+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bale - What would you do?

Bale - What would you do?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-bale-18724259

Take a pay cut and go elsewhere or sit on your arse for full pay

I’m not sure I understand RMs plan of just letting him sit on the bench for £600,000 a week

Banned

Re: Bale - What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I’m not sure I understand RMs plan of just letting him sit on the bench for £600,000 a week
    I'd sit on the bench for 2 weeks. Then I'd retire.

I'd honor my contract and take what was owed to me. Then I'd enjoy the rest of my life in peace.

Take what is contractually owed to me, he doesn't need to prove himself as a player much more than he already has.

That being said I can see Madrid loaning him out to someone who can afford even 200k of his weekly wages, maybe PSG just to get him out of there. PSG would probably be a good move for him as well, guaranteed game time, could have another go at winning the Champions league again with Neymar and Mbappe, potentially the best option at the moment for his situation.

I’m sure he’s quite happy with all the golf he can play, still got Wales, and a young family to spend more time with which is a bonus.
    Reckon they will cut a deal to let him go during this coming season.

If I were Ryan Giggs, I'd be trying to get him to move on because I cannot see how he will be effective for Wales in the Euros if the current situation persists, but I doubt it if this will happen because things seem to have reached an impasse. Perhaps if Real realise that Bale is not going to move anywhere permanently until his contract runs out, they might be agreeable to loaning him out to a club under terms that are more favourable than normal to the team taking him on?

I can’t help thinking that if this one anyone else (who wasn’t Bale or perhaps from Cardiff) he might be getting questioned about his professionalism? Attitude towards the game? How much money does he need? Or perhaps suggested he needs to be playing at his age?

I’m not siding with Franco XI here either.

The loan move would probably be for the best although as stated I think only a handful of clubs are going to be able to afford him in this current climate.

His agent has said that players at Bale's level don't go out on loan, so I guess he is ruling that out.

It's been suggested he dosen't want a move to the Premier League, probably beacause he is worried about picking up injuries or most likely because nobody could afford him.

The China deal was the best for all parties, Bale secures a pay rise, Real offload him and Wales have a happy footballer playing regularly. It's Madrid's fault for pulling the plug on that.

I think he's going to sit out his contract, unless someone comes in with a huge pay package for him which is now even more unlikely with impact of Covid-19. I don't blame him, he is perfectly entitled to.

No matter waht people write in the English press, his attitude has always been spot on for me, he's always in incredible condition, looks afterhimself off the pitch and makes very sensible business decisions. Not only that he has delivered on the pitch. He cost £85m, whcih dosen't sound a lot now, when you consider the Pogba and Couthinho fees, and repaid Madrid with trophies, spectacular goals and match winning performances. I'd say he's been great value.

I'd love him to be playing, pref in Europe, as I want Wales to be firing on all cylinders when we get to the Euros but att he moment I can't see that happening. Will he retire after his contact runs out? Does he want a crack at the next World Cup with Wales? Very difficult call.

Sit on my arse and earn the big bucks, no question about it at his age.

ZZ has said Bale preferred not to play tonight hence why he isn't even in the travelling squad. Perhaps Bale thought what was the point in travelling with the current Covid situation if he hasn't got a chance in actually playing anyway.

It's all become such a sad state of affairs - especially considering how great Bale has been for RM. I remember when ZZ in his first managerial stint actually rushed Bale back after a long period out with injury into a game against Barcelona just to have him in the starting 11 on such a crucial game. Clearly ZZ favoured Bale then. I wonder what has happened for it to turn so sour?

No doubt Bale has every right to his huge wage and to continue to sit on the bench. But it would be such a shame if he didn't play his last few years. Some would remember this over his achievements too - not sure if that would bother him mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    His agent has said that players at Bale's level don't go out on loan, so I guess he is ruling that out.

It's been suggested he dosen't want a move to the Premier League, probably beacause he is worried about picking up injuries or most likely because nobody could afford him.

The China deal was the best for all parties, Bale secures a pay rise, Real offload him and Wales have a happy footballer playing regularly. It's Madrid's fault for pulling the plug on that.

I think he's going to sit out his contract, unless someone comes in with a huge pay package for him which is now even more unlikely with impact of Covid-19. I don't blame him, he is perfectly entitled to.

No matter waht people write in the English press, his attitude has always been spot on for me, he's always in incredible condition, looks afterhimself off the pitch and makes very sensible business decisions. Not only that he has delivered on the pitch. He cost £85m, whcih dosen't sound a lot now, when you consider the Pogba and Couthinho fees, and repaid Madrid with trophies, spectacular goals and match winning performances. I'd say he's been great value.

