+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep, Maybe, Ditch.

Re: Keep, Maybe, Ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hopefully Boro will spend millions here.
    THIS is everyone’s hope lol 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Bennett and Glatzel aren’t solid for us, and that’s why they should be offloaded.

I don’t recall every seeing one defender as culpable for so many goals, as Bennett.

He switches off, loses his man, often tackles with the ‘wrong’ foot.

That kamikaze tackle he tried to make when Morrison was already closing the man down, that led to the Derby goal.

He’s a liability. Some people are fooled in to thinking he’s a good because he has good hair and a tattoo sleeve, but he isn’t.

Glatzel is beyond hopeless, a German Madine.

Weak, slow, ineffectual, he did nothing when he came on, had one chance to be a hero, and fluffed his lines again.

He is not a natural goal scorer, and when he moves on it’ll be for an undisclosed fee, as there is zero chance of us getting £5 million back for him.

Fair play to Warnock, nearly £12 million wasted on two absolute duds in Madine and Glatzel.
    I actually quite like Bennett but I have to agree with this post.

It is brutally honest (and funny - the part about Bennett ‘looking’ like a footballer!) although Bobby G can claim to be a tiny bit more effective that Madine as he has actually scored.

But I know exactly what you mean 👍

Smithies Keep.
    Etheridge. Keep unless we get good money then sell.
    Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson Keep.
    Bennett. Keep
    Bamba. Coach or go
    Flint. GET RID
    Ralls. Keep
    Tomlin. Keep
    Vaulks. Keep
    Pack. GET RID
    Whyte. GET RID
    Hoilett. Keep
    Mendez Laing. Keep
    Murphy. Keep
    Paterson. Keep
    Ward. Keep
    Glatzel. Get Rid
    Vassell. Get Rid
    Cunningham. Keep.

It won't be so easy to get rid though on some.

We need a new striker who will score near 20 goals. We need a new right back. A new attacking midfielder. Possibly another CB as cover.

Be nice to get a couple decent loan signings too for the season. Fulham had a few this season.

Also we need to start bring academy players through. Or at least be the cover.

As a few have said, how are people hoping to get rid of these players?

The squad is ageing so it's about brining in players who still have 5 good years and are going to be first teamers. The squad is OK a lot of them got us promoted and nearly kept us in the Premier league.

We have too many players who are of similar ability and none you would stick in as 1st choice every week.

I wouldn't be suprised if have to sell Smithies as we can't afford 2 good keepers but for me he has impressed and if nobody comes in for Etheridge it's about balance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Smithies Keep.
    Etheridge. Keep unless we get good money then sell.
    Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson Keep.
    Bennett. Keep
    Bamba. Coach or go
    Flint. GET RID
    Ralls. Keep
    Tomlin. Keep
    Vaulks. Keep
    Pack. GET RID
    Whyte. GET RID
    Hoilett. Keep
    Mendez Laing. Keep
    Murphy. Keep
    Paterson. Keep
    Ward. Keep
    Glatzel. Get Rid
    Vassell. Get Rid
    Cunningham. Keep.

It won't be so easy to get rid though on some.

We need a new striker who will score near 20 goals. We need a new right back. A new attacking midfielder. Possibly another CB as cover.

Be nice to get a couple decent loan signings too for the season. Fulham had a few this season.

Also we need to start bring academy players through. Or at least be the cover.
    Saves me typing it all again. This except Glatzel - keep & Murphy -sell

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How are we planning to get rid of all these players who aren't out of contract? They'll be earning good money with us and most clubs below the Premier League aren't going to be handing out bumper deals with the current uncertainty due to coronavirus. Perhaps loaning a few players out and recouping some of their wages is more realistic?
    Agree and we should also be using the loan market to fill a couple of key places. Not Sanderson and Smith but show a bit more ambition with better players. Swansea are managing to do it very well. I am hoping Harris May have some connections in and around London (not Millwall)

Smithies Keep
    Etheridge. Sell
    Day. Sell
    Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson Keep
    Bennett. Keep
    Bamba Keep
    Flint Sell
    Ralls Keep
    Tomlin Keep
    Vaulks Keep
    Pack Sell
    Whyte. Sell
    Hoilett. Keep
    Mendez Laing. Keep
    Murphy. Sell
    Paterson. Keep
    Ward. Keep
    Glatzel. Sell if we get a good offer
    Vassell. Sell
    Cunningham. Sell

2 full backs... If not us, I think Sanderson will come good next season for someone.

