+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cyprus in September wedding

Cyprus in September wedding

I've got a family wedding end of September in paphos staying on a five star hotel Olympic Blue Lagoon resort.
    My niece who's wedding it is has just told us that we have to get a covid test no more than 3 days old before we arrive which will cost £125 each person apparently?
    How the Hell do we get tested 3 days before we arrive?
    Hope they cancel the holiday now. Paid enough already

Re: Cyprus in September wedding

Why £125? My son was tested earlier in the week via the postal system , arrived & sent Saturday, result Monday morning (negative), could have had everyone in house done if necessary.

A friend of mine is going at the weekend, they have just had a private test done, and are hoping for the results back today, but there is no guarantee of this. If they don’t get them today or tomorrow they won’t be going

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Why £125? My son was tested earlier in the week via the postal system , arrived & sent Saturday, result Monday morning (negative), could have had everyone in house done if necessary.
    Private tests

My stepson has just come back from Rhodes, on the plane everyone was given a QR code, people were randomly tested at the airport when they landed and were texted within 24 hours if positive, he wasn’t contacted but was told Greek government would foot any medical bills etc....doesn’t Cyprus come under Greek rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonccfc1927 View Post
    My stepson has just come back from Rhodes, on the plane everyone was given a QR code, people were randomly tested at the airport when they landed and were texted within 24 hours if positive, he wasn’t contacted but was told Greek government would foot any medical bills etc....doesn’t Cyprus come under Greek rule?
    The Greek part of Cyprus is an independent state.

It's not just a normal test. It's a PCR test whatever the heck that is?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    It's not just a normal test. It's a PCR test whatever the heck that is?
    It's all Greek to me. Even Omega fats.