+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Paterson On From The Start , Cometh The Hour , Cometh The Man

Re: Get Paterson On From The Start , Cometh The Hour , Cometh The Man

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't dislike him as a player or a person, just despise him as a striker. He's awful there. But Warnock the dinosaur played him there so he must have something about him..

He's probably worth keeping as a sub definitely, probably great to have around the place as well with a good attitude etc but he should never start as a striker while we have other fit forwards at the club. If put a winger up top if we had an injury crisis rather than Pato tbh.
    he's one of our leading scorers up front isnt he ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    he's one of our leading scorers up front isnt he ?
    Patterson up front, and we hoof it to him hoping for a knock down to ward. Yep I can see Fulham shaking in their boots right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    Patterson up front, and we hoof it to him hoping for a knock down to ward. Yep I can see Fulham shaking in their boots right now.
    They are not real Madrid ff sake

They got beaten by brentord last night

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry, I know this is probably a ridiculous idea, but could we consider Paterson in the position where he has won most of his international caps?
    Im pretty sure even Scotland have started using him as a striker.

Sorry, I know this is probably a ridiculous idea, but could we consider Paterson in the position where he has won most of his international caps?
    Funny how no-one's thought of that. We're crying out for a right-back and here we have one with international caps.

That's not a bad shout at all.
    I know Warnock was very dismissive of him in that position, but Warnock tends to have very specific things he looks for.

He can still get into the box and be a nuisance at set pieces as well.

I'm sure that has been explored. It's interesting that Warnock bought him but thought he'd be better in an attacking sense. Given how well Bacuna has done for us in midfield (and I reckon has been missed there), surely the possibility of Paterson at right back has been explored, and ultimately, dismissed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    No, he's deadly serious. As 'Llandaff Blue' said, some of our fans are stuck in the 70's!
    Fulham's defenders have already shown that they're fit, strong and athletic - they won't be bullied.
    I noticed JR said it in another thread about Blake and yes, I definitely agree.

Hopefully we continue to move away from that style of player and football.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure that has been explored. It's interesting that Warnock bought him but thought he'd be better in an attacking sense. Given how well Bacuna has done for us in midfield (and I reckon has been missed there), surely the possibility of Paterson at right back has been explored, and ultimately, dismissed?
    Maybe because Lord Neil has played him up top for so long nobody at the club has actually remembered he can play at RB and it's gone totally under the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Some of our fans are really stuck in the 70s aren’t they
    I bet their lot at the Cottage would be a bit Craven if they faced the old Grange End, bovver boots and all lol