+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Breaking news this evening

Re: Eddie Howe set to leave Bournemouth

Re: Eddie Howe set to leave Bournemouth

Confirmed

“I feel blessed to be able to leave the club with memories that will last a lifetime. Survival in 2009 followed by promotions in 2010, 2013 and 2015, leading to five fantastic years in the Premier League, are of course some of the major highlights,”

"I know how much you’re all hurting. I’m hurting with you. I will never forget the fantastic affection you have always shown to me and my family. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You helped the club survive in its darkest hour and deserve every success”

Re: Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

I hope he finds success at his next club he seems a decent modern manager .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I hope he finds success at his next club he seems a decent modern manager .
    He’s a top Manager and a top guy and will soon get another job in the Premier League or even abroad! His success with a small club like Bournemouth will take some beating, from the bottom of Division 2 to five years in the Premier League! Even Tosh couldn’t match that and he eventually managed Real Madrid twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He’s a top Manager and a top guy and will soon get another job in the Premier League or even abroad! His success with a small club like Bournemouth will take some beating, from the bottom of Division 2 to five years in the Premier League! Even Tosh couldn’t match that and he eventually managed Real Madrid twice!
    I do think he has done amazing work hope he gets a top job

they are dropping like flies

He will be back there in 2-3 seasons having failed elsewhere. Just one of those managers. He missed his chance to progress now.

This would have been an ideal club for Warnock - with an 11,000 capacity, he could play the “plucky little Bournemouth” card for all eternity!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    This would have been an ideal club for Warnock - with an 11,000 capacity, he could play the “plucky little Bournemouth” card for all eternity!

The stands are to low, no-one would be able to catch sight of the ball.

For me, being the man who took a club like Bournemouth down is as nothing compared to saving them from going out of the Football league, then getting them three promotions before surviving for five seasons in the Premier League - Eddie Howe is a manager of some substance and, if he is minded to only seek a new job in the Premier League, I don't think he'll have to wait too long to be offered one.

However, his failure at Burnley is a strange one and does raise the odd doubt about how he'd do when away from Bournemouth - he did bring Keiran Trippier, Ben Mee and Junior Stanislas to Burnley mind, so his time with them was hardly a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It's absolutely crazy that they've only got 11000 capacity

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The stands are to low, no-one would be able to catch sight of the ball.
    o+

They have however spent a lot of money on players who haven't done much, Ibe and Solanke spring to mind. I expect Brooks will go to a PL tam this window. Shame, but they will have to sell most off the squad. He is a really good manager though.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    They have however spent a lot of money on players who haven't done much, Ibe and Solanke spring to mind. I expect Brooks will go to a PL tam this window. Shame, but they will have to sell most off the squad. He is a really good manager though.
    This for me, good motivator, shite in the high end transfer market.

If he left Bournemouth by mutual consent it sounds as though he was sacked. If so, that is unbelievable considering his achievements with that club.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's absolutely crazy that they've only got 11000 capacity
    Why the hell did they not invest in the stadium?

That's an interesting one. Mutual consent? Why would the club agree to that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's an interesting one. Mutual consent? Why would the club agree to that?
    Maybe they are respecting his opinion that it's time for him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Why the hell did they not invest in the stadium?
    Maybe they thought if they even went to 22000 they couldn't fill it? 11000 is crazy low even for a Championship team though

Tough decision I reckon for a traditionally lower league club, do we expand or not? History shows that clubs eventually return to their place in the pecking order, and crowds return to pre top flight days and the prospect of a white elephant of a half filled stadium that still has to be paid for is the stuff of nightmares. I know Bournemouth did spend a few bob, they had to, haven’t they just sold a player for £40 million to Man City though? but, especially in these dodgy times for smaller clubs, they may have ensured the future of the club with the Premier League money and no ground debt millstone around their neck.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tough decision I reckon for a traditionally lower league club, do we expand or not? History shows that clubs eventually return to their place in the pecking order, and crowds return to pre top flight days and the prospect of a white elephant of a half filled stadium that still has to be paid for is the stuff of nightmares. I know Bournemouth did spend a few bob, they had to, haven’t they just sold a player for £40 million to Man City though? but, especially in these dodgy times for smaller clubs, they may have ensured the future of the club with the Premier League money and no ground debt millstone around their neck.
    Probably get near 20 million for Brooks, 15 million for one of the strikers as well if not both. Bournemouth could have quite a fair amount of money to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Probably get near 20 million for Brooks, 15 million for one of the strikers as well if not both. Bournemouth could have quite a fair amount of money to play with.
    I'm not sure Brooks played enough last year for someone to spend that amount of money on him. He was out for a long time with an injury, clubs might hedge their bets and wait to see how he gets on next season before splashing out

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Depends on their ambitions I suppose. Good managers are hard to come by. Howe will be hard to replace. I'm not sure how many of their squad have relegation clauses, but they might find it very hard to attract new players.

Top man. My kid played against his kid, CCFC ADC v Bournemouth ADC, last summer. Fair play, he came along to watch and ended up having selfies with a lot of happy Cardiff youngsters even though they had hammered his kid’s team.