I'd love him to be playing, pref in Europe, as I want Wales to be firing on all cylinders when we get to the Euros but att he moment I can't see that happening. Will he retire after his contact runs out? Does he want a crack at the next World Cup with Wales? Very difficult call.

He needs to go to America, play golf , avoid injury ,get richer .

In an ideal world he'd take a pay cut and go play for someone else regularly because we'd all love to be talented enough to play football for a living and he's only got a few years left, and also to be in good shape for Wales.

Take into account pride, disgruntlement at the way he's been treated, the fact he's achieved so much already, his family being settled, the nice life he's got there and the sheer amount of money he's on and I can't blame him for sitting on his arse though.

Saying that, and people might not agree with me but if he's barely played between now and next summer he won't be effective for us at the Euro's, or certainly the early games, and probably shouldn't start if our young guns have a good season. He's never been a great "rusty" player

I'd sit on my bum - if Barca get a good start next season ZZ will be out by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

He needs to play 'just enough' to be fit and sharp for Wales but not too much that he gets injured or fatigued, that's really all he cares about now, and playing golf.

Sit it out at RM and make sure he gets just enough game time.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    He needs to play 'just enough' to be fit and sharp for Wales but not too much that he gets injured or fatigued, that's really all he cares about now, and playing golf.

Sit it out at RM and make sure he gets just enough game time.
    I suppose with a couple of key injuries he'll be right back in the fold

He should offer to take a drop in pay, if Real agree to loan him wage-free to Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He should offer to take a drop in pay, if Real agree to loan him wage-free to Cardiff City.
    The trouble with that is he'd only be a squad player here. I mean can you honestly see him getting a game in the first team with the striking options we've currently got?

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post

David Beckham went out on loan to Milan. Twice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I can’t help thinking that if this one anyone else (who wasn’t Bale or perhaps from Cardiff) he might be getting questioned about his professionalism? Attitude towards the game? How much money does he need? Or perhaps suggested he needs to be playing at his age?

I’m not siding with Franco XI here either.

The loan move would probably be for the best although as stated I think only a handful of clubs are going to be able to afford him in this current climate.
    Good point, and I did wonder what people would have thought if, let's say, Joe Ralls did the same.

Personally, if any egotistical football club owner gives out stupid deals like the one they gave Bale, then it's amusing to see it when it goes wrong. It's not any footballer's fault that rich men want to hand out silly money. We'd all take it like a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    he doesn't want Cardiff , from what I'm told he has no allegiances /desire in the same way Bellers did /has .

I do agree with the view that not playing will not benefit Wales as he will not be match fit

What most supporters fail to realise is that although most fans would sell their granny to be a footballer at the end of the day it is just a job and if you was getting paid a handsome some and your manager was trying to force you out would you just walk and find another job?
    Or would you think I'm going nowhere, you will go before me.
    Especially as your next job is going to be paid a lot less than your current job.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    What most supporters fail to realise is that although most fans would sell their granny to be a footballer at the end of the day it is just a job and if you was getting paid a handsome some and your manager was trying to force you out would you just walk and find another job?
    Or would you think I'm going nowhere, you will go before me.
    Especially as your next job is going to be paid a lot less than your current job.
    I can’t imagine that all players feel like that. Like any profession, you’ll see a cross-section of people and amongst that will be players who just want to play.
    You’d think that a subsidised transfer could potentially happen, as appears to be the case with Alexis Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd honor my contract and take what was owed to me. Then I'd enjoy the rest of my life in peace.
    I imagine a lot of people will ask "how much money does he need?". But that ignores the fact that in his world, everyone earns hundreds of thousands a week. If he is a better player than the other guy, he will likely feel cheated if he is paid less. We all operate like that. I know the money involved for footballers is huge and so from the outside in we might ask why he cares if it is $200k or $300k a week or whatever, but that logic still applies. I've worked with people who have moved jobs to earn £3m instead of £2m and you wonder why - surely £2m is enough? But to them it's the same as moving from a £30k job to a £40k job or whatever and I am sure footballers are the same. Plus, wealthy people are weird.

How many years does he have left at the top of his game though? I agree he has every right to earn what he is contractually entitled to but if I were him I might really resent the idea of wasting a whole year sat on the bench, and I might grudgingly accept a role earning less money somewhere else and focus on achieving my professional goals. It means I'd be letting RM off the hook and that would rankle, but I'm not sure I'd give up a whole year of an already short career to earn more money.