+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep, Maybe, Ditch.

Keep, Maybe, Ditch.

Well done to all and particularly the last few weeks.
    We need to move on and get stronger and some players will inevitably have to go as well as the loanees.

Smithies Keep. Keep, keep.
    Etheridge. Maybe. Sell at the right price.
    Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson Keep.
    Bennett. Keep
    Bamba Keep as a player / coach
    Flint Keep.
    Ralls Keep
    Tomlin Keep
    Vaulks Keep
    Pack Ditch
    Whyte. Don’t know.
    Hoilett. Sadly, time to ditch.
    Mendez Laing. Ditch.
    Murphy. Barring a big transition, ditch.
    Paterson. Maybe.
    Ward. Keep
    Glatzel. Keep
    Vassell. Ditch.
    Cunningham. Don’t know.

We need a right back. Another playmaker or two and a 20 a season goal scorer......easy.

Re: Keep, Maybe, Ditch.

I think that you made a mistake at
    Flint as you put Keep but really meant Ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that you made a mistake at
    Flint as you put Keep but really meant Ditch.
    To be honest. Not sure re Flint. If we could replace him with better then yes, ditch.

Smithies - Keep
    Etheridge - Sell
    Bacuna - Keep
    Morrision - Keep
    Nelson - Keep
    Bennett - Keep
    Bamba - Keep as a player / coach
    Flint - Ditch if possible
    Ralls - Keep but jury is out
    Tomlin - Keep
    Vaulks - Keep but jury is out
    Pack - Ditch
    Whyte - Ditch
    Hoilett - Keep
    Mendez Laing - Ditch
    Murphy - Ditch
    Paterson - Ditch
    Ward - Keep as a sub
    Glatzel - Ditch. Not good enough.
    Vassell - Ditch
    Cunningham - Ditch

Get rid of Pack, Flint, Vassell, Whyte and Etheridge

I wouldn't be totally opposed to getting rid of Bennett or Cunningham to free up some cash.

Need a right back and a creative midfielder. I think that should be the priority, not another striker

Getting rid of Bennett and Glatzel would be my first order of business

Smithies Keep.
    Etheridge. Maybe.
    Bacuna. ?
    Morrision. ?
    Nelson Keep.
    Bennett. bye
    Bamba bye bye bamba
    Flint bye
    Ralls ?
    Tomlin Keep
    Vaulks Keep
    Pack bye
    Whyte. bye
    Hoilett. ?
    Mendez Laing. ?
    Murphy. bye
    Paterson. bye
    Ward. bye
    Glatzel. bye
    Vassell. bye

? = not sure

Smithies Keep
    Etheridge. Sell
    Day. Keep
    Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson Keep
    Bennett. Keep
    Bamba Keep
    Flint Sell
    Ralls Keep
    Tomlin Keep
    Vaulks Keep
    Pack Ditch
    Whyte. Sell
    Hoilett. 50:50
    Mendez Laing. Keep
    Murphy. Perhaps a move might be best but sell if we get a good offer
    Paterson. Maybe.
    Ward. Sell
    Glatzel. Sell if we get a good offer
    Vassell. Stuck with him
    Cunningham. Sell if we get a good offer

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Smithies Keep.
    Etheridge. Maybe.
    Bacuna. ?
    Morrision. ?
    Nelson Keep.
    Bennett. bye
    Bamba bye bye bamba
    Flint bye
    Ralls ?
    Tomlin Keep
    Vaulks Keep
    Pack bye
    Whyte. bye
    Hoilett. ?
    Mendez Laing. ?
    Murphy. bye
    Paterson. bye
    Ward. bye
    Glatzel. bye
    Vassell. bye

? = not sure
    Bit of a rebuilding job then. You'd keep 4 players from a squad that just finished fifth?

How are we planning to get rid of all these players who aren't out of contract? They'll be earning good money with us and most clubs below the Premier League aren't going to be handing out bumper deals with the current uncertainty due to coronavirus. Perhaps loaning a few players out and recouping some of their wages is more realistic?

