+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: FULHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. (Fulham win 3 - 2 on agg)

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Thinly veiled praise is the worst of all compliments you 2 faced barsteward ��
    Wind your neck in, dipshit. How the **** is that two-faced?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If you think that effort alone is going to get us anywhere then just look at the teams in the final.

They tried every bit as hard as we did, but also tried to play pass and move football, and that is the difference here.

I commend the effort but that is sadly not enough to get promoted. As has been brutally highlighted.

There is absolutely no shame in admitting that for whatever reason ‘effort’ in this case wasn’t enough. We didn’t have the footballing nous to win the tie and they did.
    We game them all they could handle.

Fulham looked fecked at the end.

Whereas Brentford looked like theyd had a training match after the game v your boys last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We game them all they could handle.

Fulham looked fecked at the end.

Whereas Brentford looked like theyd had a training match after the game v your boys last night.
    Rosenior summed it up pretty well, there was only one winner had it gone to extra time and they weren't in white shirts

Fulham were rattled and knew they got away with it, you could tell by their reaction at the end

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Rosenior summed it up pretty well, there was only one winner had it gone to extra time and they weren't in white shirts

Fulham were rattled and knew they got away with it, you could tell by their reaction at the end
    I've enjoyed Rosenior's and McAnuff's questions and verdicts, pre and post match.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Although I wouldn't have put it like Mr Dandruff has, I think he has a point. We have something about us but not enough (yet). First half I was bored which is partly why the second half was such a revelation (and great to see).

A few people saying they prefer the championship - in a way that means we'd fall short every year which is not something I'd like to see cos I think we're bigger and potentially better than that and if we do go up again I would want us to avoid relegation and play some decent football while we're at it, which means progressing a fair bit further from where we are. So, really encouraging in parts tonight but also work to be done.
    I agree with nearly all of that. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    His distribution is poor. I doubt that he would be first choice for any Championship team realistically aiming for promotion next season. Perhaps Warnock will want him at Middlesbrough.
    And he can take Flint with him!

(And Pack and Whyte)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. Had Tomlin stayed on I reckon we'd have got another goal. Then he'd have been fit enough for extra time.
    Bennett's piss poor pass

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    How come nobody can have an opinion on here without being subjected to abuse from an opposing point of view. It's a messageboard ffs
    **** off arsehole

We were all over them in the second half until the drinks break, but we didn't create many chances after that, even when Tomlin was still on the pitch, did we?
    Glatzel chance last minute.

Vaulks shot well saved.

We were all over them in the second half until the drinks break, but we didn't create many chances after that, even when Tomlin was still on the pitch, did we?
    Are you suggesting we should have created more chances after Tomlin went off?

We paid £4m for Smithies and made him the highest paid (non-loan) player at the club. It was a bit of an odd thing to do if we didn't think that he is a good keeper.
    Were you at Gillingham for the FA Cup game?

Smithies was a known quantity when he arrived (ask any QPR fan). I don’t think that we paid £4m for him though.

He started slowly though (probably not his fault) and now we have 2 keepers capable of playing regularly in the 1st team which is a bit of a luxury when we clearly have issues outfield 🤷*♂️

Smithies was a known quantity when he arrived (ask any QPR fan). I don’t think that we paid £4m for him though.

He started slowly though (probably not his fault) and now we have 2 keepers capable of playing regularly in the 1st team which is a bit of a luxury when we clearly have issues outfield ��*♂️
    Sky comms noted that we have "the best 1&2 keepers in the division"
    That's not to say either of them are THE best keeper, but we have the best two when it comes to 1st choice and backup.

He started slowly though (probably not his fault) and now we have 2 keepers capable of playing regularly in the 1st team which is a bit of a luxury when we clearly have issues outfield ��*♂️
    But we need two keepers of that quality, it's a 46+ game season. If Smithies gets injured who would we turn to? Day had a mare at Wigan. The goalkeeping area is one where we are strong, why weaken it?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    But we need two keepers of that quality, it's a 46+ game season. If Smithies gets injured who would we turn to? Day had a mare at Wigan. The goalkeeping area is one where we are strong, why weaken it?

Maybe to strengthen elsewhere?

It is just a thought, but with resources being tight it is the manager's job to allocate the available resources to maximum effect - is having 2 first team keepers sensible when other parts of the team need addressing?

(don't get me wrong - it would be GREAT to have two first team players available for every position, as we do for the gk postion, as Chelsea did when Mourinho built his first squad! Can you imagine that?! )

It’s looks what swings it. According to Mick McCarthy, Watkins’ good looks dazzled the Jack defenders. He was too pretty for them. So, when I saw Patterson come on, I knew the game was lost.