+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

Season Tickets

I've seen that initially they were not offering any refund even if you could not attend.
    I then saw mention of there having been a rethink.

Given the recent Covid update with Boris basically saying attendance will have been delayed further what is the official stance from the club on this?

Think it was and is an important issue to many where circumstances are uncertain for the fans as well as the club.

Banned

Re: Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I've seen that initially they were not offering any refund even if you could not attend.
    I then saw mention of there having been a rethink.

Given the recent Covid update with Boris basically saying attendance will have been delayed further what is the official stance from the club on this?

Think it was and is an important issue to many where circumstances are uncertain for the fans as well as the club.
    I can't see this affecting the club's current stance (no refunds, just extra credits)

However, it seems possible that some fans may spend money on a season ticket and see no games.

I can't take that risk, personally, and don't fancy the club sitting on my cash where I may need it suddenly because of job losses.

Buy a ticket at your own risk. I do question the legality of selling tickets to events that the club may be unable to satisfy.

I maybe worded the original post incorrectly but have the club changed their stance at all or are they still basically saying 'not able to attend then no refund'.

As I understand the current offering is "free" i-follow if fixtures are behind closed doors, no refund, no credits.

I didn’t use my voucher for my season ticket so it’s been added to my account,at this rate I’ll be kitted out better than Neil Harris.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53610375

Boris Johnson says fans not allowed at sports pilot events as planned

Chris Whitty's remarks yesterday about them having gone as far as they can in easing restrictions in England surely means that we won't have the chance to attend matches in October as originally planned because Drakeford and co won't go against what they are doing in England even in the unlikely event of the Football League being okay about Welsh grounds opening while English ones stayed shut - I'll be amazed if City fans get the chance to see their team play in the flesh in 2020 and it's hard to see it happening in the early months of 2021 as well.

There has to be a doubt if matches will continue to be played if new cases keep on rising at the rate they have been in the last ten days or so.

They need to offer online iFollow season tickets but this means the EFL need to approve this asap. Perhaps they could offer home and away season tickets so clubs get income from home and away fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Chris Whitty's remarks yesterday about them having gone as far as they can in easing restrictions in England surely means that we won't have the chance to attend matches in October as originally planned because Drakeford and co won't go against what they are doing in England even in the unlikely event of the Football League being okay about Welsh grounds opening while English ones stayed shut - I'll be amazed if City fans get the chance to see their team play in the flesh in 2020 and it's hard to see it happening in the early months of 2021 as well.

There has to be a doubt if matches will continue to be played if new cases keep on rising at the rate they have been in the last ten days or so.
    I may be wrong, but it appeared that it may be at a trade-off point now. i.e. for kids to go to school in England in September, they may have to consider closing cinemas or pubs (for example).

It really has to be a priority for kids to be back in school in September. If I was a parent, I would be hugely concerned about home schooling continuing for the rest of 2020. Hopefully, in Wales, this isn't in jeopardy as there has been a more deliberate step by step easing of restrictions.

As regards football matches, I can't see anything better than grounds at 20% capacity with no away fans for the upcoming season. I hope I am wrong but, in all honesty, how is football going to survive this in the Lower Leagues? How many people are employed by football clubs from Championship level down?

Let's say Cardiff offer full credit for 2021/22 in the event that some (if not all) season ticket holders couldn't make any games in 2020/21. Then, the financial burden has only been delayed 12 months. Even if clubs are back at full capacity in 2021/22, the financial burden will stretch a season or two on.

It really is time for pragmatism. I see no point in starting 2020/21 if fans can't get in. In fact, I think it's important to address it because a lot of people are forking out a lot of money for something that cannot be delivered nationally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    They need to offer online iFollow season tickets but this means the EFL need to approve this asap. Perhaps they could offer home and away season tickets so clubs get income from home and away fans.
    They need to do something pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I may be wrong, but it appeared that it may be at a trade-off point now. i.e. for kids to go to school in England in September, they may have to consider closing cinemas or pubs (for example).

It really has to be a priority for kids to be back in school in September. If I was a parent, I would be hugely concerned about home schooling continuing for the rest of 2020. Hopefully, in Wales, this isn't in jeopardy as there has been a more deliberate step by step easing of restrictions.

As regards football matches, I can't see anything better than grounds at 20% capacity with no away fans for the upcoming season. I hope I am wrong but, in all honesty, how is football going to survive this in the Lower Leagues? How many people are employed by football clubs from Championship level down?

Let's say Cardiff offer full credit for 2021/22 in the event that some (if not all) season ticket holders couldn't make any games in 2020/21. Then, the financial burden has only been delayed 12 months. Even if clubs are back at full capacity in 2021/22, the financial burden will stretch a season or two on.

It really is time for pragmatism. I see no point in starting 2020/21 if fans can't get in. In fact, I think it's important to address it because a lot of people are forking out a lot of money for something that cannot be delivered nationally.
    Agreed about schools and if having them open means having pubs shut, then so be it.

