+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luqman Hakim, Vincent Tan and KV Kortrijk

Luqman Hakim, Vincent Tan and KV Kortrijk

Interesting story here about Vincent Tan 'persuading' KV Kortrijk management to sign a promising Malaysian youngster on a 5 year contract - and play him. There have been similar Cardiff links to Malaysian youth players in the past, and a handful of trials - but never a contract!

https://www.goal.com/en/news/kv-kort...a1en6eod21v2uy

Re: Luqman Hakim, Vincent Tan and KV Kortrijk

Is this where Warnock comes out blaming him for Madine?

It would be great to see us make more of the relationship with Kortrijk - maybe loaning them some of our academy players and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting story here about Vincent Tan 'persuading' KV Kortrijk management to sign a promising Malaysian youngster on a 5 year contract - and play him. There have been similar Cardiff links to Malaysian youth players in the past, and a handful of trials - but never a contract!

https://www.goal.com/en/news/kv-kort...a1en6eod21v2uy
    I love the word 'persuading'...just reminding them who's the boss.

Many years ago I went with my MD to a big legal company in London who were doing some work for us. They made us feel like we were doing them a favour, so when they offered coffee which came with a plate of plain biscuits, my MD asked if they had any chocolate biscuits. When they said that they didn't he asked if they could get some for him.

They did and he didn't touch them. After the event I asked him why he did that and he replied that he was just reminding them who was paying the bill.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I love the word 'persuading'...just reminding them who's the boss.

Many years ago I went with my MD to a big legal company in London who were doing some work for us. They made us feel like we were doing them a favour, so when they offered coffee which came with a plate of plain biscuits, my MD asked if they had any chocolate biscuits. When they said that they didn't he asked if they could get some for him.

They did and he didn't touch them. After the event I asked him why he did that and he replied that he was just reminding them who was paying the bill.
    Sorry, but have you got that the right way round?

Still sticking his oar in, but with the acknowledgement that the manager might not agree to play the lad. Gave off a general vibe of "Just kidding! Or am I?"

Grainy youtube footage looks good as always.

Looks like he almost came here to train with us then sign for Kortrijk when he was 18.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/luqm...m16u82fti57ilf

Interesting that there is a sell on fee - I wonder if he lives upto the potential they'll sell him to us for £2.50

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sorry, but have you got that the right way round?

Yes I have

International ,just needs a chance ,good luck Luqman

Luqman has represented Malaysia at all youth level from the under 16-side to the under-23 sides. He was part of the national team for the 2018 AFC U-16 Championship that took place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.[8] On 20 September 2018, he made an emphatic start to the AFC U-16 Championship with a 6-2 win over Tajikistan.[9] In that match, he was Malaysia’s four-goal hero. Luqman also assisted Najmuddin Akmal goal in the opening group-stage match. He played every minute of Malaysia's campaign at the tournament, which ended with them eliminated in last place in their group.[10]

He later moved up to the under 19s squad for 2019 AFF U-19 Youth Championship in the Vietnam. Luqman played a large role in the Malaysia under-19s progression to the semi-finals.[11] He scored 4 goals in 5 appearances during the matches. He has played in the final against Australia which Malaysia lost 1–0.[12]

On 2 November 2019, Luqman was named in the 20-man Malaysia Squad for the 2019 Sea Games.[13] However, the Sea Games squad weren't actually fit. They failed to pass the group stage, and Luqman wasn't able to prove his worth.