+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you like going to the pub ?

Re: Do you like going to the pub ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've been like it since i was a kid, it gets worse when i'm in positions where i don't feel comfortable or restricted, there aren't many people who i associate with, but if i do then i trust them and respect them, they're usually a bit nuts as well, which helps. I don't want to change myself to much, i just wish i could spend the day doing nothing like so many other people seem to do. An example-I mixed and laid 3 tonne of concrete yesterday in my kitchen floor, cleaned up, had a shower then did a 10 k run, came home, had some food, didn't get to sleep until 3am. Up at 7 this morning, went and did a job in Llandaff, pulled aceiling down and re boarded it, came home, tidied the house, cut the grass and had a go at the windows. That's a pretty standard weekend-i can't keep ****ing still!
    Bloody hell you must be 7 stone and fit as a frog! I envy you; I'm the complete opposite: I'm an overweight lazy twat and always have been. I procrastinate all the time,and when I'm not doing that I'm putting things off. I wish I could motivate myself to do things but I can always think of reasons not too and I could relax for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Wasthere View Post
    Love a decent pub rather then “bars” - too many pubs falling by the wayside nowadays
    Totally agree, you can't beat an old fashioned country pub with real ale

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cardiff City , Fishing , Music , Live Bands , Curry , Walking , Films at home with a cup of tea , Alan Partridge
    What's happened to the wanking? Don't tell me you've given it up?

bar , etc ?

I dont

Apart from the eye candy most pubs are overpriced

I can't stand them on rugby International day

And in the middle of the week the bar seems to be propped up by boring blokes who have just finished work and are having a pint , or three , before going home or in the case of the really interesting types , spending the whole evening boring the pants off everybody with their life stories or jokes or ideas to bring back hanging

I would rather go and see a band
    Only with my mates and if I can sit down, and it isn’t noisy and busy, and ideally with table service.

So no in other words!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Bloody hell you must be 7 stone and fit as a frog! I envy you; I'm the complete opposite: I'm an overweight lazy twat and always have been. I procrastinate all the time,and when I'm not doing that I'm putting things off. I wish I could motivate myself to do things but I can always think of reasons not too and I could relax for Wales
    Problem is that a lot of the time i don't want to do the things that i do, it's like an addiction, if i don't fill my day up being busy then i feel really bad that i haven't done anything productive, It can also leave me feeling a bit depressed. It's like i don't know what else to do with my spare time. Saturday was a bit extreme. I'm 48 in a few weeks, it's not good sometimes, it's a running joke with the neighbours I've been offered relaxation techniques and all that but i can't sit still long enough to do them.

I've been like it since i was a kid, it gets worse when i'm in positions where i don't feel comfortable or restricted, there aren't many people who i associate with, but if i do then i trust them and respect them, they're usually a bit nuts as well, which helps. I don't want to change myself to much, i just wish i could spend the day doing nothing like so many other people seem to do. An example-I mixed and laid 3 tonne of concrete yesterday in my kitchen floor, cleaned up, had a shower then did a 10 k run, came home, had some food, didn't get to sleep until 3am. Up at 7 this morning, went and did a job in Llandaff, pulled aceiling down and re boarded it, came home, tidied the house, cut the grass and had a go at the windows. That's a pretty standard weekend-i can't keep ****ing still!
    Putting that energy into positive things as you do is alright. I know a few people like you, struggle to get to sleep is the main issue they have, some drink to knock out, some don’t and just make do on 4/5 hours. Weed tends to have the opposite affect as you get older, it used to make you chill out when young, but freak out when old. Used to dabble but never was a smoker so gave it up 15 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Putting that energy into positive things as you do is alright. I know a few people like you, struggle to get to sleep is the main issue they have, some drink to knock out, some don’t and just make do on 4/5 hours. Weed tends to have the opposite affect as you get older, it used to make you chill out when young, but freak out when old. Used to dabble but never was a smoker so gave it up 15 years ago....
    I suppose you're right. It's difficult when my missus wants to do something relaxing or where i have to concentrate for quite a long period. It's hard work and a bit embarrassing at times as i start getting a bit disruptive

When i was in school they'd send me out with the caretaker instead of lessons sometimes, i'd be weeding the flower beds and sweeping the yard, i was a disaster in lessons. I wasn't stupid though, although i'm not saying that i'm the brightest.

I suppose you're right. It's difficult when my missus wants to do something relaxing or where i have to concentrate for quite a long period. It's hard work and a bit embarrassing at times as i start getting a bit disruptive

When i was in school they'd send me out with the caretaker instead of lessons sometimes, i'd be weeding the flower beds and sweeping the yard, i was a disaster in lessons. I wasn't stupid though, although i'm not saying that i'm the brightest.
    You mentioned ADHD earlier, were you ever diagnosed with it?

Get Tuerto started on a vaccine and we can put all this behind us by Christmas by the sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You mentioned ADHD earlier, were you ever diagnosed with it?
    Never diagnosed, although the doctor said that it sounded like i may have it. My missus and my mother are certain that i have it.

Never diagnosed, although the doctor said that it sounded like i may have it. My missus and my mother are certain that i have it.
    My son (now 12 years old) has it quite badly; domestic life is a constant strain, with one of the comorbidities of the disorder being defiance.
    School life is extremely challenging to say the least, with his often unreasonable behaviour (just try and picture him in a classroom full of ultra-disciplined Chinese school kids!).
    He's not stupid though, he recently sat his important middle-school entrance exam and scored 99% for maths (Chinese kids are about 2 years ahead of their British peers, they're insanely competitive!).

My son (now 12 years old) has it quite badly; domestic life is a constant strain, with one of the comorbidities of the disorder being defiance.
    School life is extremely challenging to say the least, with his often unreasonable behaviour (just try and picture him in a classroom full of ultra-disciplined Chinese school kids!).
    He's not stupid though, he recently sat his important middle-school entrance exam and scored 99% for maths (Chinese kids are about 2 years ahead of their British peers, they're insanely competitive!).
    is adhd on the autism spectrum ?

Nothing better than calling into the pub for a couple of pints after a long walk with my wife and our dog, and a bag of chips on the way home. We walked to the Blue Anchor from Barryrecently, and that first pint, in a pub since lockdown was fantastic and luckily, our daughter came to pick us up.

is adhd on the autism spectrum ?
    ADHD isn't on the autism spectrum, however, they do have some of the same symptoms. Also, if you have one of the disorders it increases the chances of getting the other.

ADHD isn't on the autism spectrum, however, they do have some of the same symptoms. Also, if you have one of the disorders it increases the chances of getting the other.
    my mate has adhd , he's on respiridone

I love going to the pub. It is a great escape from the outside world. Also, I love good beer so it’s a great place to try good draught ales and lagers plus a great place to meet mates with no washing up and you can leave whenever you’ve had enough if someone’s being annoying or tedious.

Regarding ADHD, speed (dexamphetamine) is a really effective treatment but I’m no doctor.