+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Exeter Chiefs To Drop Its Mascot

Exeter Chiefs To Drop Its Mascot

can we still sing Wig Wam Bang by the Sweet , or Brown Sugar, just wondering as I'm off to a 70,80 Disco

Re: Exeter Chiefs To Drop Its Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    can we still sing Wig Wam Bang by the Sweet , or Brown Sugar, just wondering as I'm off to a 70,80 Disco
    I'm off to a 50s rock n' roll night, what about Johnny Preston's 'Running Bear'?

Or if you know your Northern Soul, Manny Corchado - Pow-Pow?

Apparently native Americans have been going crazy over this for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Apparently native Americans have been going crazy over this for a long time.
    I know Exeter police were called out to stop them pulling down their stadium .

Hope Brian Connolly' statue is safe

Technically there's nothing wrong with "Chiefs". It's not a racist or derogatory term. "Redskins" however.....

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ef-rugby-union

Exeter have been known informally as the Chiefs for some 100 years. The nickname was adopted because of a tradition of clubs in Devon at the time to refer to their first teams as the Chiefs but in 1999, four years after professionalism, a rebranding led to the introduction of the existing badge and mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm off to a 50s rock n' roll night, what about Johnny Preston's 'Running Bear'?

Or if you know your Northern Soul, Manny Corchado - Pow-Pow?
    Yeah I do know my Northern Soul and I can assure you that's a latin tune never ever played at clubs like Wigan.

No one on this website cared about what the Exeter Chiefs had as their mascot before they changed it so why start now

cockney rebel...where they cockneys?
    The Jam ..where they conserved fruit?
    The police...were they really policemen?

just sayin'

Where are they going to drop him from and how high?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    cockney rebel...where they cockneys?
    The Jam ..where they conserved fruit?
    The police...were they really policemen?

just sayin'
    Who, What, When, Where

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yeah I do know my Northern Soul and I can assure you that's a latin tune never ever played at clubs like Wigan.
    I never made it to Wigan matey, but I have heard it at a dozen or more Northern Soul venues in the past ten years

Soul music (often referred to simply as soul) is a popular music genre that originated in the African American community throughout the United States in the 1950s and early 1960s. It combines elements of African-American gospel music, rhythm and blues and jazz. Soul music became popular for dancing and listening in the United States, where record labels such as Motown, Atlantic and Stax were influential during the Civil Rights Movement. Soul also became popular around the world, directly influencing rock music and the music of Africa.

Are they even northern?