+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City transfer ban appeal delayed - again.

Cardiff City transfer ban appeal delayed - again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52810660

Cardiff's appeal against a transfer ban for failing to pay the first instalment of Emiliano Sala's £15m transfer fee to Nantes has been delayed a second time.

The appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) was originally due to be heard in May.

But Cas confirmed the appeal procedure has been "amended" and a new date for the hearing has not yet been fixed.

They also say the exchange of written submissions between the two clubs is still taking place.

Once again a news report on the Cardiff appeal to CIS that doesn't say the transfer ban imposed by FIFA is deferred pending the outcome of the case. I'm sure that is right - but it would be good if some 'news outlet' confirmed it.

Re: Cardiff City transfer ban appeal delayed - again.

I wish it would be decided and done. It's such an embarrassment, in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    I wish it would be decided and done. It's such an embarrassment, in my humble opinion.
    I presume any thoughts of signings this month are now cancelled ?
    This would mean Moore, or any other striker is now history

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I presume any thoughts of signings this month are now cancelled ?
    This would mean Moore, or any other striker is now history
    Why is that? Do you think a transfer ban is in place?

I’m pretty sure even if we pay Nantes the full fee we’ll subsequently sue them for a larger sum in the civil courts - this will go on for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why is that? Do you think a transfer ban is in place?
    That was intimated in your opening post ?

“Once again a news report on the Cardiff appeal to CIS that doesn't say the transfer ban imposed by FIFA is deferred pending the outcome of the case. I'm sure that is right - but it would be good if some 'news outlet' confirmed it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    That was intimated in your opening post ?

“Once again a news report on the Cardiff appeal to CIS that doesn't say the transfer ban imposed by FIFA is deferred pending the outcome of the case. I'm sure that is right - but it would be good if some 'news outlet' confirmed it.”
    Sorry if that was unclear. I meant to say I am sure the FIFA transfer ban (3 windows) is deferred/suspended until the appeal process has been completed. But none of the press reports say this, and there hasn't been anything said by the club or the EFL that clarifies the situation. I wish someone would!

We made 3 loan signings the month after the FIFA ruling which implies (although not permanent transfers) that the ban is on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sorry if that was unclear. I meant to say I am sure the FIFA transfer ban (3 windows) is deferred/suspended until the appeal process has been completed. But none of the press reports say this, and there hasn't been anything said by the club or the EFL that clarifies the situation. I wish someone would!

We made 3 loan signings the month after the FIFA ruling which implies (although not permanent transfers) that the ban is on hold.
    Well I sincerely hope City move fast to secure Moore as there seems to be 4-5 championship clubs all showing interest.
    I was not convinced when he was mentioned earlier in the year but the more I think of it, I think he may be the correct signing. Particularly if the fee is around £2M, which is nothing these days