Not so sure about not going ahead with the 2020/21 season though. In saying that, player, match officials and club staff safety has to be the first priority and if new cases were to start heading towards March and April levels, then all sport should cease. If they don't however, I think some sort of consultation should be done with supporters from all clubs to see what the response is to football behind closed doors and if fans of clubs in the lower leagues would be willing to see season ticket money going towards paying to watch matches online in the same way that I suspect large numbers of supporters of clubs in the Premier League and Championship have been doing in recent weeks.

I've not been bothered by the lack of supporters in the ground as much as I thought I would and, although we're not talking about a large sample here by any means, that's tended to be the view of people who I've spoken to on the subject as well.

A lot of people might be thinking that this is perhaps the only way they can help their club through a time of financial crisis. Okay, that may not apply to our club, but I bet there are a fair few lower divisions clubs desperate for any cash they can get.

It really is time for pragmatism. I see no point in starting 2020/21 if fans can't get in.
    Oh do **** off, you tedious, miserable ****. You've been absolutely revelling in this situation from day one and it appears you're actually enjoying the prospect of things getting worse again.

Football's restart has given many, many thousands of people a much-needed lift, some fine entertainment and some excitement during very difficult times. The authorities have done a great job, as have the clubs by and large, the medical protocols have been followed and absolutely no harm has been done. On the contrary the whole thing has been very positive under the circumstances.

Now you're back on your high horse stating that 2020/21 shouldn't start unless fans can get in. If people don't have the money to pay for tickets they may never use, they won't buy them. If, however, they are content to part with their cash under the current circumstances, then that's their choice. Personally, I wouldn't even consider it, but if people want to buy season tickets, so be it. Thankfully, you're in no position to dictate what people can and can't do.

TLG accusing somebody of being on their high horse while being on by far the largest steed that dwarfs all others round these parts.

I wait with baited breath for him to take the moral high ground and/or question somebody's intelligence while mentioning his daily delving into a dictionary.

I may be wrong, but it appeared that it may be at a trade-off point now. i.e. for kids to go to school in England in September, they may have to consider closing cinemas or pubs (for example)..
    Nah, school's don't make money, pubs do.

Never underestimate the Conservative Party's commitment to profit before lives

Banned

TLG accusing somebody of being on their high horse while being on by far the largest steed that dwarfs all others round these parts.

I wait with baited breath for him to take the moral high ground and/or question somebody's intelligence while mentioning his daily delving into a dictionary.
    I've long put him on ignore, I just hope he didn't spend too much of his valuable time writing to me.

His inability to discuss an opinion that differs from his without getting all sweary is amusing for a short time but it quickly became tiring.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed about schools and if having them open means having pubs shut, then so be it.

Not so sure about not going ahead with the 2020/21 season though. In saying that, player, match officials and club staff safety has to be the first priority and if new cases were to start heading towards March and April levels, then all sport should cease. If they don't however, I think some sort of consultation should be done with supporters from all clubs to see what the response is to football behind closed doors and if fans of clubs in the lower leagues would be willing to see season ticket money going towards paying to watch matches online in the same way that I suspect large numbers of supporters of clubs in the Premier League and Championship have been doing in recent weeks.

I've not been bothered by the lack of supporters in the ground as much as I thought I would and, although we're not talking about a large sample here by any means, that's tended to be the view of people who I've spoken to on the subject as well.
    So far, football has only resumed in the PL and Championship in this country. In both leagues, there is a substantial amount of cash coming from TV companies.

However, the same cannot be said for L1, L2, and the National Conference. What are the benefits of those clubs spending money to host games when there is no cash coming in, and no TV money to make any of it worthwhile?

Stop whinging and just buy a season ticket, you big plastic gammon.

I've long put him on ignore.....
    Of course you have.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nah, school's don't make money, pubs do.

Never underestimate the Conservative Party's commitment to profit before lives
    That much is evident as in Northern England you can't meet a mate in a house, but you can meet all your mates in a pub. Completely hopeless Government.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Stop whinging and just buy a season ticket, you big plastic gammon.

I'm in two minds.

I might wait for the free ones that are floating about.
    You seem to get plenty of them.

Banned

I'm in two minds.

I might wait for the free ones that are floating about.
    You seem to get plenty of them.

Have we got the club we deserve yet?

I might wait for the free ones that are floating about. You seem to get plenty of them.
    You’ve got to have lots of friends for that to work. Besides, a free seat on your own sofa is unlikely to be much benefit.

You’ve got to have lots of friends for that to work. Besides, a free seat on your own sofa is unlikely to be much benefit.

Go and play with your spiders.

If, however, they are content to part with their cash under the current circumstances, then that's their choice.
    Thankfully, you're in no position to dictate what people can and can't do.
    Has this prick had an epiphany, or has he moved from shite sarcasm to unintended irony for his kicks.