+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So Who Plays Up Front?

So Who Plays Up Front?

Presuming its one striker. Who do we pick tonight.?

I dont think theres an ideal answer and wont overturn it anyway.

But if chances come the person id want them to fall to would be Ward.

So Ward for me.

Re: So Who Plays Up Front?

Neil Harris

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Neil Harris
    Hadnt thought about him. Steve Morisson could be worth a shout as well.

Mendez Laing, and i'm being serious. He can win a header, he's strong, ad he has the ability, because of a lack of ability, to not know what he's going to do with the ball at any given moment, therefore, how in gods name are the fulham defenders suppossed to know. This is tactics cardiff city style.

Has to be Ward. Glatzel was bullied by Fulham's defenders after he missed his two big chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Presuming its one striker. Who do we pick tonight.?

I dont think theres an ideal answer and wont overturn it anyway.

But if chances come the person id want them to fall to would be Ward.

So Ward for me.
    I think Danny needs more time on the pitch. Glatzel has improved in some departments but needs to be sharper with his final delivery. Perhaps its time to swap things around and give Ward a chance from the off.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    I think Danny needs more time on the pitch. Glatzel has improved in some departments but needs to be sharper with his final delivery. Perhaps its time to swap things around and give Ward a chance from the off.
    Glatzel needs to be stronger on the ball, he's not one of those strikers that holds onto the ball and pins the defender, he gives them a chance to nick the ball back. I don't think that we really have many options. I compare it to my job a bit, i always have about three or four hand saws on the back of the van that i can't seem to part with, each one with varying degrees of bluntness, i start using one of them, then have to change it as it's losing performance, and so on until i've gone through them all. What i really need is a new saw!

James Waite

I'm not against Glatzel being a sub for 25 mins if it's ward ahead of him. Ward is a good impact player as well, but he's worth a go from the off as he seems to make nice runs for Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not against Glatzel being a sub for 25 mins if it's ward ahead of him. Ward is a good impact player as well, but he's worth a go from the off as he seems to make nice runs for Tomlin.
    yes during the relatively short time time that Ward and Tomlin play together they seem to link up well.

yes during the relatively short time time that Ward and Tomlin play together they seem to link up well.
    Worth a go isn't it.

Definitely worth it over the other ****ing ludicrous idea being bandied about..

I'm not convinced by Plan A, and Plan B has only been so-so in recent matches. Plan C looks like too much of a risk against Fulham.

After a whole hour of weighing thing up I have come down for Plan D.

Bluebirds !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm not convinced by Plan A, and Plan B has only been so-so in recent matches. Plan C looks like too much of a risk against Fulham.

After a whole hour of weighing thing up I have come down for Plan D.

Bluebirds !!!
    But what about Plan E?

I don't think there's one who is a given. I'd like to see a change of system and a high intensity start.

I'd be inclined to go for 2 up top with Tomlin behind just so the press has numbers.

Plan 9.

Murphy Ward Mendez. Murphy is an enigma but the time for gambles has come, and let's hope the Josh Murphy that's really good turns up. He's also scored in 2 games vs Fulham.

But what about Plan E?
    Few Es on the head when they score first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Murphy Ward Mendez. Murphy is an enigma but the time for gambles has come, and let's hope the Josh Murphy that's really good turns up. He's also scored in 2 games vs Fulham.
    Yes.

2 nil down is definitely time to gamble, Hoilett has lost that bit of pace he had and I like the idea of ward running behind for tomlin and the pace outside creating space for ward..

Step up lads.

It's your time.

But what about Plan E?
    Plan E is: Smithies, Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Pack, Ralls, Vaulks, Murphy, Hoilett and Ward.

No one would be mad enough to go with that!

So he plays ward and puts Tomlin on the bloody bench 😱

So he plays ward and puts Tomlin on the bloody bench 😱
    Ward will be working hard with not much creativity behind him, I don't really understand it.

Tomlin isnt fully fit.

Id have started him. But if we did pull off a near miracle it would probably be after 120 minutes.

Tomlin probably more likely to have an impact later on maybe and Mendez.

Problem is we need to hold them at a minimum and not concede again.

The line up suggests keeping it tight and going for it late. Maybe as good a tactic as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Tomlin isnt fully fit.

Id have started him. But if we did pull off a near miracle it would probably be after 120 minutes.

Tomlin probably more likely to have an impact later on maybe and Mendez.

Problem is we need to hold them at a minimum and not concede again.

The line up suggests keeping it tight and going for it late. Maybe as good a tactic as any.
    I would have liked to have seen ward and Tomlin play together for quite a chunk of the game but i can see ward running out of steam just when tomlin comes on.