+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

So so proud, really thought we’d go out in a whimper tonight, well done Neil Harris and the players. Im looking forward to the new season more than I have in a number of years

I would have loved to have seen Smithies in a penalty shoot out. He’s some ‘keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I would have loved to have seen Smithies in a penalty shoot out. He’s some ‘keeper.
    He has been quality to be fair, Etheridge also an excellent keeper at this level, be surprised if he hangs around on the bench.

He’s been top-notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    He’s been top-notch.
    He has. I wonder if we’ll look to sell Etheridge in the window as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He has. I wonder if we’ll look to sell Etheridge in the window as a result?
    I doubt that there will be many teams willing to pay a transfer fee for him with less than 12 months left of his contract. The time to cash in was last summer when his stock was high.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Good effort lads.
    Thank you kind sir.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Great effort second half, sadly it just shows how wrong the starting 11 was, in the end that cost us.
    Don't it was necessarily the wrong team.

It enable us to put Mendez Lang and Tomlin fresh for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Don't it was necessarily the wrong team.

It enable us to put Mendez Lang and Tomlin fresh for the second half.
    Pack is my issue, as I've said elsewhere we have been playing well with a pressing midfield with lots of energy until Harris decided Pack was his new little pet.
    Pack goes off at HT and we instantly starting winning the ball more in midfield and pressing like we had so often after lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Pack is my issue, as I've said elsewhere we have been playing well with a pressing midfield with lots of energy until Harris decided Pack was his new little pet.
    Pack goes off at HT and we instantly starting winning the ball more in midfield and pressing like we had so often after lock down.
    Pack is shot, gone! Hopefully, a League One club will come in for him.

Well done harris and players , bluebirds !

I see the Sky Fulham love in is in full flow again tonight !

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I see the Sky Fulham love in is in full flow again tonight !
    I thought Parker was ok in his post match interview.

Great physical effort 2nd half, we gave it a real go and with a bit of luck would have taken one of those chances created in the 2nd half, Fulham slumped to the pitch at the end, they knew they’d be in a game. Just so frustrating that performance in the first leg

Utter bollocks, how can you attempt snide criticism after tonight’s game?
    Hes a Jack. Probably Roathie.

Deserved to at least take it to extra time.

We'll be alright if we play like that next season

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Deserved to at least take it to extra time.

We'll be alright if we play like that next season
    Feeling upbeat already.

From the Fulham forum: "Horrible player. Dirty horrible team with a horrible manager. They've been that way for years now. Only got one player who can play football and he's too fat to play more than 40 minutes. They've several other players that I struggle to believe are professional sportsmen. Commentary team should have been calling out how dirty and poor they were all night but they have to pander the lingering element of UK society that just wants to see talentless meatheads "getting stuck in". We're somewhat insulated from that in London but every now and then someone like Higginbottom pops up on the tele and reminds you it's there."

Its nice to be shithouses again, we were too nice in the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    From the Fulham forum: "Horrible player. Dirty horrible team with a horrible manager. They've been that way for years now. Only got one player who can play football and he's too fat to play more than 40 minutes. They've several other players that I struggle to believe are professional sportsmen. Commentary team should have been calling out how dirty and poor they were all night but they have to pander the lingering element of UK society that just wants to see talentless meatheads "getting stuck in". We're somewhat insulated from that in London but every now and then someone like Higginbottom pops up on the tele and reminds you it's there."

Its nice to be shithouses again, we were too nice in the Premier League
    Was it about us?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Was it about us?
    I think written with a touch of irony..

Although I wouldn't have put it like Mr Dandruff has, I think he has a point. We have something about us but not enough (yet). First half I was bored which is partly why the second half was such a revelation (and great to see).

A few people saying they prefer the championship - in a way that means we'd fall short every year which is not something I'd like to see cos I think we're bigger and potentially better than that and if we do go up again I would want us to avoid relegation and play some decent football while we're at it, which means progressing a fair bit further from where we are. So, really encouraging in parts tonight but also work to be done.

Utter bollocks, how can you attempt snide criticism after tonight’s game?
    If you think that effort alone is going to get us anywhere then just look at the teams in the final.

They tried every bit as hard as we did, but also tried to play pass and move football, and that is the difference here.

I commend the effort but that is sadly not enough to get promoted. As has been brutally highlighted.

There is absolutely no shame in admitting that for whatever reason ‘effort’ in this case wasn’t enough. We didn’t have the footballing nous to win the tie and they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If you think that effort alone is going to get us anywhere then just look at the teams in the final.

They tried every bit as hard as we did, but also tried to play pass and move football, and that is the difference here.

I commend the effort but that is sadly not enough to get promoted. As has been brutally highlighted.

There is absolutely no shame in admitting that for whatever reason ‘effort’ in this case wasn’t enough. We didn’t have the footballing nous to win the tie and they did.
    Boring wanker. Where are you when we actually win games? I remember you throwing a hissy fit after we lost to Fulham in the league then you vanished after we won the next few games

You seem to track my movements on here quite closely ;-)

We are just talking about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Although I wouldn't have put it like Mr Dandruff has, I think he has a point. We have something about us but not enough (yet). First half I was bored which is partly why the second half was such a revelation (and great to see).

A few people saying they prefer the championship - in a way that means we'd fall short every year which is not something I'd like to see cos I think we're bigger and potentially better than that and if we do go up again I would want us to avoid relegation and play some decent football while we're at it, which means progressing a fair bit further from where we are. So, really encouraging in parts tonight but also work to be done.
    Thinly veiled praise is the worst of all compliments you 2 faced barsteward 😖