Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Agreed about schools and if having them open means having pubs shut, then so be it.

Not so sure about not going ahead with the 2020/21 season though. In saying that, player, match officials and club staff safety has to be the first priority and if new cases were to start heading towards March and April levels, then all sport should cease. If they don't however, I think some sort of consultation should be done with supporters from all clubs to see what the response is to football behind closed doors and if fans of clubs in the lower leagues would be willing to see season ticket money going towards paying to watch matches online in the same way that I suspect large numbers of supporters of clubs in the Premier League and Championship have been doing in recent weeks.

I've not been bothered by the lack of supporters in the ground as much as I thought I would and, although we're not talking about a large sample here by any means, that's tended to be the view of people who I've spoken to on the subject as well.
So far, football has only resumed in the PL and Championship in this country. In both leagues, there is a substantial amount of cash coming from TV companies.

However, the same cannot be said for L1, L2, and the National Conference. What are the benefits of those clubs spending money to host games when there is no cash coming in, and no TV money to make any of it worthwhile?