+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just thought of a good scam.

Just thought of a good scam.

If a very wealthy owner owned a championship club.
    Could he get around the financial fair play system in place, by him getting somebody close to him to buy another football club and getting them to bid £100 million pound for one of his clubs players even if he is only worth £5 million quid?
    Would that £100 million quid then be able to be used on players the following season as they haven't breached financial rules?
    Just a scenario in my head I just thought up?

Re: Just thought of a good scam.

Just think, if Mr Tan could pull this off we could sell Sol Bamba for a few hundred million and make him the most expensive player in the world

Where's Delmbox when you need him.

Clubs are always selling players that turn out to be worth a lot less than the asking price!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Just think, if Mr Tan could pull this off we could sell Sol Bamba for a few hundred million and make him the most expensive player in the world

Marlon Pack became the world's first billion pound transfer following his move from Cardiff to Kortrijk. As part of the deal, Pack will be loaned back to Cardiff for the next 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    If a very wealthy owner owned a championship club.
    Could he get around the financial fair play system in place, by him getting somebody close to him to buy another football club and getting them to bid £100 million pound for one of his clubs players even if he is only worth £5 million quid?
    Would that £100 million quid then be able to be used on players the following season as they haven't breached financial rules?
    Just a scenario in my head I just thought up?
    FFP would have to not be in place in the country where the huge transaction takes place. Also, authorities would smell a rat. There are probably rules in place to stop this, FFP or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    FFP would have to not be in place in the country where the huge transaction takes place. Also, authorities would smell a rat. There are probably rules in place to stop this, FFP or not.
    I did it on Football Manager once, and the FA didn't have a clue what I was upto.