+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murphy should **** off!

Re: Murphy should **** off!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes he purposely veered into a wall after reading a post from DML1954
    I've done that to avoid reading his nonsense tbh.

Shows the arsehole side of the fans doesn't it.

We lost, narrowly, to a side I thought would do us twice over 2 legs, who have better players and a better set up than we do. They're better than us, don't be a baby and accept it.

I bet you're the angry ginger fella that used to scream at Manga game after game. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Shows the arsehole side of the fans doesn't it.

We lost, narrowly, to a side I thought would do us twice over 2 legs, who have better players and a better set up than we do. They're better than us, don't be a baby and accept it.

I bet you're the angry ginger fella that used to scream at Manga game after game. Yawn.
    some of accepted it at the start of the season . I'm amazed we got to the play offs at all.
    but I'm not dumb enough to think that this side would go up. and i don't think many would disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Ok sorry, just a bit disappointed that when we get a chance in front of goal it's not given the treatment aka Tomlin.

Murphy has been a disappointment and never really lived up to potential.
    Tomlin's had a great season, but besides score a close range goal as soon as he came on, I didn't think he was the influence you would have thought he would be if we were to have a half as dominant as the second forty five minutes last night, but I'm not going to criticise him for that, just like I won't single out any individual to give stick to after the way we responded following Monday's dismal showing. Pedro was right about Murphy, we barely got the ball to him in the first half and, apart from that chance which I grant you he should have done better with, I thought he didn't do badly in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    several first team players have contacted me for chat up lines
    Contacted you to issue a restraining order more like.

Obviously the OP is the work of a simpleton.

I posted in another thread about playing Murphy further infield. I honestly think that he’s the player we have who still has the most potential. Him (and to a lesser extent NML) can be pretty devastating with any space through the middle (Murphy at Boro and NML at Preston).

I think Murphy needs to be in the game... I’d move him inside

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Murphy should leave for a fresh start but I think he’s trying more now. And to single him out for that one header when his confidence is shot is absolutely ****ing pathetic

If he chested it down, took half a second and the keeper smothered people would be screaming why didn’t he just hit it first time
    I think if it's possible to guess if a player would relish a move away, then I'd definitely identify Murphy. Seeing Whyte again last night also highlights the futility in bringing in average players from clubs in lower leagues just to make up numbers in the squad..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think if it's possible to guess if a player would relish a move away, then I'd definitely identify Murphy. Seeing Whyte again last night also highlights the futility in bringing in average players from clubs in lower leagues just to make up numbers in the squad..
    Curtis Nelson was signed from the lower leagues and he’s been superb under Harris.

NML and Etheridge come from the lower league and have done well for us overall.

Plenty of lower league players can make the step up. Christ, Brentford are proof of that they have signed plenty of lower league players and improved them.

Whyte just happens to be one player who looks like the step up is too much for him. It happens. That doesn’t mean looking in the lower leagues is futile.

There was a point last night when Murphy got the ball and was immediately surrounded by three defenders so the opposition still see him as a threat. I'd like to see him stay and prosper but perhaps he just needs to not get so down about his game being frustrated occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Obviously the OP is the work of a simpleton.

I posted in another thread about playing Murphy further infield. I honestly think that he’s the player we have who still has the most potential. Him (and to a lesser extent NML) can be pretty devastating with any space through the middle (Murphy at Boro and NML at Preston).

I think Murphy needs to be in the game... I’d move him inside
    I said months ago we ought to try playing a 4321 with the wingers cutting in rather than hugging the touchline, our crossing is shit anyway. NML with his pace and power running straight at some of the defenders in this league has potential to have them falling over their feet...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Curtis Nelson was signed from the lower leagues and he’s been superb under Harris.

Plenty of lower league players can make the step up. Christ, Brentford are proof of that they have signed plenty of lower league players and improved them.

