+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Preston want Kieffer Moore, but his heart is set on joining Cardiff City."

"Preston want Kieffer Moore, but his heart is set on joining Cardiff City."

Re: "Preston want Kieffer Moore, but his heart is set on joining Cardiff City."

Harris should know what takes to be a successful striker and it seems he wanted Moore when at Millwall.

Could be our man

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Harris should know what takes to be a successful striker and it seems he wanted Moore when at Millwall.

Could be our man
    I'm not sure I'd pay £5 million for Moore, but I don't think we could do better for a proven Championship target man at the price Wigan are willing to sell him for. They paid £3 million for him last summer and he's coming off the back of a season where he has scored twelve times for club and country and yet he's available for almost a million pounds less than that.

I don't think anyone should think we're signing a twenty goals a season man, but, unless, we got lucky with a lower league punt or had a young loan striker who did a lot better than expected, we're not going to get one of those for less than £10 million. Moore's got decent feet for a big man and no one could call this season's Wigan side a long ball team, so he can adopt to different ways of playing - I'd be looking at one or two more Wigan players if I were City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not sure I'd pay £5 million for Moore, but I don't think we could do better for a proven Championship target man at the price Wigan are willing to sell him for. They paid £3 million for him last summer and he's coming off the back of a season where he has scored twelve times for club and country and yet he's available for almost a million pounds less than that.

I don't think anyone should think we're signing a twenty goals a season man, but, unless, we got lucky with a lower league punt or had a young loan striker who did a lot better than expected, we're not going to get one of those for less than £10 million. Moore's got decent feet for a big man and no one could call this season's Wigan side a long ball team, so he can adopt to different ways of playing - I'd be looking at one or two more Wigan players if I were City.
    Whatever happens in the close season we're not going to move completely away from a direct element to our game. As target men go, with good feet who can hold the ball up well -and at sensible money - and, seems to want to come here, I'd say yes please..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Whatever happens in the close season we're not going to move completely away from a direct element to our game. As target men go, with good feet who can hold the ball up well -and at sensible money - and, seems to want to come here, I'd say yes please..
    This

and hes also a good age at 27.

Unless we scour the overseas leagues again and get lucky then there may not be many better options at that price.

Sign Kieffer for 2m, and you can always take a punt on someone as well. I'd definitely look at Lowe, Byrne and Morsy. Antonee Robinson would be lovely but he'll go PL.

As long as he scores more for us than his namesake Ronnie, I think he'll do well.

That falla at Charlton, was knocking them in, but I don't like the fact he wouldn't sign an extension.

No loyalty in football these days

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That falla at Charlton, was knocking them in, but I don't like the fact he wouldn't sign an extension.

Would you turn down the chance to double your wage to stay working for the same company?

This is his side of the story

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9548106.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sign Kieffer for 2m, and you can always take a punt on someone as well. I'd definitely look at Lowe, Byrne and Morsy. Antonee Robinson would be lovely but he'll go PL.
    Joe Williams would be a good signing for midfield

I see Kieran Dowell has already gone to Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Didn't realise he was nearing pensioners age.

it's a no from me.

it's a no from me.
    He's 30, so yes he is in football terms. It will be his last 'big' move.

it's a no from me.
    Out of interest, does loyalty work the other way for you? What about if a club doesn't renew a player's contract?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Out of interest, does loyalty work the other way for you? What about if a club doesn't renew a player's contract?
    That's an open question, in it !

Depends on the circumstances doesn't it.

Player my be getting old, injury prone, idle barsteward, shite, attitude, lots of reasons not to extend.

This player and was it Frazer at Bournemouth, had the chance to score the goals, to keep the teams they were supposedly playing for, in higher divisions.

Not saying either is wrong or right, but in my opinion, one should show loyalty. Sometimes it doesn't get you anywhere, but at least you can sleep easily.

Years ago, I worked a month, without any money being paid to me, as the firm I was working for were in trouble. Six months later, after they recovered, wrong thing said, at the wrong time, I walked out. Did I want anything, did I f uck, but that's me, everyone is different, BUT, loyalty goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Joe Williams would be a good signing for midfield

I see Kieran Dowell has already gone to Norwich
    Williams, I knew I'd forgotten someone but thought he was on loan. Dowell has gone to Norwich from Everton, which is fair enough!

What we must realize is that Moore is very good at creating chances for others so he would need back up if his move here was successful. Currently I am not sure any of our players fit the bill so we would need further signings. In this current climate, £2M is a good punt

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Would you turn down the chance to double your wage to stay working for the same company?
    People that don't see this logic baffle me.

Moore has the highest number of aerial duel wins per 90 in the league. Given our reliance on set pieces he would certainly have something to offer.
    (in previous seasons Paterson has been right up there too)
    I'm not his biggest fan, nor does he represent the type of football I'd ideally see us play, but for 2 million I wouldn't be opposed to this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    What we must realize is that Moore is very good at creating chances for others so he would need back up if his move here was successful. Currently I am not sure any of our players fit the bill so we would need further signings. In this current climate, £2M is a good punt
    Maybe an Adam Le Fondre type in addition........well maybe not ! But I know what you mean.

That's an open question, in it !

Depends on the circumstances doesn't it.

Player my be getting old, injury prone, idle barsteward, shite, attitude, lots of reasons not to extend.

This player and was it Frazer at Bournemouth, had the chance to score the goals, to keep the teams they were supposedly playing for, in higher divisions.

Not saying either is wrong or right, but in my opinion, one should show loyalty. Sometimes it doesn't get you anywhere, but at least you can sleep easily.

Years ago, I worked a month, without any money being paid to me, as the firm I was working for were in trouble. Six months later, after they recovered, wrong thing said, at the wrong time, I walked out. Did I want anything, did I f uck, but that's me, everyone is different, BUT, loyalty goes a long way.
    Depends on the circumstances, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Moore has the highest number of aerial duel wins per 90 in the league. Given our reliance on set pieces he would certainly have something to offer.
    (in previous seasons Paterson has been right up there too)
    I'm not his biggest fan, nor does he represent the type of football I'd ideally see us play, but for 2 million I wouldn't be opposed to this at all.
    For 2m today, it's an absolute steal. He holds the ball up and it bounces off Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    For 2m today, it's an absolute steal. He holds the ball up and it bounces off Glatzel.
    Do you mean “it bounces off Paterson’s backside”?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Do you mean “it bounces off Paterson’s backside”?
    Paterson can win headers but that's about it. He also has a habit of coming back shall we say "chunky".

Glatzel can finish but that's about it. Seen more meat on a dirty fork.

Ward is probably the most all round striker but he's not all that.