Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brentford v Fulham. Play off final

Re: Brentford v Fulham. Play off final

Bryan taunting the away fans wasn't called for tbh

Goodnight Vienna

2 - 0.

Bye bye Fulham. A new ground for us next season.

Brentford have completely bottled this. If we had beaten Fulham, I really think we would have won today.

If only Brentford, played the previous 115 minutes, like they played the last 5.

Liverpool win the league
    Leeds up
    Villa stay up
    Swansea in the Play offs
    Man Utd sneak into top 4
    Wigan down
    Now Fulham in place of Brentford.

Pretty awful set of results there for me

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Brentford have completely bottled this. If we had beaten Fulham, I really think we would have won today.
    Yep, 3 bites at it.

Fulham seem well rounded but will probably struggle again unless they recruit well which I'm sure they will have a go at. Congrats to Fulham, deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Benrahma, for all his quality, is one lazy ****.

I've not seen somebody strop so much and not make any effort to get back for some time.
    His body language was terrible all match. It looked like he couldn't handle the big occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yep, 3 bites at it.

Fulham seem well rounded but will probably struggle again unless they recruit well which I'm sure they will have a go at. Congrats to Fulham, deserved it.

With premier league Refs & VAR, Fulham will finish games, with less men than they started with.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    His body language was terrible all match. It looked like he couldn't handle the big occasion.
    BBC sports website report reckons Premier League clubs will come after him and Watkins. Watkins maybe but Benrahma.....? He was useless, constantly gave the ball away and lost out on virtually every tackle!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    BBC sports website report reckons Premier League clubs will come after him and Watkins. Watkins maybe but Benrahma.....? He was useless, constantly gave the ball away and lost out on virtually every tackle!
    Fulham deserved the win . They were better throughout and just like the two legs in the semi final, proved there was more to them than what people thought. In Scott Parker they have an astute manager , and tactic wise was superior to his opposite number. He could even end up following Gareth Southgate into the England managers job in future. Having been beaten by Brentford twice already, he wasn’t going to let it happen a third time..By playing deep , they never allowed the likes of Watkins , Benrhamina any opportunity to cause any damage throughout. It’s a pity both teams decided to try not to lose, rather than trying to win.. The game only opened up towards the end.Well done Fulham, tough luck Brentford. Your new stadium will just have to grace the rest of the championship teams instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Fulham deserved the win . They were better throughout and just like the two legs in the semi final, proved there was more to them than what people thought. In Scott Parker they have an astute manager , and tactic wise was superior to his opposite number. He could even end up following Gareth Southgate into the England managers job in future. Having been beaten by Brentford twice already, he wasn’t going to let it happen a third time..By playing deep , they never allowed the likes of Watkins , Benrhamina any opportunity to cause any damage throughout. It’s a pity both teams decided to try not to lose, rather than trying to win.. The game only opened up towards the end.Well done Fulham, tough luck Brentford. Your new stadium will just have to grace the rest of the championship teams instead.
    He took the best squad in the division to 4th. Look at the players Fulham have at their disposal, they should have pissed the league.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He took the best squad in the division to 4th. Look at the players Fulham have at their disposal, they should have pissed the league.
    In 2012 West Ham should have pissed the league but missed out. Then thrashed us in the playoffs and went up.

Fulham dropped too many points away from home. Too many draws that could have been wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yep, 3 bites at it.

Recruit well ? They spent over £100m two years ago and where exactly did that get them - relegation. Most of the squad are the ones who got them promoted in 2018 as well. They will definitely struggle again.

I’m sure both the Jacks and us watched that final and thought there was a big missed opportunity there to get promoted against the odds

Brentford’s record in play off finals is going to take some beating!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I’m sure both the Jacks and us watched that final and thought there was a big missed opportunity there to get promoted against the odds

Brentford’s record in play off finals is going to take some beating!
    Easy to think that, but I think Fulham need credit for what they did in making Brentford look toothless, yes it made for a boring game, but I'm bit going to kid myself in thinking we missed out on an opportunity here, they would have adjusted to suit playing us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Easy to think that, but I think Fulham need credit for what they did in making Brentford look toothless, yes it made for a boring game, but I'm bit going to kid myself in thinking we missed out on an opportunity here, they would have adjusted to suit playing us as well.
    Yes, my point is I think we could have made Brentford look toothless too, why would Brentford adapted more to playing us than playing Fulham? I think the occasion got to Brentford ( as it did in the 1st leg against the Jacks when again they looked toothless and Benhrama was undisciplined and wandered all over the place as he also did in the final to no effect) . Still all if and buts mind!