Ralls ? Keep , times 10

At the right price everyone is ditchable. We are a selling club.

Will be interesting to see this transfer market as I genuinely haven’t got a clue who will take a risk

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bit of a rebuilding job then. You'd keep 4 players from a squad that just finished fifth?
    ah come on ..possibly 9 with ?
    i'm no expert i just say what i see, but we must rebuild the side if we want prolonged success

I’d get rid of

Pack
    Glatzel
    Whyte
    Bennett
    Vassell
    Etheridge
    Day
    Flint

I would say Cunningham too, but I’d like to see what he’s like at this level. As we’ve only really seen him in the Premier, where like most, he was out of his depth.

I’d also question the value of Ralls, who’s been pretty anonymous, other than the odd set piece delivery. He’s slow, one paced, can’t pick a killer pass, and has little influence on the game.The team needs two full backs, a creative midfield player who can contribute consistently, unlike Tomlin who isn’t match fit three years down the line, and a striker.

For those moaning about us being linked with Keifer Moore, I’d take him for £2 million. He’s a far bigger goal threat, than anything we have.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    At the right price everyone is ditchable. We are a selling club.

Will be interesting to see this transfer market as I genuinely haven’t got a clue who will take a risk
    Hopefully Boro will spend millions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I’d get rid of

Pack
    Glatzel
    Whyte
    Bennett
    Vassell
    Etheridge
    Day
    Flint

I would say Cunningham too, but I’d like to see what he’s like at this level. As we’ve only really seen him in the Premier, where like most, he was out of his depth.

I’d also question the value of Ralls, who’s been pretty anonymous, other than the odd set piece delivery. He’s slow, one paced, can’t pick a killer pass and has little influence on the game.

The team needs two full backs, a creative midfield player whi can contribute consistently, unlike Tomlin who isn’t match fit three years down the line, and a striker.

For those moaning about us being linked with Keizer Moore, I’d take him fir £2 million. He’s a far bigger goal threat than anything we have.
    For once I totally agree with you. 100%

For once I totally agree with you. 100%
    I do too but depends on value. Bennett and Glatzel will be solid for us when called upon but If we can get a good fee for either, crack on. Both don’t fully fit into our style but I’m not 100% sure where NH is likely to take us style wise

Value over ability.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bennett and Glatzel will be solid for us when called upon.
    Bennett and Glatzel aren’t solid for us, and that’s why they should be offloaded.

I don’t recall every seeing one defender as culpable for so many goals, as Bennett.

He switches off, loses his man, often tackles with the ‘wrong’ foot.

That kamikaze tackle he tried to make when Morrison was already closing the man down, that led to the Derby goal.

He’s a liability. Some people are fooled in to thinking he’s a good because he has good hair and a tattoo sleeve, but he isn’t.

Glatzel is beyond hopeless, a German Madine.

Weak, slow, ineffectual, he did nothing when he came on, had one chance to be a hero, and fluffed his lines again.

He is not a natural goal scorer, and when he moves on it’ll be for an undisclosed fee, as there is zero chance of us getting £5 million back for him.

Fair play to Warnock, nearly £12 million wasted on two absolute duds in Madine and Glatzel.

Bennett and Glatzel aren’t solid for us, and that’s why they should be offloaded.

I don’t recall every seeing one defender as culpable for so many goals, as Bennett.

That kamikaze tackle he tried to make when Morrison was already closing the man down, that led to the Derby goal.

He’s a liability. Some people are fooled in to thinking he’s a good because he has good hair and a tattoo sleeve, but he isn’t.

Weak, slow, ineffectual, he did nothing when he came on, had one chance to be a hero, and fluffed his lines again.

He is not a natural goal scorer, and when he moves on it’ll be for an undisclosed fee, as there is zero chance of us getting £5 million back for him.

