+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Article on fans power and if they should stay away

Article on fans power and if they should stay away

Re: Article on fans power and if they should stay away

That book can we have our football back sums up the modern game

It basically stinks of money

Unfortunately any change would need a degree of organisation which isn't really there yet; there's the FSA but I doubt there's been a rush to get involved with them during the lockdown. We'll probably go back to the tribalism and is-that-all-you-take-away and support your club no matter what. I suspect if there was any kind of protest the clubs would point to the dearth of funds recently and fans would back down. For all that, the FSA has had some success with the ticket prices for away fans although I think that's still only optional for clubs?

I'd completely overlooked the FA Cup final. Such a shame, it used to be the highlight of the season.

well cardiff fans had their chance to form an influential trust and most of them couldnt be bothered to join

Totally respect those still involved but it was like getting blood out of a stone

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well cardiff fans had their chance to form an influential trust and most of them couldnt be bothered to join

Totally respect those still involved but it was like getting blood out of a stone
    That's a fair point regarding us a single club but there needs to be a greater national movement to help get a better deal for fans all across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    That's a fair point regarding us a single club but there needs to be a greater national movement to help get a better deal for fans all across the country.
    I couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd completely overlooked the FA Cup final. Such a shame, it used to be the highlight of the season.
    I'd give the fourth Champions League qualifying place to the FA Cup winner to reignite interest in the competition, but would UEFA even allow that?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'd give the fourth Champions League qualifying place to the FA Cup winner to reignite interest in the competition, but would UEFA even allow that?
    Good idea. What does it get you now? UEFA League or whatever it's called nowadays?