+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Heads Up FA Cup: Robin Van Persie "its easy to look good playing deep as a midfielder...

The Heads Up FA Cup: Robin Van Persie "its easy to look good playing deep as a midfielder...

... its when you get forward you test yourself"

Never thought of it that simply, but sitting back and picking passes ahead of you should be a pretty basic task for a decent midfielder. So why haven't we had one for so long?

Re: FA Cup: Robin Van Persie "its easy to look good playing deep as a midfielder...

I would like the title edited please to say "The Heads Up FA Cup" as it has been renamed, which I forgot, for Mental Health Awareness. Cheers mods.

You're sharp enough to delete single posts, this one's worth the moding effort.

Re: The Heads Up FA Cup: Robin Van Persie "its easy to look good playing deep as a midfielder...

When you got players willing to move for you it is.

That's why I don't particularly rate Leon britton he was just in a system that suited him 100%

Its also about having discipline as well and making yourself available.

Re: The Heads Up FA Cup: Robin Van Persie "its easy to look good playing deep as a midfielder...

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    When you got players willing to move for you it is.

That's why I don't particularly rate Leon britton he was just in a system that suited him 100%

Its also about having discipline as well and making yourself available.
    Totally.

But we haven't had one for years, yet you have people live RVP saying Ceballos looks good there but he maybe needs to test himself further forward where it is harder. Basically saying any decent player can sit back and ping balls. So why haven't we had one for years?

he's bang on the money with that statement

one of the reasons many top level midfielders have such a high pass rate . When i see stats for pass rate it would be interesting to break down the pass rates in the oppositions half not just passing side to side in your own half .

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Totally.

But we haven't had one for years, yet you have people live RVP saying Ceballos looks good there but he maybe needs to test himself further forward where it is harder. Basically saying any decent player can sit back and ping balls. So why haven't we had one for years?
    we had whitts could ping a ball 40 yards or 14 yards with that left peg . No one in the history of our club could come anywhere close

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I would like the title edited please to say "The Heads Up FA Cup" as it has been renamed, which I forgot, for Mental Health Awareness. Cheers mods.

You're sharp enough to delete single posts, this one's worth the moding effort.
    I missed the start did that relace black lives which is dragging on a bit and may lose its purpose if some stop ??

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    we had whitts could ping a ball 40 yards or 14 yards with that left peg . No one in the history of our club could come anywhere close
    ahem to that, I've never seen his passing and dead ball skills .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I missed the start did that relace black lives which is dragging on a bit and may lose its purpose if some stop ??
    Don't bring your political bollocks here. Thanks.

he's bang on the money with that statement

one of the reasons many top level midfielders have such a high pass rate . When i see stats for pass rate it would be interesting to break down the pass rates in the oppositions half not just passing side to side in your own half .
    I know. But we haven't seemed to have one for a while... Which is why I made the thread.

McPhail?

Ivor?

What i think he's saying is that it's easier to play when you can see everything in front of you, he may have a point. Defending is certainly easier than attacking in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ivor?
    Koumas could hit a blade of grass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    McPhail?
    He was very good especially down through the channels, just think Whitts had the edge certainly from dead ball situations, penalty taking was some else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Koumas could hit a blade of grass as well.
    Jason Fowler, another who could pick a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What i think he's saying is that it's easier to play when you can see everything in front of you, he may have a point. Defending is certainly easier than attacking in my opinion.
    He made reference to passing.