+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The only teams to have beaten Fulham this season

The only teams to have beaten Fulham this season

By the same margin as we need to tonight are..

Leeds, Brentford, Man City and ...... Hull

We are not going to be able to play the way the first three on that list play . Maybe we should have a close look at the Hull game and see what they were able to do.

Re: The only teams to have beaten Fulham this season

Don't forget Barnsley and Stoke. Bristol City, Reading also scored twice there and won. Huddersfield and Luton also scored twice at Fulham, though both lost.

In 23 home league games, Fulham conceded twice or more on 10 occasions. We conceded twice or more on only 5 occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't forget Barnsley and Stoke.
    Barnsley beat them recently didn’t they? At craven cottage? It’s certainly do able and if Harris and the squad haven’t watched the games in dvd there must be something wrong with them

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    By the same margin as we need to tonight are..

Leeds, Brentford, Man City and ...... Hull

We are not going to be able to play the way the first three on that list play . Maybe we should have a close look at the Hull game and see what they were able to do.
    You have to press hard and fast and be relentless, stop them getting into their stride, it's not easy but definitely doable.

I think we'll have at least three changes maybe four tonight, Bacuna probably back in midfield and maybe Patterson upfront, I have a sneaky feeling Tomlin will be sacrificed too for a more mobile and aggressive midfield.

It's the last throw of the dice, so we may as well gamble and give it a good go?

^^^ You lot should be pundits on SSN.
    I'm beginning to think we have a bit of hope

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Barnsley beat them recently didn’t they? At craven cottage? It’s certainly do able and if Harris and the squad haven’t watched the games in dvd there must be something wrong with them
    Yep, looks like the list I was looking at wasn't comprensive.

Just watched th highlights of the Barnsley and Hull games at Craven Cottage, both teams were physical and in their faces and then hitting them very quickly on the break

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't forget Barnsley and Stoke. Bristol City, Reading also scored twice there and won. Huddersfield and Luton also scored twice at Fulham, though both lost.

In 23 home league games, Fulham conceded twice or more on 10 occasions. We conceded twice or more on only 5 occasions.
    Sheffield Wednesday scored 3, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    You have to press hard and fast and be relentless, stop them getting into their stride, it's not easy but definitely doable.

I think we'll have at least three changes maybe four tonight, Bacuna probably back in midfield and maybe Patterson upfront, I have a sneaky feeling Tomlin will be sacrificed too for a more mobile and aggressive midfield.

It's the last throw of the dice, so we may as well gamble and give it a good go?
    Vaulks obviously will be back in for this too!

It would be ironic if Sanderson came back for this game after losing his place in the last match there. I haven't been too happy with his defending but for the sake of having Bacuna in midfield I'd welcome him back.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    and if Harris and the squad haven’t watched the games in dvd there must be something wrong with them
    Knowing Tan's reluctance to spend money, the game has probably been watched by Harris and the squad on an old knackered video player, a betamax one at that! With the tape snapping within ten minutes after kick-off

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday scored 3, I believe.
    They conceded 5 mind!

Apart from us, 7 other sides have better home defensive records than Fulham. We scored 2 or more at 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post

I agree with your first paragraph. That's what we did at their place for the first quarter of the game earlier this month, but we were unable or unwilling to sustain it - it's hard for a team as old as ours is to play like that for ninety minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Knowing Tan's reluctance to spend money, the game has probably been watched by Harris and the squad on an old knackered video player, a betamax one at that! With the tape snapping within ten minutes after kick-off
    Hear hear!

We're probably not going to win by the required margin. If at all. But it's not impossible. We need to maintain concentration and shape for at least 90 minutes and we'll need a bit of luck. Let's see. Not long now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We're probably not going to win by the required margin. If at all. But it's not impossible. We need to maintain concentration and shape for at least 90 minutes and we'll need a bit of luck. Let's see. Not long now.
    An early goal and GAME ON

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    An early goal and GAME ON
    At the risk of being ridiculed I've felt in Fulham's results this season a certain frailty of mind. Just don't let them get into their groove as we did at CCS or you'll be done. Beware a lot of time wasting, fake head injuries - They won't be going into this game as Brentford did last night.

A goal and a clean sheet in the first 45 will definitely be GAME ON as the previous poster says.