Whyte just happens to be one player who looks like the step up is too much for him. It happens. That doesn’t mean looking in the lower leagues is futile.
    One Jamie Vardy springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

If we'd signed Nelson for 2m and Whyte for free, you'd be pretty happy. Both from Oxford so I suppose that's one way to look at it. Whyte has zero confidence and I just don't think he's up to it but he's been a pro for 3 seasons so it isn't surprising he's finding it tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If we'd signed Nelson for 2m and Whyte for free, you'd be pretty happy. Both from Oxford so I suppose that's one way to look at it. Whyte has zero confidence and I just don't think he's up to it but he's been a pro for 3 seasons so it isn't surprising he's finding it tough.
    Harsh to judge him on the little ball he had last night, but as much as I could watch while prepping for work...he didn't seem to take his tiny window last night. I don't think he will suit Harris style next season, maybe he needs another year in L1 playing week in week out to get that confidence, maybe he will come back Better after it, but I'd hope by that point we would be a PL team if all goes to plan next year so it may be worth him finding a club this summer.

Hasn't had much of a chance here which is harsh. But that seems to be football.
    Better players have been moved on when a new manager has come in so he's not alone.

I personally don't get the point about if he came on a free either, OK give him a chance if he's signed on a free but as with anyone regardless of price if they aren't cutting it people aren't just going to be happy because they didn't cost anything. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Harsh to judge him on the little ball he had last night, but as much as I could watch while prepping for work...he didn't seem to take his tiny window last night. I don't think he will suit Harris style next season, maybe he needs another year in L1 playing week in week out to get that confidence, maybe he will come back Better after it, but I'd hope by that point we would be a PL team if all goes to plan next year so it may be worth him finding a club this summer.

Hasn't had much of a chance here which is harsh. But that seems to be football.
    Better players have been moved on when a new manager has come in so he's not alone.

I personally don't get the point about if he came on a free either, OK give him a chance if he's signed on a free but as with anyone regardless of price if they aren't cutting it people aren't just going to be happy because they didn't cost anything. Weird.
    We've spent 2m on players from Oxford. One is good, the other isn't. As it happens, Nelson was an absolute steal but they've both come from the same club. Whyte has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do, 0 goals and 1 assist. Last night was bad too, he had a few chances to get it in and he looked like a rabbit in headlights. He's not been making 20 man squads under Harris, he's made his mind up. I'd like to think we could sell to a Peterborough or even back to Oxford but in a COVID world, that may not be possible.

We've spent 2m on players from Oxford. One is good, the other isn't. As it happens, Nelson was an absolute steal but they've both come from the same club. Whyte has had plenty of opportunities to show what he can do, 0 goals and 1 assist. Last night was bad too, he had a few chances to get it in and he looked like a rabbit in headlights. He's not been making 20 man squads under Harris, he's made his mind up. I'd like to think we could sell to a Peterborough or even back to Oxford but in a COVID world, that may not be possible.
    A loan would probably be best - maybe even a promoted club coming into the Championship.
    Let the lad have some game time elsewhere and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    A loan would probably be best - maybe even a promoted club coming into the Championship.
    Let the lad have some game time elsewhere and see how that goes.
    He's 25 in January. I just can't see it myself. Apologies, he's only been a pro for 2 seasons not 3 as I said above.

Maybe FC Copenhagen will buy him for 100m DKk
    or he should put on the pounds that Tomlin lost.

I just didn't see why anyone should be happy just because he was a free. That's how I read your post. Agreed 2 million overall for the 2 is great, I'm happy with 2 on Nelson and Whyte as a free that hasn't cut it 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    One Jamie Vardy springs to mind
    OK, apart from Jamie Vardy, Curtis Nelson, NML, Etheridge, Brentford players, what have ...................

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    OK, apart from Jamie Vardy, Curtis Nelson, NML, Etheridge, Brentford players, what have ...................
    Bournemouth. Jack's. Blades.

Quite the bell.

Sadly Whyte tries hard but there hasn’t been an end product . Nelson most improved player this season ?