Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Loved warnock , kicked this club up the arse

And I like route one , get stuck in football

He made his mistakes , who doesn't, but we were going one way when he took over and that was down to league one . He galvanised the players , the fans and the next season got us up . For a few dodgy ref decisions we would have stayed up too .
Agreed.

People forget just how dire the football was before Warnock came in, it was poor, we were weak mentally, physically and the club off the pitch was still fragmented and rudderless following the rebrand.

Within months he had turned that all around.

The football wasn't even that bad under him at times, particularly the opening months of our promotion season I thought we played with a real purpose and were clinical. Most enjoyable I found we weren't an easy touch for anyone and physically out muscled a number of teams.

The Premier league season we were largely out of our depth but also handed a fair few bad hands, the death of Sala isn't something many clubs have to deal with, that Chelsea offside may have changed our season also. Ultimately we just weren't good enough.

At that point he probably should have left but for me will always be one of our best managers, prior to him coming in it was getting to the point where even when we scored I'd hardly get too excited and would slowly rise from my seat to applaud.