+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “Kicked in the nuts” Cardiff second in all departments in yet another home Play Off’s no show.

“Kicked in the nuts” Cardiff second in all departments in yet another home Play Off’s no show.

Re: “Kicked in the nuts” Cardiff second in all departments in yet another home Play Off’s no show.

Excellent read as always. I think our only hope is that Fulham think the job is done.

As for your question about us having the worst home record in playoff history https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...y-grim-reading

Re: “Kicked in the nuts” Cardiff second in all departments in yet another home Play Off’s no show.

The reason Fulham won the game is simply that they were a better team. I could hardly believe my eyes during that first 15 - 20 minutes when City were passing the ball about at speed and with accuracy. What a difference if those 2 attempts had gone in! After that Fulham came to life and it was like a replay of the game on the 10th July, with only one outcome.

Great read Bob. Our stats in playoff are worse than I thought. Apparently there's a queue of 16 professional (sic) football player outside TUI this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We failed to go up under Dave Jones, with a succession of very good footballing sides assembled in part because of his contacts/reputation. It needed a touch of steel, determination, and slightly less able footballers who could nevertheless play to a style and system which would succeed. Welcome Malky Mackay. Warnock inherited that mantle placing an even stronger emphasis on direct, effective football employing 'cogs ' to fit in the machine as opposed to bringing in players who would be an asset in any side. Of course we strengthened the PL side with some capable players but they've pretty much all left. To add to the club's woes it was obvious that Warnock wasn't really energised for another pop at promotion and his summer transfer dealings were sloppy - even 'lazy'.
    When Harris says Glatzel is one of the best strikers he's worked with, is he being serious ? I sincerely hope not, because we need a manager who is going to ruthless, cut this squad right down to it's bare bones, and re-build with decent, capable footballers..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We failed to go up under Dave Jones, with a succession of very good footballing sides assembled in part because of his contacts/reputation. It needed a touch of steel, determination, and slightly less able footballers who could nevertheless play to a style and system which would succeed. Welcome Malky Mackay. Warnock inherited that mantle placing an even stronger emphasis on direct, effective football employing 'cogs ' to fit in the machine as opposed to bringing in players who would be an asset in any side. Of course we strengthened the PL side with some capable players but they've pretty much all left. To add to the club's woes it was obvious that Warnock wasn't really energised for another pop at promotion and his summer transfer dealings were sloppy - even 'lazy'.
    When Harris says Glatzel is one of the best strikers he's worked with, is he being serious ? I sincerely hope not, because we need a manager who is going to ruthless, cut this squad right down to it's bare bones, and re-build with decent, capable footballers..
    I can only imagine Harris's comments about Glatzel have been designed to give him some confidence and firing on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Excellent read as always. I think our only hope is that Fulham think the job is done.

As for your question about us having the worst home record in playoff history https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...y-grim-reading
    Hope you don't mind Eric, but I've added your analysis of our home record to my piece on last nights' game as a way of showing just how awful we are. By contrast, our away record of two wins, two draws and two losses is a good one.

That was a great read, tinged with a little bit of Anger me thinks, Bob-great stuff!

Looking at the record of play off defeats at home. It can't be down to bottle as the players and management change completely, the only thing that doesn't change are the fans-Now that's a worry In my opinion, we do so badly because we don't have a definitive style or philosophy, i short a long term plan. We bungle along without really knowing what our style of play is and what we are aiming for, in theory, we just go from job to job hoping to get it done on time and for payment to be received, spend the cash then onto the next job, hoping for the same outcome as the last. It's no way to carry on. I bet that teams with a direction do better in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That was a great read, tinged with a little bit of Anger me thinks, Bob-great stuff!

Looking at the record of play off defeats at home. It can't be down to bottle as the players and management change completely, the only thing that doesn't change are the fans-Now that's a worry In my opinion, we do so badly because we don't have a definitive style or philosophy, i short a long term plan. We bungle along without really knowing what our style of play is and what we are aiming for, in theory, we just go from job to job hoping to get it done on time and for payment to be received, spend the cash then onto the next job, hoping for the same outcome as the last. It's no way to carry on. I bet that teams with a direction do better in the play offs.
    Thanks Tuerto, I think exasperation more than anger - I said I had no great sense of expectation, but that's not true because I definitely expected us to do better than we did.

I agree with you about how we just muddle along - given we are supposed to have such intimidating supporters, our home record is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hope you don't mind Eric, but I've added your analysis of our home record to my piece on last nights' game as a way of showing just how awful we are. By contrast, our away record of two wins, two draws and two losses is a good one.
    No problems at all. Just leave a brown envelope stuffed with used banknotes to cover royalties at the usual spot