Thread: Neil Warnock to stay at Boro next season

Neil Warnock to stay at Boro next season

Also said that Sharon loved Cardiff and the fans

Re: Neil Warnock to stay at Boro next season

Pray for Boro

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Pray for Boro
    My kind of people-One last Crack at it-It's a super club.

Good choice for them.

Now do they want Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Also said that Sharon loved Cardiff and the fans
    No doubt Middlesbrough fans will get the Warnock PR bombardment and Teesside will become the new Garden of Eden

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    No doubt Middlesbrough fans will get the Warnock PR bombardment and Teesside will become the new Garden of Eden
    He won us the most unlikely of promotions and was within a couple of points of keeping us there. He doesn't deserve some of the condescending put downs on here lately..

WELL SAID

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He won us the most unlikely of promotions and was within a couple of points of keeping us there. He doesn't deserve some of the condescending put downs on here lately..
    The trouble is that his last 6 months in charge were pretty awful and undid almost all the good work of the preceding 2.5 years.

"I've really enjoyed myself since I've come up here," Warnock told the club website. "The people in the area have made me and my family really welcome."

He hasn't been socially distancing then.....

An unlikely promotion followed by 9 months of him waxing lyrical about the opposition every week and then taking us full circle back to where wed started under him - struggling in the championship playing the sort of football that could make an onion cry.

3 years of the Neil Warnock show is enough for any club to put up with. He should have bowed out gracefully after the Man U victory. His ego wouldnt allow it and hes spent what would have been a decent budget for next manager on over the hill dross like Pack and Flint.

Hang on. I thought that this season was definitely going to be his last as a manager?!

I wonder how many players represented by Unique Sports Management that Middlesbrough will sign in this transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The trouble is that his last 6 months in charge were pretty awful and undid almost all the good work of the preceding 2.5 years.
    Agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Hang on. I thought that this season was definitely going to be his last as a manager?!
    You're thinking of 2014. That was definitely the end!

An unlikely promotion followed by 9 months of him waxing lyrical about the opposition every week and then taking us full circle back to where wed started under him - struggling in the championship playing the sort of football that could make an onion cry.

3 years of the Neil Warnock show is enough for any club to put up with. He should have bowed out gracefully after the Man U victory. His ego wouldnt allow it and hes spent what would have been a decent budget for next manager on over the hill dross like Pack and Flint.
    You know what he used to do? Give the ball back to the opposition in the hope that they make a mistake and give it back to us in an attacking area-He didn;t want the ball-What kind of shithousery is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You know what he used to do? Give the ball back to the opposition in the hope that they make a mistake and give it back to us in an attacking area-He didn;t want the ball-What kind of shithousery is that.
    Its why hes never done anything at PL level. Players are less likely to make mistakes, give the ball back to you for long periods.

I’d have said that my post was more cynical than condescending

Its why hes never done anything at PL level. Players are less likely to make mistakes, give the ball back to you for long periods.
    Exactly, the style of football City have favoured for much of the last decade, as well as for a lot of the time before that may have been pretty effective in the old First Division and in the early years of the Premier League, but became a lot less so as the influence of foreign coaches and players grew.

I think Neil Warnock does have a connection with fans. I experienced it myself for a few minutes when he talked to a group of supporters I was with at an under 23 match - he was perfectly natural with us then, but I think there is a "PR bombardment" which comes with having him as manager these days and, for me at least, it became boring and very easy to spot after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Good choice for them.

Now do they want Pack
    And Flint. And Glatzel. And Bamba. And Paterson. 25% off.

...hear hear..fickle isn't
    the word