+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Big Match revisited

The Big Match revisited

Anyone watching?

Chelsea v Hull last day of the 76/77 season. Chelsea already promoted and 3 pitch invasions already during the game.
    Crazy times to watch football.

Re: The Big Match revisited

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Anyone watching?

Chelsea v Hull last day of the 76/77 season. Chelsea already promoted and 3 pitch invasions already during the game.
    Crazy times to watch football.
    Having been kicked by a Chelsea fan as I walked past the Grandstand on Sloper Road before they played City earlier that season, I was not too bothered to see Chelsea promoted only to then be chased along Tudor Road after the match the next time they played here following their all too quick relegation - those are the only times I've ever felt in any sort of danger during my time supporting City.

I think I've probably seen all of those Big Match revisited programmes now - they're on BT 3 most breakfast times, but they only ever show the programmes from four seasons I think it is and so they soon start getting repeated.

One thing watching all of those highlights shows taught me was just how crap London football was in the mid to late 70s - there was a Spurs v Arsenal match from 74/75 shown that had Arsenal bottom of the First Division and Spurs one place above them!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Having been kicked by a Chelsea fan as I walked past the Grandstand on Sloper Road before they played City earlier that season, I was not too bothered to see Chelsea promoted only to then be chased along Tudor Road after the match the next time they played here following their all too quick relegation - those are the only times I've ever felt in any sort of danger during my time supporting City.

I think I've probably seen all of those Big Match revisited programmes now - they're on BT 3 most breakfast times, but they only ever show the programmes from four seasons I think it is and so they soon start getting repeated.

One thing watching all of those highlights shows taught me was just how crap London football was in the mid to late 70s - there was a Spurs v Arsenal match from 74/75 shown that had Arsenal bottom of the First Division and Spurs one place above them!
    The quality of the pitches was a big factor I think in the lack of quality in the football. Most of the time they seemed to be playing on sand or a badly cut up rugby pitch.
    Watching it yesterday aswell, at the final whistle at I think Molineux, 2 fans wrestled a player to the ground just to steal the shirt off of his back. Security for the players was virtually nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The quality of the pitches was a big factor I think in the lack of quality in the football. Most of the time they seemed to be playing on sand or a badly cut up rugby pitch.
    Watching it yesterday aswell, at the final whistle at I think Molineux, 2 fans wrestled a player to the ground just to steal the shirt off of his back. Security for the players was virtually nonexistent.
    Yes, never mind the football, they're well worth persevering with for that sort of thing alone.

Spooky!! Before coming on the forum this morning I was logging in on the ITV hub to watch yesterday’s, West Ham v Derby on, Pike just scored for West Ham.........don’t tell him though!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Spooky!! Before coming on the forum this morning I was logging in on the ITV hub to watch yesterday’s, West Ham v Derby on, Pike just scored for West Ham.........don’t tell him though!

Leighton, the lollipop msn just equalised for Derby, lovely free kick mind.

Leighton, the lollipop msn just equalised for Derby, lovely free kick mind.
    Do you want me to tell you the score?

Do you want me to tell you the score?
    I’ve avoided it to keep me interested but, no doubt, you’ve got yesterday’s Football Echo in front of you

Chelsea v Sheffield Utd, Chelsea fans singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’

Chelsea v Sheffield Utd, Chelsea fans singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’
    May well have been singing 'You'll never walk again' to the opposition fans.