+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else feel sorry for plastics?

Re: Does anybody else feel sorry for plastics?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    But if they were just glory hunters they would have picked Liverpool, or changed allegiances. I dont class them as plastics anyway, they spend a lot of time and money travelling back and forth to London and away games.
    well thats their choice , they could have supported merthyr or cardiff or the jacks , its no badge of honour for people from South Wales to spend money on a football team 150 miles away , think of the money they could saved with a quick trip down the A470

I don't care how much time and money they spend , they are plastics , its like paying for your favourite bar of chocolate instead of accepting what u are given

I don't feel sorry for them I just don't give the bell ends the time of day.
    It's the introductory - I'm a Liverpool /Manu fan that gets me.
    Oh whys that then?

I have a mate who's a West Ham fan because they won the cup in 1975 and somehow the mystique felt at that age has never left him, even when they're rubbish. Maybe even amongst glory hunters there's a code where you don't change your team. And then it becomes like a cult where you've given so much time to following them that you can't back out now, although that could be said of any fan.

Football is how it is today because of the plastics so I usually think to hell with them but it's not much point getting irate, they won and the old structures aren't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well thats their choice , they could have supported merthyr or cardiff or the jacks , its no badge of honour for people from South Wales to spend money on a football team 150 miles away , think of the money they could saved with a quick trip down the A470

I don't care how much time and money they spend , they are plastics , its like paying for your favourite bar of chocolate instead of accepting what u are given
    Well in that case you should be support ing the Jacks if you have to support the football team geographically closest to you.

where you from ?

South wales mate

Bet you like your rugby !

Too right mate , especially when we beat the English lol

Must be great being such a small country yet having such a passion for sport?

Aye butt , love all welsh sport , would support Wales if they were playing tiddlywinks but

Where do you live ?

Pontypridd mate , about 12 miles from Cardiff

I suppose being a Welsh man you are not really into soccer , as you call it ?

Oh gosh no , I love football , can't get enough of it !

So being so close to cardiff and being a big football fan I bet you could tell me a bit about The Bluebirds ?

No mate, I have never been to see them , despite them being on my doorstep and them being my local team team

So you say you are a big football fan but you don't support your local team ?

Aye

Who is it you support ?

Man United butt , from boy to man !

Have you ever been to old Trafford?

Well one season one of the boys from the office had a few complimentaries going round so I managed 4 trips that season !

When was that ?

Do you realise that a lot of people who love their local team regard people like you as complete and utter tosspots ?

Well I do read the cardiff result on Sunday in the paper if that counts ?

No it doesn't, now sod off

where you from ?

South wales mate

Bet you like your rugby !

Too right mate , especially when we beat the English lol

Must be great being such a small country yet having such a passion for sport?

Aye butt , love all welsh sport , would support Wales if they were playing tiddlywinks but

Where do you live ?

Pontypridd mate , about 12 miles from Cardiff

I suppose being a Welsh man you are not really into soccer , as you call it ?

Oh gosh no , I love football , can't get enough of it !

So being so close to cardiff and being a big football fan I bet you could tell me a bit about The Bluebirds ?

No mate, I have never been to see them , despite them being on my doorstep and them being my local team team

So you say you are a big football fan but you don't support your local team ?

Aye

Who is it you support ?

Man United butt , from boy to man !

Have you ever been to old Trafford?

Well one season one of the boys from the office had a few complimentaries going round so I managed 4 trips that season !

When was that ?

Do you realise that a lot of people who love their local team regard people like you as complete and utter tosspots ?

Well I do read the cardiff result on Sunday in the paper if that counts ?

No it doesn't, now sod off
    this is pretty spot on to be fair

Well in that case you should be support ing the Jacks if you have to support the football team geographically closest to you.
    well I think the people of West Glamorgan who in large numbers , especially in port talbot , have supported cardiff are simply not comparable to people ignoring swansea , cardiff etc to go to Manchester, Liverpool and North London

I know neath , port talbot , porthcawl and bridgend have always had a following for both clubs but if we are to use your analysis merthyr should have a spurs , United, Chelsea, Liverpool and arsenal traditional following ?

