+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: Brentford 3 - 1 Swansea

Re: Brentford v Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Ollie Watkins is some player. Best player in the Championship in my opinion
    Oh yes. He’ll be a premiership player no doubt.

The thing I was impressed with the most is his temperament. Didn’t get rattled. Rolled with the big tackles. Tracked back when needed.

You can see his attitude when Benerama missed that sitter and he was dragging him up off the floor

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

The thing I was impressed with the most is his temperament. Didn’t get rattled. Rolled with the big tackles. Tracked back when needed.

You can see his attitude when Benerama missed that sitter and he was dragging him up off the floor
    Got smashed into by Cabango and didn't complain, just got back up and worked hard. Good player

Re: FT: Brentford 3 - 1 Swansea

Thank goodness for that.
    On another note regarding another thread, can you imagine a plastic getting so much
    Relief from a result not involving their "team".

he's got a 16m release.clause in his contact apparently. question will be whether he'll be in the premier League with Brentford even if they do go up

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    Thank goodness for that.
    On another note regarding another thread, can you imagine a plastic getting so much
    Relief from a result not involving their "team".
    they only watch one team, they don't actually follow the sport ,its just the club , bit like a Waco type cult thing

Watkins a converted winger, no? Maybe we should try the same with Whyte or Murphy. Well, maybe as back up number 10s.

I've said before that I'm not as bothered about Swansea as most other City fans, but that didn't extend to me being okay about it in the event of them winning last night - I'm very glad the tie ended up like it did because the seven years they spent in the Premier League damaged City and' let's be honest, they were very lucky to get into the Play Offs.

To be fair to the jacks, they gave the side which deserves to win the Play Offs on performances over forty six matches and how they are run a right good game in both legs and went out with credit. Let's hope that City can at least do something similar tonight. Monday was so disappointing - I didn't have any great hopes of us winning, but was expecting a lot better than what we got.

I am by no means a Swansea fan and am completely indifferent as to whether they were promoted or not, but I would imagine that it must have been a pretty nervy time for the Bees toward the end of that game. Imagine if it had gone to extra time and then penalties. I am just grateful that it means it is now definitely impossible for us to meet the Jacks in a play-off final!

Swansea lost with credit last night unlike our loss against Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Or if Brentford had taken more of their chances, it could easily have been 5 and Swansea would have had no credit. It was only a defensive cock up that got them back into it.

Apart from the obvious difference in quality between us and the other 3 play off sides, what struck me last night was just how much energy both sides showed for the whole of the game. We talk of Hoillet, NML, and Murphy as potential match winners [on their day], but they'd need carrying off on stretchers after 20 minutes if they had to play at that intensity. Most of the others, too.

Yep a section of our fans continue the Swansea love in. They were blown away inside 15 minutes. Defending was laughable and finished below us in the league with a half borrowed side.

They played some good football. It got them nowhere last night. Should have been 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Watkins a converted winger, no? Maybe we should try the same with Whyte or Murphy. Well, maybe as back up number 10s.
    Not strong enough

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Or if Brentford had taken more of their chances, it could easily have been 5 and Swansea would have had no credit. It was only a defensive cock up that got them back into it.
    Exactly.

But we get the superior quality comments about Swansea when the league table shows a different story.

What I saw is Swansea get torn apart, with the Swans lumping long balls into the box all night.

Then get a very lucky goal from a stupid, stupid error by Jansson

Not strong enough
    Yeah. I agree. But I still might be tempted to try him there tonight or maybe NML. Nothing to lose.

I've said it loads of times but as a striker he wouldn't go in for a header if there's a risk of getting clattered, and you can see how much we rely on the channels and crosses at the moment

You never know though