+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Preston want Kieffer Moore, but his heart is set on joining Cardiff City."

Re: "Preston want Kieffer Moore, but his heart is set on joining Cardiff City."

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Paterson can win headers but that's about it. He also has a habit of coming back shall we say "chunky".

Glatzel can finish but that's about it. Seen more meat on a dirty fork.

Ward is probably the most all round striker but he's not all that.
    A chunky bottom makes a bigger target for a knockdown!

What I don't get in all of this is why QPR and Millwall would agree a fee for Moore and then just not follow it up.
    One maybe but both agreeing then looking elsewhere.

Wages a problem maybe?

Weren't we in for Moore in January but Wigan tried to hold us ransom. Maybe he's waiting for us to make another approach now we can buy him for much cheaper.

I cant see us paying £2m.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I cant see us paying £2m.
    That's it then. Cancel the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Whatever happens in the close season we're not going to move completely away from a direct element to our game. As target men go, with good feet who can hold the ball up well -and at sensible money - and, seems to want to come here, I'd say yes please..
    He ticks a lot of boxes. A target man who can play, wants to come here (allegedly), knows the league and is affordable (allegedly).

Not the most exciting prospect, but sound.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Out of interest, does loyalty work the other way for you? What about if a club doesn't renew a player's contract?
    I think it's a good point. I have more sympathy for players than clubs. Clubs generally just move on to another player. Players have a finite playing life.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    [N]or does he represent the type of football I'd ideally see us play...
    That's the big negative for me. If we sign him it's a statement we are going to carry on with a direct way of playing which always seems to fail in the EPL and can be mind-numbing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    That's the big negative for me. If we sign him it's a statement we are going to carry on with a direct way of playing which always seems to fail in the EPL and can be mind-numbing to watch.
    Do Wales play direct then ? Another poster suggested Wigan don’t play direct either.

Players can adapt and suit different styles of play.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Is that how you would describe Wigan's play this season - especially since the end of lockdown? I haven't watched much of them - but what I did see I wouldn't have described as totally 'direct' and certainly not mind-numbing to watch. They were a good, balanced and flexible side - able to be direct and to play football. I think that also describes the way Harris wants Cardiff to play - and the past 11 games are evidence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not sure I'd pay £5 million for Moore, but I don't think we could do better for a proven Championship target man at the price Wigan are willing to sell him for. They paid £3 million for him last summer and he's coming off the back of a season where he has scored twelve times for club and country and yet he's available for almost a million pounds less than that.

I don't think anyone should think we're signing a twenty goals a season man, but, unless, we got lucky with a lower league punt or had a young loan striker who did a lot better than expected, we're not going to get one of those for less than £10 million. Moore's got decent feet for a big man and no one could call this season's Wigan side a long ball team, so he can adopt to different ways of playing - I'd be looking at one or two more Wigan players if I were City.
    If Etheridge and Day leave, we need a competition for Smithies and David Marshall would certainly do that, Jamal Lowe would be a half decent signing to help provide the ammunition that Kiefer Moore would need, or/and Jed Wallace from Millwall
    I'd like to see Sanderson stay but would need another RB as cover