+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you like going to the pub ?

Re: Do you like going to the pub ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm a former regular drinker who has probably drunk less than ten pints since 2013 and have not had one in more than two years. So, there's a part of me who looks down my nose at people in pubs now, but that's not fair because if it wasn't for me going on Warfarin, I would still be drinking now - maybe not as much as I did, but I'd still want my one night out a week.
    I was never a drinker at home, but loved going to pubs and I miss them more than I miss the beer.
    I stopped in 2009, i was never any good at it anyway, i couldn't hold my drink, constantly pissing and a bigger arse than normal. I didn't drink from the age of 21 up until i was 27 as well. Not a health thing, i just don't really like it or the feeling it gives me, i suppose it's down to character really, i'm a bit ADHD and i fight against feeling relaxed as i start getting anxious, but if i'm pissed there's nothing i can do about it Same with weed, couldn't get on that either, i'm to busy and wired. Can't sit on a beach, go to the cinema and struggle like hell at things like weddings, where i've got to sit still for more than half hour-caused absolute murder with my missus for years, we know what it is now

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I stopped in 2009, i was never any good at it anyway, i couldn't hold my drink, constantly pissing and a bigger arse than normal. I didn't drink from the age of 21 up until i was 27 as well. Not a health thing, i just don't really like it or the feeling it gives me, i suppose it's down to character really, i'm a bit ADHD and i fight against feeling relaxed as i start getting anxious, but if i'm pissed there's nothing i can do about it Same with weed, couldn't get on that either, i'm to busy and wired. Can't sit on a beach, go to the cinema and struggle like hell at things like weddings, where i've got to sit still for more than half hour-caused absolute murder with my missus for years, we know what it is now
    I hate weddings and formal occasions , dreadful

Cinema , crap

Theatre , opera , church , all bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hate weddings and formal occasions , dreadful

Cinema , crap

Theatre , opera , church , all bollocks
    how is a cinema crap? unless you hate films, which is weird

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I love films , I hate the cinema

I hate driving to the cinema , parking, lining up to go in , having a piss before going in , sitting down through all the stupid adverts , having some idiot chatting away close by , film starts , arse goes numb after half an hour , fidgeting around , getting up and going to the toilet again ......

Total nightmare

Would rather watch a film on TV at home , costs feck all and I can have a piss every half an hour , dont have to park , no annoying people chatting away

Its a win win

Its why I hate the theatre too

You need to go to the cinema at a different time and arrive just before the film starts

I love films , I hate the cinema

I hate driving to the cinema , parking, lining up to go in , having a piss before going in , sitting down through all the stupid adverts , having some idiot chatting away close by , film starts , arse goes numb after half an hour , fidgeting around , getting up and going to the toilet again ......

Total nightmare

Would rather watch a film on TV at home , costs feck all and I can have a piss every half an hour , dont have to park , no annoying people chatting away

Its a win win

Its why I hate the theatre too
    I'm pretty much the same as you, ****ing hate weddings, couldn't stand my own, just wanted to **** off home The problem is, being like that can cause problems, especially in relationships, i can't stand family parties, gatherings etc. If i associate with anyone it's because i know that they're not going to put pressure on me to act a certain way in which i'm uncomfortable with, or they're on the same wave length as me. I get accused of not being able to relax, i have no problem relaxing, it just doesn't involve crap food, crap company, shit music and copious amounts of Alcohol. I took the dog up the garth mountain (not a Euphemism) and i felt great, relaxed and happy (the dog was ****ed) that's how i relax, by keeping busy. A long run is like medicine for me.

Once people understand your character it becomes a whole lot easier. I was sick and tired of going along with things that physically caused me anxiety-not anymore sludge, got to be true to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I like films although i haven't seen one in years. I can't sit down for that long and concentrate, i'm a nightmare. I used to be disruptive in school, the teachers tied me to a chair for four hours because i kept climbing on the roof up the soil stack-i'm better now although it's still there.

I like films although i haven't seen one in years. I can't sit down for that long and concentrate, i'm a nightmare. I used to be disruptive in school, the teachers tied me to a chair for four hours because i kept climbing on the roof up the soil stack-i'm better now although it's still there.
    the soil stack is still there ? I fecking hope so

I'm pretty much the same as you, ****ing hate weddings, couldn't stand my own, just wanted to **** off home The problem is, being like that can cause problems, especially in relationships, i can't stand family parties, gatherings etc. If i associate with anyone it's because i know that they're not going to put pressure on me to act a certain way in which i'm uncomfortable with, or they're on the same wave length as me. I get accused of not being able to relax, i have no problem relaxing, it just doesn't involve crap food, crap company, shit music and copious amounts of Alcohol. I took the dog up the garth mountain (not a Euphemism) and i felt great, relaxed and happy (the dog was ****ed) that's how i relax, by keeping busy. A long run is like medicine for me.

Once people understand your character it becomes a whole lot easier. I was sick and tired of going along with things that physically caused me anxiety-not anymore sludge, got to be true to yourself.
    was going out with a right sort , her parents , social climber types had a Xmas drinks party with all the local great and good , everyone dressed up ff sake for Xmas drinks ? ! I just wore a led zep t shirt and a pair of jeans . All these silly nibbles going round . Talking to the local vicar . My idea of hell .

was going out with a right sort , her parents , social climber types had a Xmas drinks party with all the local great and good , everyone dressed up ff sake for Xmas drinks ? ! I just wore a led zep t shirt and a pair of jeans . All these silly nibbles going round . Talking to the local vicar . My idea of hell .
    She slip through the net Sludge? You still in touch with the vicar?

