+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scott Parker's master-stroke wins play-off final

Scott Parker's master-stroke wins play-off final

We all thought it was Bryan who spotted that Brentford's keeper was taking up poor positions at free kicks because he was anticipating crosses towards Mitrovic. But post-match interviews revealed that Parker had called Bryan across just before he took the kick because he had noticed what the keeper was doing and told Bryan where to place his shot. And didn't he execute the instructions brilliantly - even 'giving the eyes' to make it seem that a cross was coming.

No wonder Parker was so ramped-up when the plan worked!

In fairness to Fulham it was two moments of exceptional, individual football that beat us at home and then won the final.

Re: Scott Parker's master-stroke wins play-off final

Should not have been a free kick at home.

Ball was moved 10 yards nearer the goal last night.

Cheating prospered !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    We all thought it was Bryan who spotted that Brentford's keeper was taking up poor positions at free kicks because he was anticipating crosses towards Mitrovic. But post-match interviews revealed that Parker had called Bryan across just before he took the kick because he had noticed what the keeper was doing and told Bryan where to place his shot. And didn't he execute the instructions brilliantly - even 'giving the eyes' to make it seem that a cross was coming.

No wonder Parker was so ramped-up when the plan worked!

In fairness to Fulham it was two moments of exceptional, individual football that beat us at home and then won the final.
    That’s not strictly true.

He said he called him over to make out to Brentford, he had some sort of play/cross arranged.

And even though he did tell him to have a go if Raya’s position wasn’t good, he was quick to acknowledge that his coaching team had previously noticed Raya ‘takes up an aggressive position at free kicks’, and that they’d tried this same free kick at the recent game at Craven Cottage, but that the ball went no where near the goal.

So, it wasn't an inspirational moment from him of something he’d suddenly just noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ball was moved 10 yards nearer the goal last night.
    No it wasn't. Not even close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sESj...ab_channel=EFL

For someone who has watched the game for so many years, you're a truly woeful judge of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    That’s not strictly true.
    He said he called him over to make out to Brentford, he had some sort of play/cross arranged.
    And even though he did tell him to have a go if Raya’s position wasn’t good, he was quick to acknowledge that his coaching team had previously noticed Raya ‘takes up an aggressive position at free kicks’, and that they’d tried this same free kick at the recent game at Craven Cottage, but that the ball went no where near the goal.
    So, it wasn't an inspirational moment from him of something he’d suddenly just noticed.
    Listen to Parker's post match interview on youtube - from 8.00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7DkkuKHFt4

Listen to Parker's post match interview on youtube - from 8.00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7DkkuKHFt4
    Watch his post match interview on SKY.

It’s as I’ve posted, and respect to Parker for giving credit to his coaching team for it as well, and not trying to take all the glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Watch his post match interview on SKY.
    It’s as I’ve posted, and respect to Parker for giving credit to his coaching team for it as well, and not trying to take all the glory.
    I sense a weakening of your position here.
    No linkey?
    I saw the post match interviews with Bryan and Parker - tho couldn't help but notice that when Parker referred to his coaching staff he was constantly pulling at his quiff of hair, which any body language expert will tell you is indicative of an attempt at false modesty.

I sense a weakening of your position here.
    No linkey?
    I saw the post match interviews with Bryan and Parker - tho couldn't help but notice that when Parker referred to his coaching staff he was constantly pulling at his quiff of hair, which any body language expert will tell you is indicative of an attempt at false modesty.
    Maybe he hasn’t had time to get to the barbers and it was irritating him.