+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

Re: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

I see the Sky Fulham love in is in full flow again tonight !

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I see the Sky Fulham love in is in full flow again tonight !
    I thought Parker was ok in his post match interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I look forward to the interest it will accumulate .
    Instead of two west london teams in the final,it could be two welsh teams.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the referee deciding it was a free kick might be the better way of describing a dodgy decision.
    I was being diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Utter bollocks, how can you attempt snide criticism after tonight’s game?
    Hes a Jack. Probably Roathie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    To be honest i perfer the championship.
    Ditto
    "The journey is better tha the destination"

Deserved to at least take it to extra time.

We'll be alright if we play like that next season

I would have loved to have seen Smithies in a penalty shoot out. He’s some ‘keeper.
    He’s been top-notch.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Deserved to at least take it to extra time.

We'll be alright if we play like that next season
    Feeling upbeat already.

From the Fulham forum: "Horrible player. Dirty horrible team with a horrible manager. They've been that way for years now. Only got one player who can play football and he's too fat to play more than 40 minutes. They've several other players that I struggle to believe are professional sportsmen. Commentary team should have been calling out how dirty and poor they were all night but they have to pander the lingering element of UK society that just wants to see talentless meatheads "getting stuck in". We're somewhat insulated from that in London but every now and then someone like Higginbottom pops up on the tele and reminds you it's there."

Its nice to be shithouses again, we were too nice in the Premier League

From the Fulham forum: "Horrible player. Dirty horrible team with a horrible manager. They've been that way for years now. Only got one player who can play football and he's too fat to play more than 40 minutes. They've several other players that I struggle to believe are professional sportsmen. Commentary team should have been calling out how dirty and poor they were all night but they have to pander the lingering element of UK society that just wants to see talentless meatheads "getting stuck in". We're somewhat insulated from that in London but every now and then someone like Higginbottom pops up on the tele and reminds you it's there."

Its nice to be shithouses again, we were too nice in the Premier League
    Was it about us?

Although I wouldn't have put it like Mr Dandruff has, I think he has a point. We have something about us but not enough (yet). First half I was bored which is partly why the second half was such a revelation (and great to see).

A few people saying they prefer the championship - in a way that means we'd fall short every year which is not something I'd like to see cos I think we're bigger and potentially better than that and if we do go up again I would want us to avoid relegation and play some decent football while we're at it, which means progressing a fair bit further from where we are. So, really encouraging in parts tonight but also work to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    He’s been top-notch.
    He has. I wonder if we’ll look to sell Etheridge in the window as a result?

Absolutely
    (I hate that phrase)😀

Re: FULHAM v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Why oh why didn’t Tomlin start? 🤷*♂️
    This may be a wild guess, but I reckon it's because he's nowhere near fit.

I was going to say any idiot could see that from his second half performance in the first leg, but evidently that's not the case.

Utter bollocks, how can you attempt snide criticism after tonight’s game?
    If you think that effort alone is going to get us anywhere then just look at the teams in the final.

They tried every bit as hard as we did, but also tried to play pass and move football, and that is the difference here.

I commend the effort but that is sadly not enough to get promoted. As has been brutally highlighted.

There is absolutely no shame in admitting that for whatever reason ‘effort’ in this case wasn’t enough. We didn’t have the footballing nous to win the tie and they did.

He has. I wonder if we’ll look to sell Etheridge in the window as a result?
    I doubt that there will be many teams willing to pay a transfer fee for him with less than 12 months left of his contract. The time to cash in was last summer when his stock was high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Although I wouldn't have put it like Mr Dandruff has, I think he has a point. We have something about us but not enough (yet). First half I was bored which is partly why the second half was such a revelation (and great to see).

A few people saying they prefer the championship - in a way that means we'd fall short every year which is not something I'd like to see cos I think we're bigger and potentially better than that and if we do go up again I would want us to avoid relegation and play some decent football while we're at it, which means progressing a fair bit further from where we are. So, really encouraging in parts tonight but also work to be done.
    Thinly veiled praise is the worst of all compliments you 2 faced barsteward 😖

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I doubt that there will be many teams willing to pay a transfer fee for him with less than 12 months left of his contract. The time to cash in was last summer when his stock was high.
    We'd get something for him, he's a good goalkeeper

The ones I'd be worried about being able to move on are Pack and Flint

If you think that effort alone is going to get us anywhere then just look at the teams in the final.

They tried every bit as hard as we did, but also tried to play pass and move football, and that is the difference here.

I commend the effort but that is sadly not enough to get promoted. As has been brutally highlighted.

There is absolutely no shame in admitting that for whatever reason ‘effort’ in this case wasn’t enough. We didn’t have the footballing nous to win the tie and they did.
    We game them all they could handle.

Fulham looked fecked at the end.

Whereas Brentford looked like theyd had a training match after the game v your boys last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We game them all they could handle.

Fulham looked fecked at the end.

Whereas Brentford looked like theyd had a training match after the game v your boys last night.
    Rosenior summed it up pretty well, there was only one winner had it gone to extra time and they weren't in white shirts

Fulham were rattled and knew they got away with it, you could tell by their reaction at the end

Boring wanker. Where are you when we actually win games? I remember you throwing a hissy fit after we lost to Fulham in the league then you vanished after we won the next few games

Rosenior summed it up pretty well, there was only one winner had it gone to extra time and they weren't in white shirts

Fulham were rattled and knew they got away with it, you could tell by their reaction at the end
    I've enjoyed Rosenior's and McAnuff's questions and verdicts, pre and post match.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Thinly veiled praise is the worst of all compliments you 2 faced barsteward ��
    Wind your neck in, dipshit. How the **** is that two-faced?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    You are right of course.

But at that time Smithies hadn’t really established himself as such a good keeper here had he? I don’t think anyway.

So the stars weren’t perfectly aligned. Still, a nice ‘problem’ to have I suppose. 👍