+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robert De Niro , TV advert

Robert De Niro , TV advert

what the christ is one of the worlds actors doing dressing up like an idiot for to help advertise a fecking car ? !

I thought it was sad to see the anti establishment iggy pop prostituting himself for insurance a few years ago but this isxa new low

De Niro .....Deer Hunter , Taxi Driver , Once upon a time in America, goodfellas etc , some of the greatest films ever made

Lifelong anti republican and he's helping sell bloody cars

Does he need the money ?

God help us

Re: Robert De Niro , TV advert

I have no problem with bands letting their music be used for commercials. Iggy Pop creates his own art. If someone wants to pay him to use it, why shouldn't he accept? He was probably skint or at least financially insecure for the first 50 years of his life. He has every right to get what ever he can.

However, why De Niro would appear in a TV as is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have no problem with bands letting their music be used for commercials. Iggy Pop creates his own art. If someone wants to pay him to use it, why shouldn't he accept? He was probably skint or at least financially insecure for the first 50 years of his life. He has every right to get what ever he can.
    They weren't using his music

They had a stupid iggy pop doll with him doing a voice over

It was embarrassing

I think all these celebrities doing voice overs and appearances on adverts are embarrassing

That Snoop Dog fella allegedly received £5.3 million for the Just Eat adverts.................all eventually passed down to the consumer ..............and that 47p a day TV licence is too expensive??????????

John Lydon doing a butter advertisement surprised me.

Not got a massive issue with it though.

Di Niro sold out a long time ago he has a huge divorce bill and his NY restaurants are running at a loss. I do think it takes the shine off their careers. I always admire the Clint Eastwoods of this world.

International

The rolling stones even did one but it was a long time ago, at the beginning of their careers, not the end.

He has been in quite a few over the years to be fair.

It's obviously not going to be movie level sort of income but for someone like him it's also probably extremely easy money.

Man's gotta put bread on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    what the christ is one of the worlds actors doing dressing up like an idiot for to help advertise a fecking car ? !

I thought it was sad to see the anti establishment iggy pop prostituting himself for insurance a few years ago but this isxa new low

De Niro .....Deer Hunter , Taxi Driver , Once upon a time in America, goodfellas etc , some of the greatest films ever made

Does he need the money ?

God help us
    Not only that he has been dressed up as a simpleton looking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Not only that he has been dressed up as a simpleton looking ridiculous.
    But his Warburtons bagel adverts were ok.

Does he need the money ?

God help us

You have to consider that he pours a lot of money into his production company, Tribeca, which of course funds many productions by younger film makers who ordinarily wouldn't get funding for their movies/documentaries via traditional studio funding.

He admitted, or alluded to, taking on jobs to fund Tribeca that perhaps he wouldn't do unless he was trying to raise significant funds to ensure Tribeca can continue to operate, pay staff and fund projects.

So while I don't like some of the commercial stuff he does, he actually does it for a very good reason. Films like the Godfather, Raging Bull or Goodfellas, don't come around that often and actually didn't even pay him as much as some of the poorer work, like Dirty Grandpa.

As an aside, one of my favourite De Nero films is Midnight Run... very underrated

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Di Niro sold out a long time ago he has a huge divorce bill and his NY restaurants are running at a loss. I do think it takes the shine off their careers. I always admire the Clint Eastwoods of this world.
    De Nero has a film production company that he funds, Tribeca Productions, so he takes jobs just for the money so Tribeca can continue to fund younger filmmakers and more edgy films.

I kind of admire that.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    You have to consider that he pours a lot of money into his production company, Tribeca, which of course funds many productions by younger film makers who ordinarily wouldn't get funding for their movies/documentaries via traditional studio funding.

He admitted, or alluded to, taking on jobs to fund Tribeca that perhaps he wouldn't do unless he was trying to raise significant funds to ensure Tribeca can continue to operate, pay staff and fund projects.

So while I don't like some of the commercial stuff he does, he actually does it for a very good reason. Films like the Godfather, Raging Bull or Goodfellas, don't come around that often and actually didn't even pay him as much as some of the poorer work, like Dirty Grandpa.

As an aside, one of my favourite De Nero films is Midnight Run... very underrated
    Midnight Run is class

See you in the next life !

Midnight Run is class

See you in the next life !
    Brilliant film, people say De Nero can't do comedy but Midnight Run disproves that.

They weren't using his music

They had a stupid iggy pop doll with him doing a voice over

It was embarrassing

I think all these celebrities doing voice overs and appearances on adverts are embarrassing
    They used Lust For Life in a Royal Caribbean Cruise Line ad over here.

Midnight Run is a great film.

I'll admit (ashamedly) to laughing at some parts of Dirty Grandpa.

Yet the Smiths won't reform. You have to feel for Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke.

Brilliant film, people say De Nero can't do comedy but Midnight Run disproves that.
    uhhh king of comedy... anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    uhhh king of comedy... anyone ?
    King of comedy is very very dark though

This YouTube clip should clear everything up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh9GEvMzA6I

It's like sly I think used to do the bread, must be big payers for little work.