+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can you currently fly from the US to the UK?

Can you currently fly from the US to the UK?

It's all very unclear to me, I can't find any list of countries that you can't currently fly into the UK from anywhere

Re: Can you currently fly from the US to the UK?

You can. I'm not sure about quarantining though. Call an airline.

yes you can, cannot fly the other way yet though

Ta

I was driving west on the M4 today and a car with a Spanish license plate drove by me.

Now he may be living in the UK but it made me think about visitors from Spain who drive via France to the UK. Should they have to quarantine for 14 days as well? And are Spanish visitors to the UK supposed to quarantine for 14 days - if they are only coming for a long weekend?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I was driving west on the M4 today and a car with a Spanish license plate drove by me.

Now he may be living in the UK but it made me think about visitors from Spain who drive via France to the UK. Should they have to quarantine for 14 days as well? And are Spanish visitors to the UK supposed to quarantine for 14 days - if they are only coming for a long weekend?
    They are supposed to. But, just this week an old school friend returned from Spain (where they moved a few years ago) and was visiting all and sundry, including very elderly grandparents, before driving back to Spain last night.

It's very unlikely that people travelling into the UK for stays of 14 days or less are going to spend their vacations cooped up in a caravan/hotel room then fly home is it?

Work your way through this:
    https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

I'm on a ship just arriving in Mobile, there's lots joining today, several from the UK, five days quarantine, not sure if that's company policy or US policy, I'll be leaving around 19th flying to the UK, so yes, both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski View Post
    Thanks but I tried having a look at that and the US site, what they both lack is a list of countries you can fly into as far as I can tell, cheers though

I can't, as O'm already here.

International

I'm here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

There was a chap on the news this morning who had driven through Belgium on the way for a holiday in Copenhagen. He was planning to return this weekend via the same route. Even driving nonstop through Belgium he would have to quarantine when he got back to the UK. He decided he was going to do a 6 hour diversion to miss Belgium and avoid the 14 day restrictions when he gets home.