+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like Joe Bennett and.....

I like Joe Bennett and.....

....I really want(ed) Brentford to win but can you see him ever doing anything like Joe Bryan has tonight? Twice!

😮

Re: I like Joe Bennett and.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ....I really want(ed) Brentford to win but can you see him ever doing anything like Joe Bryan has tonight? Twice!

��
    To be honest, I doubt Joe Bryan thought he could do what he's done tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    To be honest, I doubt Joe Bryan thought he could do what he's done tonight!
    lol. You are probably right!

Joe Bennett scored twice from open play against Huddersfield and a screamer vs Reading. The first Bryan goal is shocking keeping.

Bennett ours thank god .

What a strange thread to start.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Not at all.

I always compare our players to those of opposition teams. (E.g. none of our strikers would have near either of their first XIs, Smithies probably would have saved the first goal etc)

It is perfectly sensible and absolutely normal especially a player has such a decisive impact on the game from a defensive position.

What a weird comment yours is. ��

Probably would have saved it? He was 40 yards out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Joe Bennett scored twice from open play against Huddersfield and a screamer vs Reading. The first Bryan goal is shocking keeping.

Not at all.

I always compare our players to those of opposition teams. (E.g. none of our strikers would have near either of their first XIs, Smithies probably would have saved the first goal etc)

It is perfectly sensible and absolutely normal especially a player has such a decisive impact on the game from a defensive position.

I've never considered Bryan as a top full back. For Fulham he's scored twice in 72 games before tonight. Bennett has scored 4 in 147 games for us.

Neil Taylor was a hero for us when Wales beat Russia in Euro 2016. It was his first goal for Wales in a zillion appearances. Every once in a hundred games or so a full back becomes a scoring hero.

Bennett wouldn't have thought of that free kick. We're still so set in getting everyone into position. Bryan would never have done what he did tonight if he'd have played for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Probably would have saved it? He SHOULD HAVE BEEN 45 YARDS OUT !

Agree, it was like watching prime Carlos tonight, not seen the like since Le Tournoi

I was at the Huddersfield game and I got a noise complaint from the flat management company when Tomlin scored

I don't know why Bennet gets such a hard time on here. For me, he's a well above average Championship player and has been a good servant.

Ironically Fulham wanted him before they signed Bryan ahead of the PL campaign. Not much in it between them for me, Bryan a bit better on the ball and more athletic but much of a muchness. Two decent championship left backs.

not really when you look at who the user is. we could win the champions league and he'd be moaning we only did it with 35% possession.

Joe Bennett is a terrible full back, and is one of the players I’d like to see replaced.

In all my years following City, I don’t ever recall one defender being so culpable for so many goals we’ve conceded.

His concentration level is poor, he’s often out of position, makes rash decisions (that Derby goal was shocking), and often makes a tackle with the ‘wrong’ foot.

Still, people think he’s a good player because he has nice hair, and a good tattoo sleeve!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    In all my years following City, I don’t ever recall one defender being so culpable for so many goals we’ve conceded.
    Now you've come out with such a comment, let's have your proof and a list of the goals we've conceded that were Bennett's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Now you've come out with such a comment, let's have your proof and a list of the goals we've conceded that were Bennett's fault.
    Unlike yourself, I have a life to lead.

If you haven’t seen the goals he’s given away, you’re clearly not going to or watching the games.

The Derby goal he gave away was ‘classic’ Bennett, a rush of blood to the head.

Lucky to get away with conceding that nailed on penalty, against Hull.

Allowed his man to keep running instead of closing him down, at Fulham.

I think he was culpable for three goals, when Watford stuck five on us.

Two at Chelsea, after which Warnock dropped him. Certainly one, which was his classic ‘wrong’ foot tackle.

If I was an opposition manager, I’d play on him.

He’s our weakest link defensively.

I wouldn't be sorry to see Bennett replaced. He can have his good moments (usually when we're pressing forward), but his defending at times is all over the place.

More moaning.

Is it true that Joe Bennett and Mackenzie Crook have never been seen in the same room ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Is it true that Joe Bennett and Mackenzie Crook have never been seen in the same room ?
    They don't even look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They don't even look alike.
    Oh, I don’t know, I’ll add Plug from the Bash Street Kids to make it a threesome

Not at all.

it is a little bit of an odd thread because generally scoring from free kicks are not in the things expected from a LB, and we've got an excellent free kick taker in Tomlin. It's like if their keeper took their pens and using that as a stick to beat Smithies with