I can't smoke weed either. I wish I could. It makes me anxious and paranoid. And super high. Like I'm tripping. I'm so jealous of people that smoke it and are able to be calm. My Mrs smokes it every day. Just a small amount. Sometimes I'm almost tempted to give it a try, but I never do.

Is there anything you do like Sludge?

What a misery guts

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't smoke weed either. I wish I could. It makes me anxious and paranoid. And super high. Like I'm tripping. I'm so jealous of people that smoke it and are able to be calm. My Mrs smokes it every day. Just a small amount. Sometimes I'm almost tempted to give it a try, but I never do.
    I envy people who can relax in a simple way, just watching TV and being around their Family doing nothing. I can't do that, it's been a nightmare for years. If we go on holiday then i'm up at 6.30, go for a run, do some shopping, make some food, go for about 20 walks etc-absolute disaster. My wife has learnt to cope with my behaviour, it used to cause big arguments. The only positive is that shedoesn't have to worry about me doing jobs on the house, i actively seek them out If we go for a meal at 8, i can be home by 9, i start stressing if i've got nothing to do-sleeping can be a problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

What a misery guts
    The only time i switch off is when i watch the city.

I envy people who can relax in a simple way, just watching TV and being around their Family doing nothing. I can't do that, it's been a nightmare for years. If we go on holiday then i'm up at 6.30, go for a run, do some shopping, make some food, go for about 20 walks etc-absolute disaster. My wife has learnt to cope with my behaviour, it used to cause big arguments. The only positive is that shedoesn't have to worry about me doing jobs on the house, i actively seek them out If we go for a meal at 8, i can be home by 9, i start stressing if i've got nothing to do-sleeping can be a problem as well.
    Have you tried medication?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    She slip through the net Sludge? You still in touch with the vicar?
    went out with her for two years but her parents didn't approve of my social status , they wanted her to marry a lawyer or doctor

I knew it was coming to an end when I was boffing her and thinking of her younger sister

Have you tried medication?
    Yup, didn't like it. Went back to the doc and he said that it's just the way i am, and that i'm managing it pretty well. It's when i perceive that i have nothing to do of any value, like sitting down I can do this with you because my brain is active, plus i can get up and do things at will.

I used to smoke loads of weed , all through college years and beyond

Soft Lebanese black was my favourite , if you got hold of good stuff it was very trippy , the poor man's acid as that fella out of the stone roses once called it

But once skunk came around that was it for me , very very strong and linked to psychosis and other serious mental ill health

And skunk can make you very anxious and paranoid

Loads of my mates are into it but i was happy with black soft resin

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

What a misery guts
    Cardiff City , Fishing , Music , Live Bands , Curry , Walking , Films at home with a cup of tea , Alan Partridge

Yup, didn't like it. Went back to the doc and he said that it's just the way i am, and that i'm managing it pretty well. It's when i perceive that i have nothing to do of any value, like sitting down I can do this with you because my brain is active, plus i can get up and do things at will.
    amitriptyline is a low dose , non addictive anti anxiety and anti depressant drug that they use for people with chronic pain , sleep problems , my old man was on it for years , he slept like a log on it and was chilled out during the day

amitriptyline is a low dose , non addictive anti anxiety and anti depressant drug that they use for people with chronic pain , sleep problems , my old man was on it for years , he slept like a log on it and was chilled out during the day
    I've been like it since i was a kid, it gets worse when i'm in positions where i don't feel comfortable or restricted, there aren't many people who i associate with, but if i do then i trust them and respect them, they're usually a bit nuts as well, which helps. I don't want to change myself to much, i just wish i could spend the day doing nothing like so many other people seem to do. An example-I mixed and laid 3 tonne of concrete yesterday in my kitchen floor, cleaned up, had a shower then did a 10 k run, came home, had some food, didn't get to sleep until 3am. Up at 7 this morning, went and did a job in Llandaff, pulled aceiling down and re boarded it, came home, tidied the house, cut the grass and had a go at the windows. That's a pretty standard weekend-i can't keep ****ing still!

I've been like it since i was a kid, it gets worse when i'm in positions where i don't feel comfortable or restricted, there aren't many people who i associate with, but if i do then i trust them and respect them, they're usually a bit nuts as well, which helps. I don't want to change myself to much, i just wish i could spend the day doing nothing like so many other people seem to do. An example-I mixed and laid 3 tonne of concrete yesterday in my kitchen floor, cleaned up, had a shower then did a 10 k run, came home, had some food, didn't get to sleep until 3am. Up at 7 this morning, went and did a job in Llandaff, pulled aceiling down and re boarded it, came home, tidied the house, cut the grass and had a go at the windows. That's a pretty standard weekend-i can't keep ****ing still!
    You looking for a start?:

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You looking for a start?:
    I work for the council now, trust me, i'm in the wrong place. During the covid crisis they stuck me on cleaning duties at a high rise block of flats in north cardiff, i was only supposed to do the basics,lifts, hand rails etc. Anyway, i received two E mails saying that it's the cleanest the block has ever been, all 16 floors-i was in my element

Love a decent pub rather then “bars” - too many pubs falling by the wayside nowadays

Love pub live ,think its an important social network for a lot of folk , if not abused it can provide comfort to some single life folk looking for company away from their single existence ,which can be lonely .