If that's the correct phrase to use. We were well beaten last night in almost every department, the only position we could safely say where we match Fulham is goalkeeper. They were fitter, quicker and stronger, moved the ball without having to look up or take that extra touch, everything was done at pace, even anticipating second balls, They even bullied us at times, a trait that I've never associated with Fulham, they've certainly lost their soft underbelly.

What makes it easier for me isn't just last night's game, but also the game at craven cottage a couple of weeks previous where events turned out very similar, a bit like a boxer taking the rematch after a resounding loss with time to adjust, change tactics etc only to come up short again in the second bout, there's no disputing who the better fighter is.

Since watching City at championship level (At home) there aren't many teams who have beaten us well, no arguments, I recall reading and Wigan outclassing us, there have probably been others.The acceptance comes from the fact that after 20 minutes of putting it on them, in a punchers chance kind of way, we were out of the game. Fulham's pace on the ball absolutely destroyed us and in turn exhausted our midfield and back four. The only thing I will say about Fulham that would concern me if I supported them is that they don't really get behind teams, everything is done in front of the opposition with a tight midfield and defenders that step in to add that extra body whether defending or attacking. They're the best team I've seen down here this season.