+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff restore pride, but it’s Fulham who scrape through to Wembley date with Brentford.

Cardiff restore pride, but it’s Fulham who scrape through to Wembley date with Brentford.

Re: Cardiff restore pride, but it’s Fulham who scrape through to Wembley date with Brentford.

I was surprised Vaulks' throw-in misdemeanours were highlighted by the comms. Gunnarsson used to put his toe over the line all the time, even when the lino was standing right next to him. No-one used to take any notice.

Nice write-up, Bob. Enjoy the (shortish) break.

Re: Cardiff restore pride, but it’s Fulham who scrape through to Wembley date with Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I was surprised Vaulks' throw-in misdemeanours were highlighted by the comms. Gunnarsson used to put his toe over the line all the time, even when the lino was standing right next to him. No-one used to take any notice.

As long as part of the foot is touching the touchline, it isn't a foul throw

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
    stand facing the field of play
    have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
    throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...--the-throw-in

Ironically there was a foul throw given against Fulham last night. Not for overstepping but for the schoolboy type error of not launching it from behind your head, it’s surprising how often this happens and is never picked up by the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    As long as part of the foot is touching the touchline, it isn't a foul throw

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
    stand facing the field of play
    have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
    throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...--the-throw-in
    Have part of each foot on the touchline but not over it?

Edit: Never mind.
    I am surprised the commentators picked up on it though, when it was fine!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ironically there was a foul throw given against Fulham last night. Not for overstepping but for the schoolboy type error of not launching it from behind your head, it’s surprising how often this happens and is never picked up by the officials.
    Biggest bug bear of mine, although that one was particularly poor!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Biggest bug bear of mine, although that one was particularly poor!
    Bloody annoys me too, I’ve shouted for a foul throw a few times down the City and other fans have looked at me with puzzled faces, it’s as though foul throws have been accepted for so long now that few fans recognise them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post