+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Bolger back to Shamrock Rovers

Aaron Bolger back to Shamrock Rovers

On loan.
    Not sure the lads got a future with us.

Re: Aaron Bolger back to Shamrock Rovers

But that Irish fella said he was class?

Or with football starting again in Ireland this weekend and going on until the end of October, City figure that it's better having someone who missed a lot of games through injury in 19/20 playing regular games so he's fully match fit when he arrives back in November?

Not sure how people who I'm guessing have barely seen him play can say he has no future with us.

he's still really young, and playing time is always good

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Or with football starting again in Ireland this weekend and going on until the end of October, City figure that it's better having someone who missed a lot of games through injury in 19/20 playing regular games so he's fully match fit when he arrives back in November?

Not sure how people who I'm guessing have barely seen him play can say he has no future with us.
    Thanks for putting me in my place Bob. 😀
    I had forgotten that Bulger had been out. As you say, move best for all parties.
    You have seen him in the reserves, what is your opinion of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Thanks for putting me in my place Bob. 😀
    I had forgotten that Bulger had been out. As you say, move best for all parties.
    You have seen him in the reserves, what is your opinion of him?
    Errr Bolger..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Errr Bolger..
    🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    🤨
    Well ones a footballer..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Well ones a footballer..
    I am aware of the significance of my spelling faux pas.

Never seen the lad play , I guess you keep taking a punt on these type of players and prey you unearth a gem , suppose the Vardy story is one ??

Never seen the lad play but surely all this “next Roy Keane” Bollock doesn’t help.

If he really was the next Roy Keane he would be around the first team at his age -20 not going back to a pub league to get experience.

Padraig? Are you there?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Never seen the lad play but surely all this “next Roy Keane” Bollock doesn’t help.

If he really was the next Roy Keane he would be around the first team at his age -20 not going back to a pub league to get experience.
    Also, if he was the next Roy Keane he’d be beating up teenage boy’s, slagging off his team mates on tv, intentionally injuring opposition players and telling Neil Harris to “stick it up his bolok”.

Watching some of our more impressive Academy midfield players in recent years, it's often been a case of thinking, they look very good at this level, but are they physically and mentally mature enough to cope when playing against men? Aaron Bolger is a year or two older than most of those lads and it shows in that, although not powerfully built, he has something about him that says he would not have a problem in that respect and he appears to have the mental toughness to cope. He's also pretty shrewd when it comes to things like positioning and anticipation and I've seen him play a holding role or pushed further forward - to me he seems better suited to a more defensive role.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Never seen the lad play , I guess you keep taking a punt on these type of players and prey you unearth a gem , suppose the Vardy story is one ??
    They use Euros now.

We've released him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've released him.
    Pray for Padraig

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Pray for Padraig
    … and Louth (or was he the same guy?)….

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've released him.
    My view is he just didn't kick on and make as much progress as some of our younger players who are now knocking on the first team door.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    My view is he just didn't kick on and make as much progress as some of our younger players who are now knocking on the first team door.
    perhaps if he'd joined the club when there was a pathway into the first team as there has been for the last 6 months then he would have kicked on.
    all the players we've brought through recently have done ok. none have looked out of their depth, it does make you wonder who else could have made it if only they were given a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    perhaps if he'd joined the club when there was a pathway into the first team as there has been for the last 6 months then he would have kicked on.
    all the players we've brought through recently have done ok. none have looked out of their depth, it does make you wonder who else could have made it if only they were given a chance
    Fair point.

I shudder to think of the players who we didn't develop as well as we should have or expose to first team football in recent years (over a decade really) because we have had a prehistoric attitude to youth and player development.

I mean, what was the point in us even having an academy over the last decade.. what a waste of money if the return on investment was less than nothing.

Glad things are changing.