+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any predictions on how the transfer window is going to go?

Any predictions on how the transfer window is going to go?

Not necessarily just for us, but across the Championship and football league.

Teams will be desperate to unload players they don't want. Some of those players on good wages who won't get close to that any more will be more desperate to cling on to those contracts.

Given the money some teams have lost due to Covid-19 there won't be many players having their contracts paid up.

Can clubs choose to freeze out players who choose to stay in cushy contracts when other clubs might be interested? Make it public that x doesn't want to leave as it would involve a pay cut and would rather sit on his arse than play?

Either way, the power lies too much with the players I reckon at the moment. I imagine some clubs will be quite creative in how they deal with players they can't move. It'll be interesting to watch.

Re: Any predictions on how the transfer window is going to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Teams will be desperate to unload players they don't want. Some of those players on good wages who won't get close to that any more will be more desperate to cling on to those contracts.

Given the money some teams have lost due to Covid-19 there won't be many players having their contracts paid up.

Can clubs choose to freeze out players who choose to stay in cushy contracts when other clubs might be interested? Make it public that x doesn't want to leave as it would involve a pay cut and would rather sit on his arse than play?

Either way, the power lies too much with the players I reckon at the moment. I imagine some clubs will be quite creative in how they deal with players they can't move. It'll be interesting to watch.
    Now's the time to go get Bale Neil

A bit harsh to publicly try to humiliate a player who doesn’t want to rip up the contract that the club sanctioned when he joined. Footballers are the same as any employee, more so in these times, that they’d be reluctant to make themselves jobless particularly in the bloated football player market. My advice to anyone in any job in these uncertain times would be if they can hang on to it, hang on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A bit harsh to publicly try to humiliate a player who doesn’t want to rip up the contract that the club sanctioned when he joined. Footballers are the same as any employee, more so in these times, that they’d be reluctant to make themselves jobless particularly in the bloated football player market. My advice to anyone in any job in these uncertain times would be if they can hang on to it, hang on to it.
    A lot of footballers have mortgages too - just that in most cases their mortgages are a lot bigger than the average person's.

Bournemouth are going to have a few quid to spend, as they’ve agreed a £40m bid for Ake from Man City and they could get a chunk for David Brooks.

What's happened with the Premier League TV money?

There could be some real bargains in L1

I hear we've got an account at Poundland

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Well, parachute payments notwithstanding, it follows that all Championship clubs are going to lose 60% plus in ticket income. I made the point last week that clubs seem to be waiting to see how 'rules' develop in the next 6/7 weeks. If there are still restrictions I cannot see how many clubs can survive with their current wage bills..

For us a right back , striker. Probably on frees or loan.

Getting players who we dont need out will be a problem.

The original poster is asking for predictions on how the transfer window will go. My predictions are:

1. We will not be promoted.
    2. We will sell to anyone who is prepared to take any of our players probably at a huge loss.
    3. We will be stuck with players like Flint and Pack as nobody will be prepared to pay their high wages.
    4. We will reduce the size of the squad probably by paying up contracts.
    5. We will get a couple of youngsters on loan from Premier League clubs.

Hopefully, there’ll be one or two players stepping up from the academy, as well.