Unlike the generations of families in West Glamorgan who support cardiff , there is not a history of the town of merthyr providing generations of spurs fans , apart from one or two of your mates . I dont like the jacks but at least a few merthyr folk are supporting a Welsh side , even if it isn't the one I would like them to follow . Your mates are just hobby football fans , I would rather chat to loyal jacks .

well I think the people of West Glamorgan who in large numbers , especially in port talbot , have supported cardiff are simply not comparable to people ignoring swansea , cardiff etc to go to Manchester, Liverpool and North London

I know neath , port talbot , porthcawl and bridgend have always had a following for both clubs but if we are to use your analysis merthyr should have a spurs , United, Chelsea, Liverpool and arsenal traditional following ?

Unlike the generations of families in West Glamorgan who support cardiff , there is not a history of the town of merthyr providing generations of spurs fans , apart from one or two of your mates . I dont like the jacks but at least a few merthyr folk are supporting a Welsh side , even if it isn't the one I would like them to follow . Your mates are just hobby football fans , I would rather chat to loyal jacks .
    Why isn’t it comparable? Because you look like a hypocrite? Ok for you to support a club 40 miles away instead of a club 8 miles away but not ok for them to support one that’s 180 miles away instead of one that’s 25/30 miles away?

The lads from Anglesey who support Cardiff home and away. Are they plastics too?

There are generations of Liverpool And Man U fans in the valleys the same as there are generations of Cardiff fans from Swansea strongholds because at some point people from those areas choose to go and watch Cardiff City rather than Swansea Town because Cardiff City were more successful.

My analysis is people can support whoever they want, Spurs, Liverpool, Cardiff, Swansea, Merthyr, Bangor Regardless of where they live.

Why isn’t it comparable? Because you look like a hypocrite? Ok for you to support a club 40 miles away instead of a club 8 miles away but not ok for them to support one that’s 180 miles away instead of one that’s 25/30 miles away?

The lads from Anglesey who support Cardiff home and away. Are they plastics too?

There are generations of Liverpool And Man U fans in the valleys the same as there are generations of Cardiff fans from Swansea strongholds because at some point people from those areas choose to go and watch Cardiff City rather than Swansea Town because Cardiff City were more successful.
    no , because its an utterly ridiculous comparison

Pencoed is very close to cardiff yet has a sizeable jack following , would prefer them to be cardiff and travelling 20 minutes to see us they are travelling 35 minutes the other way to watch swansea

At least its a welsh team

The generations of cardiff fans in the valleys are true football supporters , supporting their local team , the cardiff fans in port talbot are true fans as they have stuck by cardiff despite swansea going up under toshack and also recently spending 7 years in the top flight .

The liverpool and United fans in the valleys and your boys who ignore cardiff , merthyr and swansea to hang onto the coat tails of spurs or Chelsea or whatever are not just taking a wrong turn or adding twenty minutes onto their day to watch football , they are glory seeking glamour seeking plastics

I don't know if they run a taxi or a minibus but I am not interested . I am sure they will be devastated .

no , because its an utterly ridiculous comparison

Pencoed is very close to cardiff yet has a sizeable jack following , would prefer them to be cardiff and travelling 20 minutes to see us they are travelling 35 minutes the other way to watch swansea

At least its a welsh team

The generations of cardiff fans in the valleys are true football supporters , supporting their local team , the cardiff fans in port talbot are true fans as they have stuck by cardiff despite swansea going up under toshack and also recently spending 7 years in the top flight .

