Got a champions league medal without playing for Liverpool

Re: Rhian Brewster

he'll have a good career in the Premiership

More like Montgomery Brewster tonight

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    See that defending for his goal? **** me, it was u10s stuff, all he had to do was swing his left foot at it. I'd fine the **** 2 weeks wages for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    See that defending for his goal? **** me, it was u10s stuff, all he had to do was swing his left foot at it. I'd fine the **** 2 weeks wages for that.
    And then he tried to blame the other players!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Love that film

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    most folk in Liverpool got one giving em out like smarties

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Did you hear the commentators saying how Liverpool apparently analysed The JBs playing stats quite carefully before letting him go on loan there?

Don’t suppose we’ll be getting any loanees from them any time soon then....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did you hear the commentators saying how Liverpool apparently analysed The JBs playing stats quite carefully before letting him go on loan there?

lots of big clubs have people in charge of loans now looking at that sort of thing. makes sense really, if you're sending a multi million pound asset out to be developed you probably want to make sure what you're getting

Cardiff 5th
    Swansea 6th.

We are better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    lots of big clubs have people in charge of loans now looking at that sort of thing. makes sense really, if you're sending a multi million pound asset out to be developed you probably want to make sure what you're getting
    I'd fancy us to do a lot better in the loan market next season than we have for some time. We've definitely moved on from Warnockball.

An article from yesterday written by a former Wales Online hack in the Manchester Evening News saying that "senior Cardiff sources" have told him it is "totally untrue" that we are after a player who often captained Man United's under 23s while scoring nine times in twelve matches for them this season;-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nsfer-18681795

On Monday, Sky put up an embarrassing chart contrasting us and Fulham's passing/ball retention stats - we were rated twenty fourth, and bottom of the Championship, in all of them. While it does seem a deliberate policy at the club not to place a huge emphasis on these skills thereby making those stats not as miserable as they would be if we were trying to play a passing game where keeping the ball was important, you have to wonder whether figures like those would encourage a Premier League club to loan a player who is being compared to Michael Carrick in that piece to us? I wouldn't be too surprised if it was "totally untrue" that we were interested in him only became the club's line after they'd been told they had no chance of getting him by his parent club.

We have signed one player on loan from a big six club in recent years, but, in terms of playing style and physique, Marko Grujic was a typical Warnock player and it may well have been that Liverpool thought he was better suited to being loaned to a club that played like we did.

We have the oldest squad in the Championship with many members of it in the last year of their contracts - it's going to be difficult to carry out the sort of rebuilding job that is clearly needed at City this summer due to the financial constraints caused by the virus and the fact that it is such a short transfer window (not knowing for sure what division we'll be in next season doesn't help either).

However, that to me makes utilising the loan market to bring in two or three younger, talented players from top clubs with the intention of decreasing the average age of our team while also improving ball retention/passing levels a sensible and attractive option, but it may be denied us as a consequence of a combination of our style of play for much of the last decade and our abysmal record when it comes to bringing young players into the first team. Clubs may not want to loan good prospects to us because they fear that they would not feature in our first team often enough and, if they did, that playing for us might set their development back.

Perhaps Middlesboro will loan us a few players to get them ready for their style of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A ridiculous thing to do at that stage of the game. Brought all that unnecessary pressure on last 15 minutes and then had the cheek to try and dig the goalkeeper out

I agree a couple of loan players would be useful. But Swansea have overused it and failed. Theyve also got a number of players out of contract. That didnt stop Sky going on about them building a team.

Theyve built feck all.

Last night Mulder out of contract. Regular keeper is a loan.

Naughton out of contract.
    Vand der Horn out of contract
    Guehi loan
    Gallagher loan
    Breswter loan

That leaves Ayew rumoured to be on 80k a week. Their owners will be desperate to get him off the books. That leaves Bidwell Fulton Roberts and Grimes.

At least we have a team.

Their use of the loan system has got them nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I agree a couple of loan players would be useful. But Swansea have overused it and failed. Theyve also got a number of players out of contract. That didnt stop Sky going on about them building a team.

Theyve built feck all.

Last night Mulder out of contract. Regular keeper is a loan.

Naughton out of contract.
    Vand der Horn out of contract
    Guehi loan
    Gallagher loan
    Breswter loan

That leaves Ayew rumoured to be on 80k a week. Their owners will be desperate to get him off the books. That leaves Bidwell Fulton Roberts and Grimes.

At least we have a team.

Their use of the loan system has got them nowhere.
    I would expect a club who is 'known for playing football' and a manager who managed Englands u17's to World Cup success, and was the opposition scout for England under Southgate, will be able to attract a fair number of loanees from top clubs again next season..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An article from yesterday written by a former Wales Online hack in the Manchester Evening News saying that "senior Cardiff sources" have told him it is "totally untrue" that we are after a player who often captained Man United's under 23s while scoring nine times in twelve matches for them this season;-

On Monday, Sky put up an embarrassing chart contrasting us and Fulham's passing/ball retention stats - we were rated twenty fourth, and bottom of the Championship, in all of them. While it does seem a deliberate policy at the club not to place a huge emphasis on these skills thereby making those stats not as miserable as they would be if we were trying to play a passing game where keeping the ball was important, you have to wonder whether figures like those would encourage a Premier League club to loan a player who is being compared to Michael Carrick in that piece to us? I wouldn't be too surprised if it was "totally untrue" that we were interested in him only became the club's line after they'd been told they had no chance of getting him by his parent club.

