+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

Re: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

You seem to track my movements on here quite closely ;-)

We are just talking about football.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We'd get something for him, he's a good goalkeeper

The ones I'd be worried about being able to move on are Pack and Flint
    His distribution is poor. I doubt that he would be first choice for any Championship team realistically aiming for promotion next season. Perhaps Warnock will want him at Middlesbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Although I wouldn't have put it like Mr Dandruff has, I think he has a point. We have something about us but not enough (yet). First half I was bored which is partly why the second half was such a revelation (and great to see).

A few people saying they prefer the championship - in a way that means we'd fall short every year which is not something I'd like to see cos I think we're bigger and potentially better than that and if we do go up again I would want us to avoid relegation and play some decent football while we're at it, which means progressing a fair bit further from where we are. So, really encouraging in parts tonight but also work to be done.
    I agree with nearly all of that. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    His distribution is poor. I doubt that he would be first choice for any Championship team realistically aiming for promotion next season. Perhaps Warnock will want him at Middlesbrough.
    And he can take Flint with him!

(And Pack and Whyte)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    You are right of course.

But at that time Smithies hadn’t really established himself as such a good keeper here had he? I don’t think anyway.

So the stars weren’t perfectly aligned. Still, a nice ‘problem’ to have I suppose. 👍
    We paid £4m for Smithies and made him the highest paid (non-loan) player at the club. It was a bit of an odd thing to do if we didn't think that he is a good keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Great effort second half, sadly it just shows how wrong the starting 11 was, in the end that cost us.
    Dont you think that Harris knew that he couldn't get a full game out of Tomlin, so he planned to bring him and NML on at half time, i think he got the tactic spot on, it very nearly worked.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Dont you think that Harris knew that he couldn't get a full game out of Tomlin, so he planned to bring him and NML on at half time, i think he got the tactic spot on, it very nearly worked.
    Absolutely. Had Tomlin stayed on I reckon we'd have got another goal. Then he'd have been fit enough for extra time.

How come nobody can have an opinion on here without being subjected to abuse from an opposing point of view. It's a messageboard ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. Had Tomlin stayed on I reckon we'd have got another goal. Then he'd have been fit enough for extra time.
    Bennett's piss poor pass

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    To be honest i perfer the championship.
    I agree, if only
    the coverage was as good as the prem around the world.
    Anyway pride restored, well done city!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    How come nobody can have an opinion on here without being subjected to abuse from an opposing point of view. It's a messageboard ffs
    **** off arsehole

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We were all over them in the second half until the drinks break, but we didn't create many chances after that, even when Tomlin was still on the pitch, did we?

We were all over them in the second half until the drinks break, but we didn't create many chances after that, even when Tomlin was still on the pitch, did we?
    Glatzel chance last minute.

Vaulks shot well saved.

Are you suggesting we should have created more chances after Tomlin went off?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Pack is my issue, as I've said elsewhere we have been playing well with a pressing midfield with lots of energy until Harris decided Pack was his new little pet.
    Pack goes off at HT and we instantly starting winning the ball more in midfield and pressing like we had so often after lock down.
    Pack is shot, gone! Hopefully, a League One club will come in for him.

We paid £4m for Smithies and made him the highest paid (non-loan) player at the club. It was a bit of an odd thing to do if we didn't think that he is a good keeper.
    Were you at Gillingham for the FA Cup game?

Smithies was a known quantity when he arrived (ask any QPR fan). I don’t think that we paid £4m for him though.

He started slowly though (probably not his fault) and now we have 2 keepers capable of playing regularly in the 1st team which is a bit of a luxury when we clearly have issues outfield 🤷*♂️

Smithies was a known quantity when he arrived (ask any QPR fan). I don’t think that we paid £4m for him though.

He started slowly though (probably not his fault) and now we have 2 keepers capable of playing regularly in the 1st team which is a bit of a luxury when we clearly have issues outfield ��*♂️
    Sky comms noted that we have "the best 1&2 keepers in the division"
    That's not to say either of them are THE best keeper, but we have the best two when it comes to 1st choice and backup.

He started slowly though (probably not his fault) and now we have 2 keepers capable of playing regularly in the 1st team which is a bit of a luxury when we clearly have issues outfield ��*♂️
    But we need two keepers of that quality, it's a 46+ game season. If Smithies gets injured who would we turn to? Day had a mare at Wigan. The goalkeeping area is one where we are strong, why weaken it?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We'd get something for him, he's a good goalkeeper

The ones I'd be worried about being able to move on are Pack and Flint
    I think your sentence is an un-intended double entendre - quite good though.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    If that's the case bring in Sanderson and move Bacuna to midfield ahead of pack. It's obvious we needed the energy in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Was it about us?
    I think written with a touch of irony..

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    But we need two keepers of that quality, it's a 46+ game season. If Smithies gets injured who would we turn to? Day had a mare at Wigan. The goalkeeping area is one where we are strong, why weaken it?

Maybe to strengthen elsewhere?

It is just a thought, but with resources being tight it is the manager's job to allocate the available resources to maximum effect - is having 2 first team keepers sensible when other parts of the team need addressing?

(don't get me wrong - it would be GREAT to have two first team players available for every position, as we do for the gk postion, as Chelsea did when Mourinho built his first squad! Can you imagine that?! )

It’s looks what swings it. According to Mick McCarthy, Watkins’ good looks dazzled the Jack defenders. He was too pretty for them. So, when I saw Patterson come on, I knew the game was lost.