+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Underrated life pleasures.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Underrated life pleasures.

Good quality toilet paper

A great pleasure I discovered just a few years ago is walking with good company in our wonderful countryside (preferably with the sea in view at some stage) for a several hours, stopping en route to take in the view, to have coffee and picnic breaks and for an occasional breather when the going is tough - and retiring to a pub (these days just the garden) for a drink and communal chat afterwards. It's something I have become addicted to and rarely does a weekend go by without my organising such a day or two.
    It makes one appreciate nature more, it's healthy and it's a sociable activity too. It's not rock and roll but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A great pleasure I discovered just a few years ago is walking with good company in our wonderful countryside (preferably with the sea in view at some stage) for a several hours, stopping en route to take in the view, to have coffee and picnic breaks and for an occasional breather when the going is tough - and retiring to a pub (these days just the garden) for a drink and communal chat afterwards. It's something I have become addicted to and rarely does a weekend go by without my organising such a day or two.
    It makes one appreciate nature more, it's healthy and it's a sociable activity too. It's not rock and roll but I like it.
    Quite a lot of my mates do this most weekends too, all mid 40’s plus now and looking for something a bit more interesting than a pub. In saying that a beer garden stop is usually part of it....