+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhian Brewster

Re: Rhian Brewster

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Chopra's first spell in 2006/07 was as a signing. We sold him to Sunderland, then loaned him back and ultimately bought him back for the same price (I think).

Over the 6 seasons Jones was our manager we loaned 28 players according to Transfermarkt. 7 of those were goalkeepers. We went through the best part of 2 seasons without a permanently signed goalkeeper between the sticks!

In 2010/11 we had 10 players on loan at various times. The season before we had 1.

These are the loan players we brought in according to Transfermarkt, so I'm distancing myself from any errors!!

2005/06:
    Michael Ricketts, Jason Koumas

2006/07:
    Alan Wright, James Chambers, Kerrea Gilbert, Simon Walton, James Simmonds (who? Midfielder from Chelsea on loan, then went to Dover Athletic...), Iwan Redan

2007/08:
    Peter Enckelman, Ross Turnbull

2008/09:
    Tom Heaton, Stuart Taylor, Dimi Konstantopolous, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, Wayne Routledge, Michael Chopra, Eddie Johnson

2009/10:
    Kelvin Etuhu

2010/11:

Stephen Bywater, Jason Brown, J-Lloyd Samuel, Aaron Ramsey, Seyi Olofinjana, Danny Drinkwater, Jason Koumas, Craig Bellamy, Andy Keogh, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Not sure what the rule was then, but currently no side can have more than 8 loanees and can only play 5 at any one time.
    Strikes me that, even with loan signings, we've favoured older players or at least players with plenty of first team experience already.

I accept that there is a degree of risk in bringing in a player like that Garner of Man United and, although I daresay a signing like him would cost us less than the modern day equivalent of many of those we were signing ten and more years ago, they wouldn't come cheap. However, as has been mentioned by the Hooded Claw, I think the Sanderson deal has worked out well for us. Yes, he had a rough couple of games which caused him to lose his place, but he was a part of a side which was definitely an improvement on much of what we saw before he arrived.

Stats ?????

On Monday, Sky put up an embarrassing chart contrasting us and Fulham's passing/ball retention stats - we were rated twenty fourth, and bottom of the Championship, in all of them. While it does seem a deliberate policy at the club not to place a huge emphasis on these skills thereby making those stats not as miserable as they would be if we were trying to play a passing game where keeping the ball was important, you have to wonder whether figures like those would encourage a Premier League club to loan a player who is being compared to Michael Carrick in that piece to us? I wouldn't be too surprised if it was "totally untrue" that we were interested in him only became the club's line after they'd been told they had no chance of getting him by his parent club.

According to this, Fulham are the tops and we are lower than low. Correct

So, if we're lower than low, how come we scored 4 more goals than them ?

Shirley, this shows that we make more use of our possession, when we have the ball. Not tippy tapping it to each other in our own half !

I just don't get this "LOVE IN"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Stats ?????

On Monday, Sky put up an embarrassing chart contrasting us and Fulham's passing/ball retention stats - we were rated twenty fourth, and bottom of the Championship, in all of them. While it does seem a deliberate policy at the club not to place a huge emphasis on these skills thereby making those stats not as miserable as they would be if we were trying to play a passing game where keeping the ball was important, you have to wonder whether figures like those would encourage a Premier League club to loan a player who is being compared to Michael Carrick in that piece to us? I wouldn't be too surprised if it was "totally untrue" that we were interested in him only became the club's line after they'd been told they had no chance of getting him by his parent club.

According to this, Fulham are the tops and we are lower than low. Correct

So, if we're lower than low, how come we scored 4 more goals than them ?

Shirley, this shows that we make more use of our possession, when we have the ball. Not tippy tapping it to each other in our own half !

