+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feeling pissed off with Fulham today?

Anyone else feeling pissed off with Fulham today?

As this gloating and back patting. Cheating b*stards.
    We were so close to getting into final. Fulham are no better team t

Re: Anyone else feeling pissed off with Fulham today?

I think you are confusing bitter and pissed off.

How did they cheat?

I think the general consensus if they have lots of better players than us. We weren't far away but for me Brentford probably deserved to go up more than Fulham over a season.

I just don’t like the sanctimonious attitude that Fulham now have.

I was routing for Brentford

I do agree was a bit sickening the old everyone wrote us off attitude.

Like they have been made up of rejects and this team spirit has galvanised them

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    As this gloating and back patting. Cheating b*stards.
    We were so close to getting into final. Fulham are no better team t
    They were saying Brentford's starting line up cost £30 million. I think the millionaire's football club v plucky Brentford is a tad over-stated. They also got well beaten on the night, also.

Fulham must be dead certs for relegation next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Fulham must be dead certs for relegation next season.
    They were probably saying the same thing when Sheffield United got promoted...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They were saying Brentford's starting line up cost £30 million. I think the millionaire's football club v plucky Brentford is a tad over-stated. They also got well beaten on the night, also.
    If they've spent 30m its because they've earned it through selling their best players for a profit for years. They had offers to sell last summer but instead decided to keep the squad together to have a push t promotion - It'll be interesting if they can afford to do that again or if they;ll revert to their previous business model

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think you are confusing bitter and pissed off.

HOW DID THEY CHEAT ?

I think the general consensus if they have lots of better players than us. We weren't far away but for me Brentford probably deserved to go up more than Fulham over a season.

1) It wasn't a free kick at the CCS, Cairney run ito Morrison on purpose

2) Free kick last night, was moved about 10 yards nearer the goal

3) Just generally a dirty, time wasting, clogging, park team.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

The thing that bugged me the most about the free kick at the CCS was when Cairney - who ran into Morrison - started rolling around on the ground holding his face.... until he was sure the ref had been properly conned, then got up and grinned!

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I do agree was a bit sickening the old everyone wrote us off attitude.

Like they have been made up of rejects and this team spirit has galvanised them
    Isn’t the “written off” comment more about certain people thinking that they were a bit lightweight?
    Basically, they kept their team from last season and added in a bit of Cardiff City in Arter and Decordova-Reid and it’s worked for them.
    Personally, I’m quite jealous because we lost lots of our best players last summer and Warnock spent a load of money on inferior replacements.

Exactly. Cheating barstewards.

They annoyed me last night, they think of themselves as a free flowing footballing side, but last night they were getting 10 men behind the ball for pretty much the entire second half, and they put in more than a few dirty challenges, and plenty of diving and rolling around.
    Having said that they'll probably stand a better chance of staying up with that shithousery in their game

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They annoyed me last night, they think of themselves as a free flowing footballing side, but last night they were getting 10 men behind the ball for pretty much the entire second half, and they put in more than a few dirty challenges, and plenty of diving and rolling around.
    Having said that they'll probably stand a better chance of staying up with that SHITHOUSERY in their game

They're in with the bigger shithouses now, plus the Ref's decisions go for the bigger shithouses

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Isn’t the “written off” comment more about certain people thinking that they were a bit lightweight?
    Basically, they kept their team from last season and added in a bit of Cardiff City in Arter and Decordova-Reid and it’s worked for them.
    Personally, I’m quite jealous because we lost lots of our best players last summer and Warnock spent a load of money on inferior replacements.
    In complete agreement and I think it helps us that Fulham went up as Brentford will sell at least one of their best players slice in previous seasons so hopefully wouldn’t be as strong!

Unfortunately this board is sounding exactly like the Wolves one when we beat them at Molineux 2-1 in our promotion season.

I don't particularly like Fulham but to call them cheats and dirty so and so's is laughable. They are professionals for goodness sake who have learned how to take care of business.

Surely you don't want the Fulham board to be full of whining, self-pitying snippets copy and pasted from this site. C'mon lads man up, let it go !

I didn't even realise the final was last night.

No real ill feelings, didn't think Fulham were to good when we played them. We missed a trick.

Not really.

Nah, before wanted Brentford to do it as a new club into the PL. But Fulham would probably be stronger of the two next season on the championship and over the season they absolutely deserve it.

It annoys me that Brentford did the double over Fulham in the league, and finished above them. Then its 0-0 after 90 mins last night, but Fulham manage to sneak promotion.

We would've beat either of them last night. That second half of the first leg done us.

I’m not pissed off with Fulham winning, they did exactly what they needed to do to go up. It was a poor game and Brentford just didn’t show up so can’t help feeling it was a big missed opportunity on our part to get promoted against the odds. I’m pretty sure we would have beaten Brentford as well in the final if they put in the same performance. We lost it with just one very poor 45 minutes over the 2 semi final legs which adds to the frustration

I think now the disappointment of last week has gone, I'm relatively happy with the outcome. That Fulham side looks awful for the Premier League, yet it is a better side than ours. Out of the back four, probably only Hector that will hold his own. Christie, Bryan, Ream aren't at the level and Odoi might be one of the worst players I've ever seen. Reed will most likely go back to Southampton, Cairney is ok but not PL standard. Knockaert and Cavailero poor, Mitrovic might score a few, Kebano may do ok.

They're in for another long season going down without a fight imo. Championship meanwhile is anyone's to win imo, can't see one standout team next season assuming there are a few departures at Brentford. You can't turn your nose up at promotion but it's going to be a long season for them next year.

i liked their free kick though

I'm thinking about how good it will be when Leeds, Villa and Fulham go down next season - truth be told, I think Leeds may well stay up pretty comfortably if Bilesa stays with them, but I reckon there is every chance the other two will.

It’ll be interesting to see how Bobby Reid does in the PL next season, especially if he gets a run of games.