An Olofinjana type midfielder

A striker but support with someone who plays closer to him rather than always out wide... I think Murphy could develop into a more through the middle type player

Smithies Keep
    Etheridge. Keep
    I'd consider selling one of those if big offer came in

Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson Keep.
    Bennett. Keep
    Bamba I can't see us getting rid of him at his age, but I would if possible

Flint Sell
    Ralls Keep
    Tomlin Keep
    Vaulks Keep
    Pack Sell
    Whyte. Keep
    Hoilett. Sell
    Mendez Laing. Keep
    Murphy. Keep
    Paterson. Keep
    Ward. Is out of contract
    Glatzel. Keep
    Vassell. Keep
    Cunningham. Sell

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ralls - Keep but jury is out

Vaulks - Keep but jury is out

These are both INCREDIBLY harsh and I disagree in the strongest possible terms

Next Season only.

Smithies. Keep.
    Etheridge. Sell for a profit if possible, otherwise, keep.
    Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson. Keep.
    Bennett. Keep
    Bamba. Ditch
    Flint. Ditch
    Ralls. Keep
    Tomlin. Keep
    Vaulks. Keep
    Pack. Ditch
    Whyte. Ditch
    Hoilett. Keep
    Mendez Laing. Keep
    Murphy. Keep
    Paterson. Ditch
    Ward. Keep
    Glatzel. Keep
    Vassell. Ditch.
    Cunningham. Keep.

Realistically and in the cold light of day after our good showing last night I think these will be on their way.
    Etheridge ( for a good fee)
    Day (free)
    Bamba (free) but hopefully stay as coach
    Vassell (free)
    Ward (out of contract joins Boro)
    Murphy(sold for good fee)
    Flint (loan)

Obviously Whyte as well on loan, but I wonder whether Junior will fancy another long slog in the Championship. May want to go home to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Realistically and in the cold light of day after our good showing last night I think these will be on their way.
    Etheridge ( for a good fee)
    Day (free)
    Bamba (free) but hopefully stay as coach
    Vassell (free)
    Ward (out of contract joins Boro)
    Murphy(sold for good fee)
    Flint (loan)
    Why would we let both of our backup goalkeepers leave? We'd just have to sign another one.

Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious. How are we supposed to replace half the squad when the new season starts in 6 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    As you say, Bennett certainly 'looks' the part of a footballer, but that's where it ends. He gets turned inside out too often, backs off constantly and as you also pointed out.. tackles with the 'wrong" foot.

Glatzel is as weak as a kitten, playing in arguably the most physical league in the world.

Time for both to go.
    Argue away please. I see overpaid fancy dans diving every other tackle. F'ing MLS is more physical than this league.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Argue away please. I see overpaid fancy dans diving every other tackle. F'ing MLS is more physical than this league.
    To be honest, I have never watched the MLS, I'll take your word for it. You're right that there are too many who fall and dive in the Championship. However, there's very little breathing space in this division and defenders in particular are more uncompromising in their approach, they tend not to stand off the opposition.

I think its irrelevant who I'd like to see come and go so listening closely to the manager here's what I think will happen.He's already said that there won't be wholesale changes so my guess would be right and left fullbacks that can get forward.Not sure Bennett is Harris's type of fullback so it wouldn't surprise me if he was moved on.We do need supplementing in midfield and I think he'll be governed by who he can shift.We definitely need someone to supplement Tomlin as creativity seems in short supply in our side at the moment though it must be said that Baccuna has been a revelation since we've come back from lockdown and I think we suffered a bit when he was needed to cover the fullback roll.Neil Harris has also said that players that want regular first team football may also be shifted so I guess that tells us that the regular subs and squad players may get the chance to leave for that reason.
    Of the forwards If any are let go it will probably be Danny Ward sadly as he is out of contract though personally I'd give him another 2yr deal.I certainly don't think there is any question of getting rid of Glatzel unless we get a good offer and he wants to go.None of the strikers that have come here over the last 10 years have pulled up any trees and I think thats because of the style of football we have played rather than the quality of the players(Madine excepted)If Harris can fix this problem then he also fixes our strikers chances of getting more goals.
    I was ready to show Valks and Bacunna the door before Harris got here but now its a case of getting one or two bodys in to supplement these players.If Moore comes from Wigan I'd like to see Jamal Lowe too

Smithies Keep.
    Etheridge. Sell if we can get a fee
    Bacuna. Keep
    Morrision. Keep
    Nelson Keep.
    Bennett. Sell if we can get a fee
    Bamba. Ditch
    Flint. Ditch if we can
    Ralls. Keep
    Tomlin. Keep
    Vaulks. Keep
    Pack. Ditch if we can
    Whyte. Sell or loan out
    Hoilett. Keep
    Mendez Laing. Keep
    Murphy. Sell if we can get a fee
    Paterson. Keep
    Ward. Release - end of contract
    Glatzel. Keep - unless we can get out money back
    Vassell. Pay up - whose going to want him.
    Cunningham. Keep.