffs a few ....oh hes crap !

Harris ........budget manager on the cheap , ccfc deserve better ! .........give him a chance ff sake .......moves us from 14th to 5th .......7 wins out of last 10 ........team performs badly last night ......its all his fault !

I just don't get it , maybe its me

For what it's worth I wish that I could be more reasoned in the immediate aftermath of a defeat or not let it get to me as much as it does. It just does though.

It doesn't mean I'm taking my eye off the bigger picture, just that I felt that performance wasn't what it should have been.
    well I think we agree with that but a lot of the comments were basically hanging the team out to dry , its self defeating and when its done at the ground the effect it can have on the players is enormous

Steve mcphail told me that for his first few seasons he was always wanting to get rid of the ball because he could hear the abuse around the ground

Players get analysed for their performances time and again. I don't think it is just a Cardiff City thing.
    As you've said there are worse than us as a fan base and there are better in terms of not giving it to their own players.

I'm not sure what you think will happen after a performance like that though.
    No posts or posts saying 'we lost but that's ok, at least we finished fifth' immediately after the game is wishful thinking.