We have signed one player on loan from a big six club in recent years, but, in terms of playing style and physique, Marko Grujic was a typical Warnock player and it may well have been that Liverpool thought he was better suited to being loaned to a club that played like we did.

We have the oldest squad in the Championship with many members of it in the last year of their contracts - it's going to be difficult to carry out the sort of rebuilding job that is clearly needed at City this summer due to the financial constraints caused by the virus and the fact that it is such a short transfer window (not knowing for sure what division we'll be in next season doesn't help either).

However, that to me makes utilising the loan market to bring in two or three younger, talented players from top clubs with the intention of decreasing the average age of our team while also improving ball retention/passing levels a sensible and attractive option, but it may be denied us as a consequence of a combination of our style of play for much of the last decade and our abysmal record when it comes to bringing young players into the first team. Clubs may not want to loan good prospects to us because they fear that they would not feature in our first team often enough and, if they did, that playing for us might set their development back.
    Pack, Ralls, Vaulks, Whyte. Patterson, Glatzel. Hoillet, NML, Murphy. Just typing their names out on this keyboard is depressing..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I would expect a club who is 'known for playing football' and a manager who managed Englands u17's to World Cup success, and was the opposition scout for England under Southgate, will be able to attract a fair number of loanees from top clubs again next season..
    Yeah lets see where that gets them again.

This time without a backup of a number of out of contract players and id say the probable departure of Ayew and Rodon.

Bob makes some valid points, but we’ve (for once) come out with some credit on the Dion Sanderson loan at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cardiff 5th
    Swansea 6th.

We are better than them.
    I’m not saying that we are not.

More that, if this is true, and I suspect that it is, a club can only expect to attract loanees based on the type of football that they play.

So in our case, IF we were also trying to
    get someone like Brewster on loan, or any bright young player from a Premier League Club, we’d therefore appear to be at a disadvantage if clubs don’t want to loan us players because of the way we play.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, but he can only play so many. They're going to have to sign some players permanently as well. There's also the issue of wages and what they can afford.

Talking of money, I notice Swansea's average home attendance dropped by over 2,500 this season before the Covid lockdown, a greater drop than after the season they were relegated. Money might be a bit tighter down there this season.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Quite.

And is it my imagination (probably!) or did we often seem to put out a team made up of significant numbers of loanees under Dave Jones? Largely as we were skint at the time.

This could well be just my perception mind you (wasn’t Chops a loan initially for example?)

Sky have had very little good to say about us in recent years.
    Even the nausiating love in with Swansea last night seemed a deliberate dig when compared to the commentary of our game on Monday.

A lot of time, effort and investment goes into nurturing young players and I would like to think that similar would go into would-be suiters for the loan market and not simply take Sky's word for it.

Harris has got us playing a much better brand of football with a squad he inherited.
    I am sure he can convince potential loanees' managers that they can progress with Cardiff City, despite Sky's unquestionable bias.

Quite.

And is it my imagination (probably!) or did we often seem to put out a team made up of significant numbers of loanees under Dave Jones? Largely as we were skint at the time.

This could well be just my perception mind you (wasn’t Chops a loan initially for example?)
    Chopra's first spell in 2006/07 was as a signing. We sold him to Sunderland, then loaned him back and ultimately bought him back for the same price (I think).

Over the 6 seasons Jones was our manager we loaned 28 players according to Transfermarkt. 7 of those were goalkeepers. We went through the best part of 2 seasons without a permanently signed goalkeeper between the sticks!

In 2010/11 we had 10 players on loan at various times. The season before we had 1.

These are the loan players we brought in according to Transfermarkt, so I'm distancing myself from any errors!!

2005/06:
    Michael Ricketts, Jason Koumas

2006/07:
    Alan Wright, James Chambers, Kerrea Gilbert, Simon Walton, James Simmonds (who? Midfielder from Chelsea on loan, then went to Dover Athletic...), Iwan Redan

2007/08:
    Peter Enckelman, Ross Turnbull

2008/09:
    Tom Heaton, Stuart Taylor, Dimi Konstantopolous, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, Wayne Routledge, Michael Chopra, Eddie Johnson

2009/10:
    Kelvin Etuhu

2010/11:

Stephen Bywater, Jason Brown, J-Lloyd Samuel, Aaron Ramsey, Seyi Olofinjana, Danny Drinkwater, Jason Koumas, Craig Bellamy, Andy Keogh, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Not sure what the rule was then, but currently no side can have more than 8 loanees and can only play 5 at any one time.