+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore & Peltier anyone?

Zohore & Peltier anyone?

Garage clearance sale by a club in the Midlands, bargain price of £4m the pair!

Re: Zohore & Peltier anyone?

no thankyooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Garage clearance sale by a club in the Midlands, bargain price of £4m the pair!
    Peltier is a free agent. Zohore is an end of season sale item.

I have a sneaking feeling Peltier will end up at Boro! Zohore... maybe not.

phuck that

Is Zohore the Throstles’ Gary Madine, they got promotion despite him rather than because of him?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is Zohore the Throstles’ Gary Madine, they got promotion despite him rather than because of him?
    I get where you're coming from, but while he has undoubtedly proved a poor signing for West Brom, Zohore did score three league goals for them. Two of them were late equalisers. Without those two points.....

I saw Frank Skinner at St David's Hall in late-September 2019. Halfway through his performance he paused and said: "Kenneth Zohore - was that some kind of a practical joke?"

There's a Zohore thread on The West Brom forum which is quite amusing. One of them described Zohore " about as much use as a bucket of parrot droppings". In fairness the two penalties he scored for them were equalisers and the two points gained meant promotion instead of the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    There's a Zohore thread on The West Brom forum which is quite amusing. One of them described Zohore " about as much use as a bucket of parrot droppings". In fairness the two penalties he scored for them were equalisers and the two points gained meant promotion instead of the play-offs
    Proves Madine is better then, he missed one and we still went up, we didn’t need it

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but while he has undoubtedly proved a poor signing for West Brom, Zohore did score three league goals for them. Two of them were late equalisers. Without those two points.....

I saw Frank Skinner at St David's Hall in late-September 2019. Halfway through his performance he paused and said: "Kenneth Zohore - was that some kind of a practical joke?"

I love it when football is mentioned at shows like this rather than stereotyping us as 100% rugby nuts.

If Ken could get his MOJO working I’d take him back. My fave city player since Kenny Millar.

If Harris could get him motivated and we got him for nothing, he would be worth a punt on a 12 month contract

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    If Ken could get his MOJO working I’d take him back. My fave city player since Kenny Millar.
    Fair play you picked a rare combination there.

Oooh that alleged 17 million pounds Brighton bid we turned away .

Fair play you picked a rare combination there.
    😂 I was thinking similar

L
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oooh that alleged 17 million pounds Brighton bid we turned away .
    The City would consider selling the stadium for £17 million pounds let alone Kenneth Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Trouble is that it's not like he lost his MOJO, I think his default setting is without MOJO but he had a little spell where he found a little bit fora while

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

A practical joke that cost them £8m. It was the best business that we did last summer by a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    If Harris could get him motivated and we got him for nothing, he would be worth a punt on a 12 month contract
    That isn't going to happen. He's got 3 more years left on his contract at West Brom.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Trouble is that it's not like he lost his MOJO, I think his default setting is without MOJO but he had a little spell where he found a little bit fora while
    Agree, there's a player in there somewhere although i don't think that any club is likely to see it. Zohore is 26, got an an 8 million move to WBA and a promotion with us, yet he still hasn't been capped at full level for Denmark, nothing to do with whoever is keeping him out, why hasn't he even been given 20 minutes?

He may do better under Harris than he did under Warnock as Harris is getting players around the striker more than Warnock did. Warnock played a little more expansive when we were safe after he came in after Trollope and initially during our promotion season, after that he shit it a little and reverted to his appalling every man behind the ball, no intention of keeping the ball kind of football, that went on during the Premier league season and i don't think that it suited Zohore, although West Brom don't seem to suit him either. A lot of it is down to him, i wouldn't have him back, how long can we wait for a player to realise their potential when that player doesn't seem to have the Character to realise it himself?

Maybe Zohore on loan and NH could have a go at teaching him how to be a striker cos I can't see anyone buying him unless they understand why he neglects to show off his ability. Perhaps he'll go back to the Danish league where he can flourish with less effort (if that's what the problem is). He was supposedly "back" after his goal at Southampton, but he didn't add for how long.

Strange one Zohore.
    He seems technically very poor but has all the physical attributes you could need. I think at this stage you aren't going to get much more out of him. He was red hot for a short period

In another thread there’s many posts regarding the display of genius that we witnessed by Greg Farrell against Middlesbrough all those years ago. It was an unbelievable performance by Farrell in that game but, unfortunately, that’s what it was, one game, if he’d have maintained that form he’d have gone on to be a superstar. Zohore, although nowhere near Farrell’s display that night, also blew a lot more cold than hot, fantastic bit of business by the City really, he’s also made a fortune as well, no doubt, with wages in ratio to an eight million pound player. Strange that with his size, his undoubted, on times, skill he didn’t seem that his head was ‘actually there’, I wouldn’t say West Brom are mugs in the spotting a player game, they obviously saw something that they thought could be exploited. Has Ken got a sort of ‘mental block’ medical condition? Seemed like a daydreaming school kid with his head in another world while lessons were going on around him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    A practical joke that cost them £8m. It was the best business that we did last summer by a long way.
    And revenge for them selling us Ricky Lambert.

Think Zohore would be a great fit at Celtic.

When on his game he is the best player on any pitch, sadly there are too many variables in the mix to see that scenario happen regularly. Not sure we can get him to recreate that 1/2 season or so at Cardiff to make him a viable option

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Strange one Zohore.
    He seems technically very poor but has all the physical attributes you could need. I think at this stage you aren't going to get much more out of him. He was red hot for a short period
    Agreed. He should go to Celtic and would do well there.