Fair play to Warnock, nearly £12 million wasted on two absolute duds in Madine and Glatzel.
    Don't say that to Dembewarrior

Smithies - Keep
    Etheridge - Ditch
    Bacuna - Keep
    Morrision - Keep
    Nelson - Keep
    Bennett - Keep
    Bamba - Keep
    Flint - Ditch
    Ralls - Keep
    Tomlin - Keep
    Vaulks - Keep
    Pack - Ditch
    Whyte - Ditch
    Hoilett - Keep
    Mendez Laing - Keep
    Murphy - Ditch
    Paterson - Ditch
    Ward - Keep
    Glatzel - Keep
    Vassell - Ditch
    Cunningham - Keep

Then I'd bring in a RB, CM, Winger, ST. Sorted.

We’re stuck with the likes of pack and Flint, who on earth is going to pay money for them? I can’t imagine how the club would even try to negotiate a sale for either of them given how much we’d spent on them just 12 months ago. They might get the Madine treatment if tan gets sick of paying their wages. At least Flint can do a job next to Nelson if Morrison ever gets injured.

Hopefully we can get a fee for Etheridge and maybe they is a buyer for Murphy although I’d like him to stay. Whyte should be moved on, and I’d rather not have Dion back.

Calls to ditch 7/8 players is ludicrous, why tear up a squad that has done so well? We need improvements but you can’t replace so many players in such a short period of time.

Ideally we need two full backs, two midfielders, a striker and maybe a winger. If the £2m for Moore rumours are true then I have slight hope Harris has some money to spend even if it’s a small budget, could work out in our favour if clubs are desperate to sell in this climate

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Calls to ditch 7/8 players is ludicrous, why tear up a squad that has done so well? We need improvements but you can’t replace so many players in such a short period of time.
    Malky inherited a skeleton side in 2011 and got a very different squad into the playoffs. That was largely forced on him with the players who had left. Imagine he had inherited all of Jones's squad from the previous season? He would likely have made several changes. Why? Because it had flaws in it that needed correcting.

Same here. If we're going to go for a more possession based game, we're not going to get our current players suddenly upping their passing accuracy stats. Our wingers aren't suddenly going to create more chances for our forwards. Our strikers aren't suddenly going to make better runs or become better finishers.

I disagree slightly with Harris in his assessment that there's more to come from this group. I think it was a professional comment designed as a pat on the back. Last night's win came as a result of reverting more to Warnockball than our more recent passing game. If there is to be a change of approach, it needs a change of personnel.

Malky inherited a skeleton side in 2011 and got a very different squad into the playoffs. That was largely forced on him with the players who had left. Imagine he had inherited all of Jones's squad from the previous season? He would likely have made several changes. Why? Because it had flaws in it that needed correcting.

Same here. If we're going to go for a more possession based game, we're not going to get our current players suddenly upping their passing accuracy stats. Our wingers aren't suddenly going to create more chances for our forwards. Our strikers aren't suddenly going to make better runs or become better finishers.

I disagree slightly with Harris in his assessment that there's more to come from this group. I think it was a professional comment designed as a pat on the back. Last night's win came as a result of reverting more to Warnockball than our more recent passing game. If there is to be a change of approach, it needs a change of personnel.
    Agreed. Yet again, we need to be mindful that a lot of the squad that got us to 5th are getting on a bit.
    The players that we hang on to should be the ones more comfortable in possession and I believe that Murphy and Glatzel are two of those.
    Is it any coincidence that they are less effective when Warnockball is wheeled out?

As you say, Bennett certainly 'looks' the part of a footballer, but that's where it ends. He gets turned inside out too often, backs off constantly and as you also pointed out.. tackles with the 'wrong" foot.

Glatzel is as weak as a kitten, playing in arguably the most physical league in the world.

Time for both to go.

I hope Bamba stays as a coach.
    I think Glatezel will do well next season.
    I would release/sell.

White
    Flint
    Pack
    Patterson
    Cunningly
    Brad Smith ?loan anyway
    Hollet.. age is against him