+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What does it take to be a premier league player ?

What does it take to be a premier league player ?

its often talked about that player x is a good championship player but is not premiership level

From what I have seen over the years you need a crap haircut , money coming out of your arse and the ability to dive , cheat , pretend to be injured and con the ref .

The forest side that won back to back european cups and broke liverpools dominance of the first division ?

That was quality

Re: What does it take to be a premier league player ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    its often talked about that player x is a good championship player but is not premiership level

From what I have seen over the years you need a crap haircut , money coming out of your arse and the ability to dive , cheat , pretend to be injured and con the ref .

The forest side that won back to back european cups and broke liverpools dominance of the first division ?

That was quality
    Sleeve Tattoo as well.

Whilst there are obviously some stand out players, most need a good agent to convince the bigger clubs that you are a stand out player, and a top class coach to get the best out of you and your teammates once you're there.

And a ridiculously expensive car with a custom paint job also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst there are obviously some stand out players, most need a good agent to convince the bigger clubs that you are a stand out player, and a top class coach to get the best out of you and your teammates once you're there.

And a ridiculously expensive car with a custom paint job also helps.
    wife with plastic boobs

Being able to s**g your team-mates wives

Something more than Whittingham, Chopra and Bothroyd had. I wonder if Nathan Blake would make it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Something more than Whittingham, Chopra and Bothroyd had. I wonder if Nathan Blake would make it these days.
    Bothroyd had all the ingredients but his attitude was questionable when he was younger. Ironically he is till playing so clearly loves playing and I think if he had the same attitude he has now when he was younger would have had a PL career.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bothroyd had all the ingredients but his attitude was questionable when he was younger. Ironically he is till playing so clearly loves playing and I think if he had the same attitude he has now when he was younger would have had a PL career.
    Bothroyd had silky technique. That left foot could hit a ball so smoothly. Unfortunately, having that natural skill made him think he was Thierry Henry at 18. I agree that if he had an older head on his shoulders his career would have gone very differently, and we would never have seen him here.

Actually, there were a lot of very skilled youngsters at Arsenal who drifted off. Youtube is full of clips of their youth team scoring ridiculous goals over the years. He's one of the few who did sort himself out and get a proper career.

Talent and a huge and consistent level of commitment from a very young age

Luck

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Whittingham was good enough, he'd have had a good few years of PL football had he not been so loyal to us

You might be able to watch Bothroyd live soon.
    Premier Sports free channel (Virgin 553) show J League games live and his club, Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo, are on live each of the next 2 weekends.