I just don't get this "LOVE IN"
    If league tables we're decided by how many goals a team scores you might have a point, We might make the most of our possession, but doesn't that mean we could be so much more effective with a bit more of it? Before Monday, we'd had a few matches where our share of possession was more than normal and we managed to win most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If league tables we're decided by how many goals a team scores you might have a point, We might make the most of our possession, but doesn't that mean we could be so much more effective with a bit more of it? Before Monday, we'd had a few matches where our share of possession was more than normal and we managed to win most of them.
    Thats because we are improving our possession under Harris. We started well against Fulham as well and played some good stuff. We should have gone ahead and who knows?

Fulham then took over and when you see the money theyve spent its hardly surprising.

But we have our own fans slagging our side and having this Swansea love in and how well they did against Brentford when in fact they were blown away in 15 minutes and only in the game at the end because of a gift from a long ball.

The good thing is the Swansea boards have even more numbers pissed off wanting Cooper out and moaning about their sideways football than we have complaining about our side.

There was no way we were turning into a possession based side after the way wed been playing under Warnock. Harris has made a big improvement in my opinion already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Grimes.
    Matt Grimes is subject to a number of offers. His salary at the Jacks is minimal and he's had several other offers which would quadruple his salary, so they may not be building around him unless they start paying him decent money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats because we are improving our possession under Harris. We started well against Fulham as well and played some good stuff. We should have gone ahead and who knows?

Fulham then took over and when you see the money theyve spent its hardly surprising.

But we have our own fans slagging our side and having this Swansea love in and how well they did against Brentford when in fact they were blown away in 15 minutes and only in the game at the end because of a gift from a long ball.

The good thing is the Swansea boards have even more numbers pissed off wanting Cooper out and moaning about their sideways football than we have complaining about our side.

There was no way we were turning into a possession based side after the way wed been playing under Warnock. Harris has made a big improvement in my opinion already.
    The problem I have when anyone defends Warnockball in particular and the way we've tended to play for most of the time I've supported the club in general is, if you look at it in terms of ball possession stats, shouldn't our aim be to get possession at ten per cent and under? Under Warnock, we tended to get somewhere between twenty five and forty five per cent possession, but, if we so keen for the other side to have the ball, why did we need as much as that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The problem I have when anyone defends Warnockball in particular and the way we've tended to play for most of the time I've supported the club in general is, if you look at it in terms of ball possession stats, shouldn't our aim be to get possession at ten per cent and under? Under Warnock, we tended to get somewhere between twenty five and forty five per cent possession, but, if we so keen for the other side to have the ball, why did we need as much as that?
    Need to keep the ball to drag them out a bit

We would tire quicker constantly running back from their counters

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, but he can only play so many. They're going to have to sign some players permanently as well. There's also the issue of wages and what they can afford.

Talking of money, I notice Swansea's average home attendance dropped by over 2,500 this season before the Covid lockdown, a greater drop than after the season they were relegated. Money might be a bit tighter down there this season.
    The correlation between gate receipts and a club's spending on wages and transfers seems less connected each season despite 'financial fair play' rules. The one thing I'm sure of is given a choice to loaning a player to us or Swansea, a Premier League manager will opt for the Jacks every time..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The correlation between gate receipts and a club's spending on wages and transfers seems less connected each season despite 'financial fair play' rules. The one thing I'm sure of is given a choice to loaning a player to us or Swansea, a Premier League manager will opt for the Jacks every time..
    Luckily our policy isnt to build half a team of young PL loanees.

Let them do their thing we will do ours and see who comes out on top. This season it was us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did you hear the commentators saying how Liverpool apparently analysed The JBs playing stats quite carefully before letting him go on loan there?

Don’t suppose we’ll be getting any loanees from them any time soon then....
    Why wouldn't they?

Not sure who posted it on here but one club (Brighton maybe) sent one youngster to the Dutch second division because he would improve some aspects of his game in that league at that level.. They pay people to get the best out of their loans and the players going on loan are potentially worth multi millions.

But yeah, Bobby knows best. The bloke that gets bullied by kids in tracksuits.

I wonder how many girls named Rhian he met in his time down west.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bet they needed all 12 fingers as well

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Lol. That would be awkward.