The liverpool and United fans in the valleys and your boys who ignore cardiff , merthyr and swansea to hang onto the coat tails of spurs or Chelsea or whatever are not just taking a wrong turn or adding twenty minutes onto their day to watch football , they are glory seeking glamour seeking plastics

I don't know if they run a taxi or a minibus but I am not interested . I am sure they will be devastated .
    Pencoed is not comparable to Neath ffs. Geographicalky it’s slightly nearer to Cardiff. Neath is right on Swansea’s doorstep, so by your “support your local team” logic you should be a Jack.

Try Barry. Do Barry have a sizeable Jack support? No, no they don’t.

There's nothing wrong with supporting who you like. If you support Liverpool and live in Cardiff then good luck to you and congratulations for winning the league playing some amazing football.

I don't feel sorry for them , I just dont get why they support them and not go to our games as well.

Football is football and in a sense ours is a more competitive league, folk are strange with this stuff , I never got the folk who stopped supporting the City because they change their shirt colours, you either a fan or not .

Pencoed is not comparable to Neath ffs. Geographicalky it’s slightly nearer to Cardiff. Neath is right on Swansea’s doorstep, so by your “support your local team” logic you should be a Jack.

Try Barry. Do Barry have a sizeable Jack support? No, no they don’t.
    Barry is about a twenty minute drive from Cardiff

Pencoed is straight on the M4 and you are at the cardiff city stadium in no time

How long does it take these fake yid army mates of yours to get to North London?

Half an hour ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    There's nothing wrong with supporting who you like. If you support Liverpool and live in Cardiff then good luck to you and congratulations for winning the league playing some amazing football.
    Well many people think its pathetic , a football club on your doorstep and some arse in grangetown , a mile from the ground supports Liverpool?

These people are idiots

And the more people who support who they like as you say , the more will be attracted to liverpool , united , arsenal etc

Leaving the rest of the game in the shit

There will always be a pecking order but since the inception of the Premier league its got worse and worse

If people start supporting cardiff city thats great , if I am in a pub and a load of taffs are talking scouse this and manc that I have to get the feck out of their , I can't be speaking to plastic idiots , I would rather talk to a torquay united fan

Man United Supporters Club , Pontypridd Branch .......get the feck out of here

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't feel sorry for them , I just dont get why they support them and not go to our games as well.

Football is football and in a sense ours is a more competitive league, folk are strange with this stuff , I never got the folk who stopped supporting the City because they change their shirt colours, you either a fan or not .
    I fully understand those that protested about the shirt change . Not supporting the club during that period was an individual decision as far as I am concerned .

Pencoed is straight on the M4 and you are at the cardiff city stadium in no time

How long does it take these fake yid army mates of yours to get to North London?

Half an hour ?
    15 minutes from Barry to Sloper Road.

Is is just a coincidence that all these English clubs people from South Wales support are more successsful than Cardiff?

Half an hour ?
    Less time than it takes the lads from North Wales to get to Cardiff. Are they fake plastics too?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    15 minutes from Barry to Sloper Road.
    So about the same as Neath to Swansea.

Less time than it takes the lads from North Wales to get to Cardiff. Are they fake plastics too?
    Not at all , North Wales has always had a cardiff following , they are supporting the capital city side of their country , they are there for Wales games , home and away

I assume your spurs mates follow England?

It would make perfect sense

I couldn't chat football with people like that , they are not proper football fans for christs sake

Some bloke in merthyr who follows the martyrs and watches cardiff or swansea ? Proper football fan

Some bloke in merthyr who walks round the shops in a Doncaster rovers top because his father was born there ? Football fan

The local clowns who walk around in Liverpool, United, Leeds, spurs , arsenal and Chelsea tops ?

Well I am sorry but these people are on a different planet , it would be like talking to a robot

To be fair to merthyr its no different to most of south wales

Not at all , North Wales has always had a cardiff following , they are supporting the capital city side of their country , they are there for Wales games , home and away

I assume your spurs mates follow England?

