Anthony Gerrard..

For those who may be interested...

Re: Anthony Gerrard..

Has he been to magaluf with the lads?

Loved Gerrard

Great centre back partnership with Darcy Blake

It's a decent listen when he starts talking about his time here (around an hour in).

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Has he been to magaluf with the lads?
    I think he had problems with alopecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    It's a decent listen when he starts talking about his time here (around an hour in).
    Yup, from 1hr 8mins in is the cardiff stuff, very interesting, although not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I think he had problems with alopecia.
    Wasn't just him. I think he had problems with quite a few centre forwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, from 1hr 8mins in is the cardiff stuff, very interesting, although not surprising.
    Madness that DJ couldn't take that side up, though he and Parkin confirm what we've known for years regarding the dressing room.

Madness that DJ couldn't take that side up, though he and Parkin confirm what we've known for years regarding the dressing room.
    Yup, and the boozing. There's a second part that probably includes his time under Malky and the penalty miss...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Loved Gerrard

He mentions that partnership, he rated Blake.

Loved Gerrard

They started 5 games together as a centreback partnership. He partnered Gabor Gyepes more often. First time was the 2-1 win over the Jacks. He got a bump on the head against Sheffield Wednesday, Mark Hudson came on as sub and kept his place. Blake was mainly used as a right back though was dependable enough in midfield as well. Wasn't there someone on here who kept touting Blake as a holding midfielder?

He mentions that partnership, he rated Blake.
    West Bromley away , he ran our midfield

I never thought he would make even an emergency centre back given his size but he fell into the role and he and Gerrard deservedly kept the shirts

Sadly the booze and lifestyle got to him

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They started 5 games together as a centreback partnership. He partnered Gabor Gyepes more often. First time was the 2-1 win over the Jacks. He got a bump on the head against Sheffield Wednesday, Mark Hudson came on as sub and kept his place. Blake was mainly used as a right back though was dependable enough in midfield as well. Wasn't there someone on here who kept touting Blake as a holding midfielder?
    yes , me

He was a tough little fella

I never thought he would make even an emergency centre back given his size but he fell into the role and he and Gerrard deservedly kept the shirts

West Brom even

You fecking nerk

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Gerrard said 10 games during the podcast, although i believe you over him. how do you remember this stuff, it's great!

Gerrard said that he'd go for most of the first balls and Blake would mop up anything loose, shame what happened to Blake, could have had a decent career at championship level.

Gerrard said 10 games during the podcast, although i believe you over him. how do you remember this stuff, it's great!
    He's actually a computer

Gerrard said that he'd go for most of the first balls and Blake would mop up anything loose, shame what happened to Blake, could have had a decent career at championship level.
    both of them could , useful players

I'm not sure that gerrard was a piss head, Blake had his problems though, stayed around his mates with the piss up mentality.

Do you actually know anything about football? There’s a reason he spent most of his career in the lower leagues. He wasn’t up to Championship standard. He also thought he was far better than he actually was.

I had to look it up. I couldn't recall them ever playing with each other so decided to have a look. It's just me and the weird way I'm wired!

Mark Hudson missed 4 months of the 2009/10 season. For the most part, Gerrard and Gyepes were our centre backs, sometimes Darcy Blake filled in at right back. Gerrard and Blake had a spell from that Swansea game, 5 starts together until Blake suffered injury. The following season Hudson was almost ever present, bar a few games when Dekel Keinan replaced him.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Do you actually know anything about football? There’s a reason he spent most of his career in the lower leagues. He wasn’t up to Championship standard. He also thought he was far better than he actually was.
    I know a lot thanks , I have been following cardiff for years . The reason why he blew his chance was because he had a drinking problem and paid little attention to diet .

That night, away at West brom ......were you there ? .......he ran the midfield and several of us said on the way home he looks a useful player this lad .

Sadly he couldn't get on top of his demons

A real shame , had the makings of a very good player

I never liked liked Gerrard. And I rated Dave Jones. But that podcast has given me something to think about. I agree with JR Hartley though, he thought he was better than he was. And his ****ing penatly against Liverpool was suspect.

...West Bromley..was that a first round fa cup game?

I honestly cannot remember the source - it was a few years ago - but was talking to someone closely connected to the players at the time. He said Dave Jones brought in the players, selected the team, and went to the golf course. Hardly any tactics discussed, his reasoning the squad was strong enough and experienced to know what to do..