It would make perfect sense

I couldn't chat football with people like that , they are not proper football fans for christs sake

Some bloke in merthyr who follows the martyrs and watches cardiff or swansea ? Proper football fan

Some bloke in merthyr who walks round the shops in a Doncaster rovers top because his father was born there ? Football fan

The local clowns who walk around in Liverpool, United, Leeds, spurs , arsenal and Chelsea tops ?

Well I am sorry but these people are on a different planet , it would be like talking to a robot

To be fair to merthyr its no different to most of south wales
    Why would they follow England they are Welsh?!?! We are talking about club football.

Do the lads in North Wales not have a closer Welsh club to support then? By your logic people from Newcastle, Doncaster, Carlisle should support a London club as London is England’s capital.

Why would they follow England they are Welsh?!?! We are talking about club football.

Do the lads in North Wales not have a closer Welsh club to support then? By your logic people from Newcastle, Doncaster, Carlisle should support a London club as London is England’s capital.
    Not in my book , they are plastic football fans and they are plastic welsh

Leighton James used that argument when I took the piss out of Jonathan Davies being a man united fan and David Bishop being a Leeds fan

Both from Wales, supporting English football teams

Plastic welsh , may as well support the English national side like your plastic welsh mates

I don't have anything to do with people like that , I hang around with people I have things in common with

What on earth would I talk to a person from the same town as me who doesn't support cardiff despite saying they love football , are proud to be welsh yet follow an English football team 150 miles away whose idea of sticking through the bad times with 5heir fake adopted team is them not winning a major trophy for a few years

Naaa, I don't feel sorry for plastics like that , I have nothing but contempt for them

My mates old man was a birmingham city fan as a kid , moved down to South Wales in his twenties for work . Took his sons to watch cardiff and the whole family now have season tickets . His heart is with birmingham city but he watches cardiff and his sons are fanatical bluebirds

If an English born brummie can get an interest in his local side then why not your spurs mates , who I assume are merthyr boys ?

I mean hereford , the martyrs , cardiff , the jacks etc but spurs , united , Liverpool?

Feck em , complete embarrassment the lot of em

Not in my book , they are plastic football fans and they are plastic welsh

Leighton James used that argument when I took the piss out of Jonathan Davies being a man united fan and David Bishop being a Leeds fan

Both from Wales, supporting English football teams

Plastic welsh , may as well support the English national side like your plastic welsh mates

I don't have anything to do with people like that , I hang around with people I have things in common with

What on earth would I talk to a person from the same town as me who doesn't support cardiff despite saying they love football , are proud to be welsh yet follow an English football team 150 miles away whose idea of sticking through the bad times with 5heir fake adopted team is them not winning a major trophy for a few years

Naaa, I don't feel sorry for plastics like that , I have nothing but contempt for them

My mates old man was a birmingham city fan as a kid , moved down to South Wales in his twenties for work . Took his sons to watch cardiff and the whole family now have season tickets . His heart is with birmingham city but he watches cardiff and his sons are fanatical bluebirds

If an English born brummie can get an interest in his local side then why not your spurs mates , who I assume are merthyr boys ?

I mean hereford , the martyrs , cardiff , the jacks etc but spurs , united , Liverpool?

Feck em , complete embarrassment the lot of em
    By this logic you must support Jacks in every game they play except for when they play us.

People can support who they like, they dont need your seal of approval.

By this logic you must support Jacks in every game they play except for when they play us.

Course they can but I still think they are arseholes , which was what the original thread was about

Bollocks to plastic football fans like the merthyr reds which could of course mean united , Liverpool except the merthyr branch of the Walsall fc supporters club because that lot are proper fans and would be exiles from the west Midlands

The rest , arseholes

This is absolutely true, the ones that do get on my tits though are the ones who when Wales are playing England in the Six Nations fill my Facebook timeline with shit about chariots and embarrassing memes with dragons burning Twickenham, and "as long as we beat the English" stuff then the rest of the year it's "come on Utd let's beat these Scousers, us Mancs will have em"